Lampizator announcement: launch of our all new TOTL HORIZON DAC

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein

abeidrov

VIP Donor
Dec 17, 2015
Moscow
It’s a sad little world: MSB has a 100k dac, so you need a dac priced comparatively to be successful against it and compete with other big boys.
I remember the time when the first Golden Gate was introduced at 8k and everyone thought it was so outrageously expensive…

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
The Wadax Atlantis Reference DAC is 145k. :rolleyes:

• Haha
Reactions: abeidrov

Uk Paul

Member Sponsor
Sep 27, 2012
UK
Question will be do Lampi want to play that game of exorbitant pricing or continue with their historical approach to pricing their products? They would certainly maintain respect by keeping to the latter IMO..

As an aside, it looks awful..

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
Don't know where this price tag of 100k is coming from but I "strongly" believe it will land around the figure @howiebrou wrote. Which by no means is small but looking at the industry prices left, right and center it is what it is. Anyhow they wrote they'll communicate pricing in due course so no reason to speculate - just my two cents

Last edited:

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Don't know where this price tag of 100k is coming from but I "strongly" believe it will land around the figure @howiebrou wrote. Which by no means is small but looking at the industry prices left, right and center it is what it is. Anyhow they anyway wrote they'll communicate pricing in due course so no reason to speculate - just my two cents

It's carry over from the Nagra TT thread.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
GG £20k
Pacific £30k
Pilium £40k
APL MR £50k
Ideon Ref £60k
ACerat £90k
MSB £130k
Wadax Ref £150k
...Horizon pricing, take your bets, gentlemen...

HungarianPal

Jul 18, 2020
Hungary
This futile guessing game about the price is leading nowhere.
For those who can afford such a TOTL DAC in the first place price is no issue anyway.
Regarding aesthetics, to me it is a huge step backwards. But the most important thing is the sound.

Lukasz "Lampizator" Fikus

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jan 29, 2020
Gentlemen, I am truly thrilled to be a part of this launch, by far the greatest effort in my life to create something THIS EXTRAORDINARY. While the looks can not give the full story, everything important happens inside. and Man, there is a lot happening.
I am one of three persons who listened to this DAC almost every day for the last 2 years, so I know what is going to happen next.
The launch, as often happens at NASA, was postponed many times due to enormous turbulence in the industry. Getting things done the way we want is a real challenge but we opted for rather waiting patiently than risking this launch.
Most questions that I anticipate will be around comparison of the Horizon to the Pacific and Golden Gate DACs. It is very hard to give a short answer. Basically we intended to give you what you like about the Pacific but a bit more. We ended up giving a LOT MORE while eliminating any weakness it had (mostly cosmetically). To me, subjectively - considering my taste in music and in the listening per se - it is a huge jump in everything I can name in the audiophile reviewer's terms. In one word it is a bliss.
I hope that despite the pandemic, we will be able to send first 20 units to the keen early adopters and we will know their honest opinion. This forum will be the best platform for gathering feedback and data, (mostly praise, wows and ahs. ) ;-)
Continuing our good tradition, we will offer together with our dealers an attractive trade-in program. People who own our DACs will have priority to ge t the Horizon. The Pacific or Golden Gate at hand will be like a golden ticket.

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
It's the Pilium Ideon APL price band to watch...unless of course Lucasz feels it beats ACerat MSB Select Wadax Ref DACs...then the sky ISN'T the limit.

Lukasz "Lampizator" Fikus

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jan 29, 2020
It’s a sad little world: MSB has a 100k dac, so you need a dac priced comparatively to be successful against it and compete with other big boys.
I remember the time when the first Golden Gate was introduced at 8k and everyone thought it was so outrageously expensive…
We dont even know their prices and we dont play that game at all. I believe in Excel and calculation of all my costs including R&D and overheads And material cost increase and supply chain problems.

Uk Paul

Member Sponsor
Sep 27, 2012
UK
Exactly what I hoped to hear from Lukasz, there is hope in the real world..

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
GG £20k
Pacific £30k
Pilium £40k
APL MR £50k
Ideon Ref £60k
ACerat £90k
MSB £130k
Wadax Ref £150k
...Horizon pricing, take your bets, gentlemen...
I think the all-in (12 box?) CHP is over 200k :p

• Haha
Reactions: Audiophile Bill

marslo

VIP/Donor
May 2, 2014
Poland
I do hope that in our courtyard it will be available sooner than in Florida ;)

cpcat

Jun 20, 2016
South Carolina
I like the look of the DAC.

What’s the inside joke about Florida?

marslo

VIP/Donor
May 2, 2014
Poland
No hidden suggestions, just hope that Lukasz will not forget his Polish and European customers;)

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
As an aside, it looks awful..

Probably the least important thing to consider when auditioning new gear.As it was phrased so well in the movie Beauty and the Beast as well as Lukasz in an earlier post above ....."Beauty comes from within" Maybe that's why I listen with lights out so that I am not distracted by looking at the gear but rather listening to the music

Fred has already stated that the anticipation is the MSRP will be higher. Is there ever any doubt that when new gear is released that prices will be higher. Most importantly is the supply chain in the global market has made sourcing parts almost impossible.

In my communications with Lukasz and Fred, this DAC is a 3 year labor of love by Lukasz and gone are the DHT's but here is a new standard created by Lukasz over that 3 year period

It is going to be exciting watching the Lampizator tube rolling thread because there are so many combinations of excellent tubes that can be used

Kudos to Lukasz

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing