Lamm ML3 + LL1, at last!

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
Lately I have been reading about one very interesting, although extremely expensive speaker - the Living Voice Olympian / Elysian.

I find them used mostly with Kondo, but does any one know about anyone using them with Lamm ?

BTW, the Living Voice world is filled with surprises ...

Never seen Lamm with LV. The only LV I have seen with no Kondo is with Angstrom Lars 300b.

Tang

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
The only LV I have seen with no Kondo is with Angstrom Lars 300b.
This year in Munich LV had two rooms and demoed for the first time with something other than Kondo.
Vox Olympian with Kondo and Vox Palladian with Engström.

Both where excellent and again - at least for me - way above the other exhibitors but I prefered the Olympian with Kondo over Palladian with Engström :D

Last edited:

Tango

VIP/Donor
Mar 12, 2017
Bangkok
7389F1E0-41BE-4554-B6EF-F760AC4EA06D.jpeg

Reactions: christoph

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
what horns is Christian getting?

Think he is looking at living voice based on the feelers he gave in his home shifting and another thread

Reactions: the sound of Tao

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
That is because Kevin is also the importer for Kondo Japan and voices them on it.

Please don't go horns. Bill started that way last year. Christian and Audioquattr now. If you do it, and then Rudolf, whom will I debate with? Just Boston? And Davey will be almost alone

No reason to fear ... My curiosity was triggered by the fact that reports on the Living Voice Olympian seem to be free from hysterical anti-digital bias, a not so common thing in the horn loving community. :) The fact that I am evaluating a Kondo KSL DAC (96 kHz version) also helped!

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
No reason to fear ... My curiosity was triggered by the fact that reports on the Living Voice Olympian seem to be free from hysterical anti-digital bias, a not so common thing in the horn loving community. :) The fact that I am evaluating a Kondo KSL DAC (96 kHz version) also helped!

Many horn systems are digital. Especially AG, some Cessaro, Anima, universum, all have great digital. Wilson and Magico systems have some great analog.

microstrip

VIP/Donor
May 30, 2010
Portugal
Many horn systems are digital. Especially AG, some Cessaro, Anima, universum, all have great digital. Wilson and Magico systems have some great analog.

Are you meaning great digital equipment or great real sounding digital? ;)

morricab

Apr 25, 2014
Switzerland
You might find the AC Kassandra to your liking...give it a listen since you are potentially movable.from DCS land...

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
You might find the AC Kassandra to your liking...give it a listen since you are potentially movable.from DCS land...
Or the Lampizator Pacific DAC :rolleyes:
;)

Reactions: audioquattr

Legolas

VIP/Donor
Dec 27, 2015
France
My DAC weighs more than yours!.

How about these big 813 tubes I just got in for my incoming Genus, they are err, kinda BIG. Why is everything Stavros makes use big parts and is huge / heavy? I know why, because big parts sound better than little parts!

Seriously though, for example small OPTs are generally crap, and a weedy power supply doesn't do a tube amp or any amp justice IMO. Physical constants and domestic acceptance, if it impacts the sound is a no no in my book. Essentially if you own an Aries Cerat system, it is going to dominate the living room both physically and sonically. My other half actually digs the design look so that helps.

813 RCA NOS FRONT.JPG 813 RCA NOS BACK.JPG

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

He is slowly building up a Kondo system. He feels lost out on the forum with dCS and Wilson these days so is getting living voice vox. With his penchant for synergy of all components being from the same brand, he thinks Kondo KSL dac will be the thing. Of course, he will first try the vox with the Lamms. I could be totally wrong but that's the way press works

Or the Lampizator Pacific DAC :rolleyes:
;)

GG better

Legolas

VIP/Donor
Dec 27, 2015
France
microstrip, I would love you to come and listen to the Kassandra Ref II and the Genus at my demo room hear in Spain.

On the Kondo KSL, Giuliano, my buddy in Italy bought a Kondo KSL DAC to replace his Audio Note DAC 5. I bought his DAC 5, then later bought the Kassandra. The Kassandra is way better than the DAC 5. Needless to say Giuliano sold the KSL as he didn't rate it, and bought my DAC 5 back off me. He had the Kondo Overture then driving Audio Note AN-E SEC Silvers. But now has the Kondo Souga 2a3 power amplifier.

My point is on a scale of 1-10, I would put the KSL at roughly 5, the DAC 5 at 7 and the Kassandra at 9 in my rating scale.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
microstrip, I would love you to come and listen to the Kassandra Ref II and the Genus at my demo room hear in Spain.

On the Kondo KSL, Giuliano, my buddy in Italy bought a Kondo KSL DAC to replace his Audio Note DAC 5. I bought his DAC 5, then later bought the Kassandra. The Kassandra is way better than the DAC 5. Needless to say Giuliano sold the KSL as he didn't rate it, and bought my DAC 5 back off me. He had the Kondo Overture then driving Audio Note AN-E SEC Silvers. But now has the Kondo Souga 2a3 power amplifier.

My point is on a scale of 1-10, I would put the KSL at roughly 5, the DAC 5 at 7 and the Kassandra at 9 in my rating scale.

I agree, with the GG at 10 :p

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
I hate to be off topic but I’m interested Ked in why the GG and not the Pacifica which people say is a 10.

as i understand the differences and to my ears; simply; the Pacifica is more refined and smoother with limited tube choices, the GG is more unfettered (exciting) and you can roll more tubes.

more they are different, and get ranked based on priorities.....especially proclivity to roll tubes.

as far as what is a 10 on the list of dacs, another question completely.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
I hate to be off topic but I’m interested Ked in why the GG and not the Pacifica which people say is a 10.

I prefer the GG, I don't like the Pac. It is a very different dac. And yes, I am not the only one in this camp, and there are also those who prefer the Pac much more to their GG, so if someone auditions, they should remember these are two very different dacs and try both, not deduce what one is like based on the other. For example, big 7 and GG were very similar, the latter better all round in similar ways but the GG and Pac are quite different

Last edited:

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
as i understand the differences and to my ears; simply; the Pacifica is more refined and smoother with limited tube choices, the GG is more unfettered (exciting) and you can roll more tubes.

more they are different, and get ranked based on priorities.....especially proclivity to roll tubes.

Much more than this. I disagree Pac is more refined and smoother. For me tube rolling is only initially to set up GG and optimize it, then I really prefer only one tube once set up, max two in some systems.

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
as far as what is a 10 on the list of dacs, another question completely.

For me Mike the Select ll is a 10. Ive heard it many times. It is my de facto standard.

However I have heard from users of Pacifica it too is a 10 however I have never heard it and so have no opinion about it other than to say it could well be a 10

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing