Lampizator announcement: launch of our all new TOTL HORIZON DAC

Willgolf

Jul 21, 2019
Gold Canyon, Az
Lukasz
Many many people myself included have used upgraded fuses like SR or QSA with great results. Did you consider using an upgraded fuse in your research? If not will the fuse holder be removable? In the Pacific it does not and is difficult to change fuses.

K3RMIT

Sep 4, 2020
Nail on the head.

It looks bloody dreadful! :) No, really. It just does. And cheap.

Also in need of some super esoteric unobtanium tubes to justify the cost.

Just being honest. I think Duracell PACs look great.
The stuff some just post and have no care about it. Would you or other nay sayers do this on other brands here.
Like msb as an example ill
bet not. i think all audio needs a niche to carve out i think lampi does this many times over in looks and of course it sound. for anyone who can begin to follow what yoda has said of its tech alone should make want one as I do.

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014
The stuff some just post and have no care about it. Would you or other nay sayers do this on other brands here.
Like msb as an example ill
bet not. i think all audio needs a niche to carve out i think lampi does this many times over in looks and of course it sound. for anyone who can begin to follow what yoda has said of its tech alone should make want one as I do.
I think it is a fun product but after having owned three Lampizators and getting one rebuilt extensively, and basically massively promoting triode based DACs in the Lampi tube rolling thread I think saying what I think of the looks and complementing the Duracell Pacific looks is fair enough.

shakti

May 9, 2015
Cologne, Germany
looking forward to read the first listening impressions !

Congratulation to the Lampizator Team, I love the look of the Horizon :)

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
looking forward to read the first listening impressions !

Congratulation to the Lampizator Team, I love the look of the Horizon :)
Exactly what he said, all of it :p

LampiNA

Jun 30, 2015
I think it is a fun product but after having owned three Lampizators and getting one rebuilt extensively, and basically massively promoting triode based DACs in the Lampi tube rolling thread I think saying what I think of the looks and complementing the Duracell Pacific looks is fair enough.
It may be best to reserve judgment on aesthetics. The renderings I saw of the unit, especially in silver, were quite stunning...

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014
It may be best to reserve judgment on aesthetics. The renderings I saw of the unit, especially in silver, were quite stunning...
I must admit I looked again on a bigger screen but my opinion stands ATM.

That said, I might like some variant or finish. And better scenery / photos may help.

I didn't like gold Pacs much. Liked the copper GG finish so it's all a bit bit and miss with me.

Here's me admiring an early GG. I didn't buy one.

highstream

VIP/Donor
Nov 16, 2013
Is there going to be any trickle down in the technology into upgrades for dacs down the line?

K3RMIT

Sep 4, 2020
It’s ok always buy the way I own an iron man pac hahahaa having colors is cool
I did the same back when I owned an msb stack too.

Reactions: christoph

DeadWax

Apr 11, 2020
Is there going to be any trickle down in the technology into upgrades for dacs down the line?
As a fellow Atlantic TRP owner I was curious about the same thing! Wondering if an upgrade towards a product newly introduced a year or so from now may be in my future and closer to my budget ;)

bryans

VIP/Donor
Dec 26, 2017
we will have to agree to disagree on this. I 'never' consider the looks of any piece of equipment when considering a purchase. This hobby involves our ears, not our eyes
Sorry but I don't agree with you on saying this hobby doesn't involve our eyes. The aesthetics of gear does matter. Something as simple as companies offering gear in silver vs. black is due to the fact that people want choices. Now to me the sound outweighs the aesthetics but it does matter. Of course everyone is different.

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
One of my take-aways from looking at the pic is that it looks like Lukasz is using an Elrog 274b recti. Hmmm, makes me wonder- if that's his recti of choice, should I try one for my GG2 (currently an EML 274b)? Or is it a machine specific optimization thing?

Reactions: bonzo75

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
It’s ok always buy the way I own an iron man pac hahahaa having colors is cool
I did the same back when I owned an msb stack too.

Oh. You changed your username? Didn't recognize you before

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Sorry but I don't agree with you on saying this hobby doesn't involve our eyes. The aesthetics of gear does matter. Something as simple as companies offering gear in silver vs. black is due to the fact that people want choices. Now to me the sound outweighs the aesthetics but it does matter. Of course everyone is different
like you I also like choices but in the end it doesn’t matter to me. My gear is probably butt ugly however I wouldn’t trade it for anything else. It is all about the sound

BTW I have a Duracell PacIfic and I love the color. The choices Lukasz is giving us is matchless. However at the end of the day one man’s passion is another man’s poison. I’ve said all along my path follows the best SQ. If it is plain or gussied up none of that is going to affect the sound of any component. I’d be be looking more at the build and chassis and the specs of the component but in the end it’s my ears that are the final arbiter

BTW I love the color of my Pacific but it’s the sound of it that draws me in

Lukasz "Lampizator" Fikus

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jan 29, 2020
One of my take-aways from looking at the pic is that it looks like Lukasz is using an Elrog 274b recti. Hmmm, makes me wonder- if that's his recti of choice, should I try one for my GG2 (currently an EML 274b)? Or is it a machine specific optimization thing?
Elrog is purely an attempt on the estethetics of the photo shoot.

Reactions: LampiNA

Lukasz "Lampizator" Fikus

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jan 29, 2020
Lukasz
Many many people myself included have used upgraded fuses like SR or QSA with great results. Did you consider using an upgraded fuse in your research? If not will the fuse holder be removable? In the Pacific it does not and is difficult to change fuses.
We will use the same solution as in the Pacific - with integrated switch / filter / fuse and the "drawer" fitting. I dont think anyone wants to enroll on a fuse rolling frenzy. Perhaps one change is enough ? ;-)

Reactions: Mamon

abeidrov

VIP Donor
Dec 17, 2015
Moscow
Hi Lukasz, could you clarify if this dac uses some sort of D/A chip or it is a chipless design like DCS or Chord? Which USB solution will be used?

Thanks in advance,
Aziz

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Even if it is a chipless design I hope it is not like dCS or chord.

Better question is if it is chip or R2R like Lampi

Reactions: mr.gregdee

abeidrov

VIP Donor
Dec 17, 2015
Moscow
Even if it is a chipless design I hope it is not like dCS or chord.

Better question is if it is chip or R2R like Lampi
I thought, a dac can be based on a delta sigma chip, R2R or it can be a chipless solution.

Reactions: bonzo75

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing