Keces P8 vs P3 LPS to power Sotm 200 and Bonn N8 switch

mnuno10

Dec 9, 2019
Hi,

My goal is to power a Sotm 200(12V), Zappiti One SE 4K HDR(12V) and a Silent Angel Bonn N8 switch(5V/1A).
The P8 seems perfect because it can power 2 devices at 12V and one at 5v. But I don't know if that 5v/1A USB port can be used to power the Silent Angel Bonn N8 switch.

I have the following question:
It is possible to power a Silent Angel Bonn N8 switch from the USB power port(5V/1A) of the Keces P8 LPS?
- If it is possible, will USB "power quality" be worst than supply directly from the normal DC outputs of the Keces P8?
- If it isn't possible, I will only power two devices(Sotm 200 and Silent Angel Bonn N8 switch). In this case the P8 worth the extra 300€ compared to the P3?

Thanks in advance.

shakti

May 9, 2015
Cologne, Germany
I do not know, if the USB out will work.

But I have P3 for Bonn N8 switch(5v) and my Router (12v)
This is working very good.

Changing from P3 to P8 (12v) makes the performance from my Router even better.

Vienna

VIP/Donor
I own a P8 with 9v -24v outputs, to power my roadrunner/eagle (from Phoenix Engineering) devices.
its a superb product but have never tested the usb port

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
Hi,

My goal is to power a Sotm 200(12V), Zappiti One SE 4K HDR(12V) and a Silent Angel Bonn N8 switch(5V/1A).
The P8 seems perfect because it can power 2 devices at 12V and one at 5v. But I don't know if that 5v/1A USB port can be used to power the Silent Angel Bonn N8 switch.

I have the following question:
It is possible to power a Silent Angel Bonn N8 switch from the USB power port(5V/1A) of the Keces P8 LPS?
- If it is possible, will USB "power quality" be worst than supply directly from the normal DC outputs of the Keces P8?
- If it isn't possible, I will only power two devices(Sotm 200 and Silent Angel Bonn N8 switch). In this case the P8 worth the extra 300€ compared to the P3?

Thanks in advance.

Do you know the specs of the power requirement for the Silent Angel Bonn? On one website I saw that the suggested LPS upgrade was a Farad Super3 which is 5V/3A which is more than the Keces 5V/1A.

Kingsrule

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2011
I have a P8 single voltage 19/20 and a P8 dual voltage 5/7 & 9/12 for sale

PM if interested

shakti

May 9, 2015
Cologne, Germany
Do you know the specs of the power requirement for the Silent Angel Bonn? On one website I saw that the suggested LPS upgrade was a Farad Super3 which is 5V/3A which is more than the Keces 5V/1A.

Keces P3 works without a problem

maxjsr

May 12, 2020
Hello from Spain!

I have a Keces P3 power supply.

The manual does not clarify anything about turning the unit on and off.
It is recommended to always have it on or turn it off with the rear switch when not in use ??

Thanks

shakti

May 9, 2015
Cologne, Germany
I cannot hear the difference, but I keep them switched on for convenience purpose.

Reactions: maxjsr

maxjsr

May 12, 2020
Thanks for your reply, shakti!!

My question was for durability reasons, not for sound reasons.
The truth is that for comfort it is better to always leave it on. Having the switch on the back is a bit awkward.

I have it connected to an Exasound Playpoint streamer. When the streamer is in use the Keces is quite hot but when I turn off the streamer the Keces is considerably less hot.

rgmd11

Mar 30, 2017
Hello from Spain!

I have a Keces P3 power supply.

The manual does not clarify anything about turning the unit on and off.
It is recommended to always have it on or turn it off with the rear switch when not in use ??

Thanks[/QUOTE

Hi
I have a P3 that runs a Vodafone Router and also a Ubiquiti switch, I leave it on 24/7 without problems.

Reactions: maxjsr

maxjsr

May 12, 2020
Ok. Fantastic.
Definitely always on.

Reactions: rgmd11

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing