Krell Service

dino1965

Sep 5, 2022
Hi, Have 2 units for my home theater: 5200 & 7200. both under warranty still and both have issues : one has an error message DC on channel 5 and the other one has an error message 272c. Agent here in Indonesia has been trying to contact Krell with no luck. Does anyone know if Krell is operational? The agent in Indonesia was selected to represent Krell products by Walter. He is also the agent for DCS, Gryphon, MBL and other big brands. Both of us are a bit disappointed with the response from Krell.

Agent sent an email to Ms Rondi and Timothy : No Response!

Can you help get us in touch with the relevant people? Thanks

Reactions: Alrainbow

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
Hi, Have 2 units for my home theater: 5200 & 7200. both under warranty still and both have issues : one has an error message DC on channel 5 and the other one has an error message 272c. Agent here in Indonesia has been trying to contact Krell with no luck. Does anyone know if Krell is operational? The agent in Indonesia was selected to represent Krell products by Walter. He is also the agent for DCS, Gryphon, MBL and other big brands. Both of us are a bit disappointed with the response from Krell.

Pm me info I live in nyc I’ll call service dept for you if you wish the one I deal with is in conn
near me.

dino1965

Sep 5, 2022
Pm me info I live in nyc I’ll call service dept for you if you wish the one I deal with is in conn
near me.
thanks for the reply! these are the error messages on the amps. 272c is on the 7200.

Attachments

• Krell 7 channel.jpg
    Krell 7 channel.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 2
  • krell 5200.jpg
    krell 5200.jpg
    52.7 KB · Views: 2

dino1965

Sep 5, 2022
would help if you sent me the contact details of the service center in Conn......perhaps the technician here can talk to them and figure out if he can source the spareparts from them. thanks again!

AdamZ

Mar 23, 2017
Germanny

Believe me, whatever they tell you, they're only interested in selling new equipment
I

dino1965

Sep 5, 2022
managed to get in touch with Krell directly - got the dealer here in touch with them - The owner (Mrs D'Agostino) and her team took care of it. So far so good! Apparently the dealer here was friendly with a certain Mr Walter and this Gent has since left Krell. Supposedly the dealer didn't know how to proceed.....either ways all sorted out

AdamZ

Mar 23, 2017
Germanny
found this on another thread in this forum and took it from there: https://www.strata-gee.com/turmoil-...t_jF8CqzmTsFyorVhSwCnz_iAQVIE9b8oY0&fs=e&s=cl

Trust the above will help you solve the problem!
Believe me, I contacted Bondi.
And she answered too.
The service that was supposed to take care of my amp was not happy. I was treated very badly.
Krell gambled away his credit with me a long time ago.
How long can it take to find a solution or to say: a repair is no longer possible or not worth it? 1 month? 3 months? 6 months? Maybe, and bad enough.
But 18 months? Decide for yourself what that says about Krell.

Last edited:

dino1965

Sep 5, 2022
Believe me, I contacted Bondi.
And she answered too.
The service that was supposed to take care of my amp was not happy. I was treated very badly.
Krell gambled away his credit with me a long time ago.
How long can it take to find a solution or to say: a repair is no longer possible or not worth it? 1 month? 3 months? 6 months? Maybe, and bad enough.
But 18 months? Decide for yourself what that says about Krell.
that is indeed a pity - may i know which krell amplifier you have? spoke to some die hard Krell fans - the new ones break down too soon. mine are the new ones - the issue is with the ibias circuitry it seems - either ways, they are working well now and sound good. Seems long term need to see if these are keepers or have to let them go, judging from your experience

AdamZ

Mar 23, 2017
Germanny
that is indeed a pity - may i know which krell amplifier you have? spoke to some die hard Krell fans - the new ones break down too soon. mine are the new ones - the issue is with the ibias circuitry it seems - either ways, they are working well now and sound good. Seems long term need to see if these are keepers or have to let them go, judging from your experience
It is a KSA-200S.
Everyone says: make sure you keep it alive because the new amps are worse and a lot of cheap parts are used. I have now requested the power amplifier and all parts back. Whether broken or repaired.
I think I'll have to wait a few more months.
By the way: I live in Germany.
And now enough has been said. The subject has already put me in a bad mood enough.

AdamZ

Mar 23, 2017
Germanny
Hello Guys.
Now this horror trip is over.
Today my power amplifier was suddenly delivered to me.
Without notice, without explanation and without repair.
That's it.
After all 1 1/2 Year for nothing.
In the end an experience I didn't need.
CU

Argonaut

Jul 30, 2013
N/A
At least the equipment is actually back in your possession and you are in control of the process in finding another EE conversant with and competent servicing Krell , best of luck .

Reactions: AdamZ

AdamZ

Mar 23, 2017
Germanny
Hello.
The Krell KSA-200S amplifier is now repaired.
I expect his arrival next week.
Total costs about 750 euros.
Including transport with forwarding agency total 1200 km.
Spare parts around 85 euros.
But all of this also takes a lot of time.
Troubleshooting, disassembling, repairing, assembling, testing, etc.
And the technician also took his planned vacation during this time.;)
I'm really happy that I'll soon have back the old condition of my system.

Last edited:

dino1965

Sep 5, 2022
Hello.
great news - alls well that ends well - enjoy - I know the feeling - RELIEF:)

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Hello.
Where did you end up having it repaired ?

Another Johnson

VIP/Donor
Jan 13, 2022
Music City, USA aka Nashville
The problem described in this thread is rooted in the importer’s agreement for the gear. The importer takes on the responsibility for service, and the manufacturer expects the importer to uphold their end of the agreement. Often the importer really isn’t prepared, especially if the broken gear is either an older model, or a parallel import.

I’ve seen this type of experience with many brands. It’s generally spelled out in the particular importer’s warranty at the point of sale. Customers don’t like it, there is often finger pointing, but it is what it is. I’ve had great service on old Krell units from the factory, but I have always been using gear in the home country of the manufacturer, ie the USA.

Lagonda

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2014
Denmark
Krell gear is just notoriously unreliable, it breaks a lot, combined that with expensive shipping from Europe, i cannot recommend owning Krell over here. And Krell has had bad luck when choosing da converters an drives for their machines too, some of them became rapidly obsolete. Stocking ample parts never seem to be a priority of the company that always seemed in need of outside money to survive. :rolleyes:

Reactions: AdamZ

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing