Lampizator announcement: launch of our all new TOTL HORIZON DAC

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
Is the USB card still a JL Sounds or is it something else?

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
Is the USB card still a JL Sounds or is it something else?
I asked Fred about that several weeks ago and he confirmed JL Sounds or it’s upgrade if such a thing exists. It will function with TAS and the Extreme

Reactions: dminches and ctydwn

Steve Williams

I asked Fred about that several weeks ago and he confirmed JL Sounds or it’s upgrade if such a thing exists. It will function with TAS and the Extreme
Bear in mind that this is important for acres as he is a Taiko dealer selling Lampi DACs and Taiko Extreme

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
Dimensions please? (The GG is a tough fit for many shelves as far as depth. I'd like to know if the Horizon is similar in length.)
I also hope attention is being paid to damping the chassis and top plate. The GG was hardly impressive in this regard by many accounts.

Last edited:

Steve Williams

Weight: 30 kg / 70 lbs netto, 40 kg / 90 lbs brutto

Dimensions without tubes: 440 mm W x 500 mm D x 160 mm H

Digital inputs: same in every dac, not user - selectable: 1 x USB, 1 x S/PDIF RCA, 1 x AES/EBU, 1 x TOSLINK , 1 x HDMI or RJ45 for i2S

1 x analog input RCA

Volume control in every unit

Balanced and SE in every unit

Volume bypass function

Colors: no gold, no anodizing, no car paint (like Mazda Red)
Matt Black Hole
Satin Iceberg White
Teflon Sahara Night
Silver Glitter
Duracell (Black and copper top)
British Racing Green

Packing in flight case

Tube compliment:
1 x 5U4G rectifier or equivalent, 274B, 5Y3, 5C3S, GZ34, GZ37, GZ480, 5AR4WGB
2 x 6SN7GT or adaptor fitted 6N1P, ECC99, ECC40, VT99, 6F8G, ECC88, 6922, 6DJ9 E88CC
4 x EL34 or 6V6, 6L6, KT66, KT88, KT90, KT120, 6550, 5881

Remote Control - as before

Footers: non exchangeable

Display: 2-digit Nixie display

DSD: 512x
PCM: 768k
Volume level: standardized 3V pp @00dB with every dac / every tube

In short:
no gold
no DHT tubes
no anodization,
no LAN
No knob

Reactions: MJG

Steve Williams

Weight: 30 kg / 70 lbs netto, 40 kg / 90 lbs brutto

Dimensions without tubes: 440 mm W x 500 mm D x 160 mm H

Digital inputs: same in every dac, not user - selectable: 1 x USB, 1 x S/PDIF RCA, 1 x AES/EBU, 1 x TOSLINK , 1 x HDMI or RJ45 for i2S

1 x analog input RCA

Volume control in every unit

Balanced and SE in every unit

Volume bypass function

Colors: no gold, no anodizing, no car paint (like Mazda Red)
Matt Black Hole
Satin Iceberg White
Teflon Sahara Night
Silver Glitter
Duracell (Black and copper top)
British Racing Green

Packing in flight case

Tube compliment:
1 x 5U4G rectifier or equivalent, 274B, 5Y3, 5C3S, GZ34, GZ37, GZ480, 5AR4WGB
2 x 6SN7GT or adaptor fitted 6N1P, ECC99, ECC40, VT99, 6F8G, ECC88, 6922, 6DJ9 E88CC
4 x EL34 or 6V6, 6L6, KT66, KT88, KT90, KT120, 6550, 5881

Remote Control - as before

Footers: non exchangeable

Display: 2-digit Nixie display

DSD: 512x
PCM: 768k
Volume level: standardized 3V pp @00dB with every dac / every tube

In short:
no gold
no DHT tubes
no anodization,
no LAN
No knob
My understanding is that dimensions are similar to the Pacific.

LampiNA

Jun 30, 2015
Here’s a build of one in silver

View attachment 85579
It is indeed gorgeous, but I believe what we are looking at here is raw, polished, aluminum. It will stain, scratch and tarnish if not coated.

Lukssz was explaining the process to me the other day where it won't be a traditional spray paint but a charged particle type process similar to powder coating but a much better finished product in person. I don't want to butcher the explaination, so I'll let him chime in.

Reactions: Steve Williams

Lukasz "Lampizator" Fikus

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jan 29, 2020
From my discussion with Lukasz it seems a Riccardo Kron 5u4g will be provided for that position.
In today's economy we can not make hard promises for anything, we can say that one of three premium European brands will be provided - Riccardo Kron KR, Emission Lams Mesh series, or Elrog. Depending on availability.

Lukasz "Lampizator" Fikus

Industry Expert/VIP Donor
Jan 29, 2020
Nice looking DAC Lukasz. Nice that the Old Pacific owners don`t have to worry about losing money big time , and this continuous trade option is a great advance in this market. As an compatriot I`m very proud to have this Audio Company over here!

Give us some more information about the inner parts, solutions. If that`s no secret.
Ownership of older product is like holding a slab of gold.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
  • Haha
Reactions: Golum

K3RMIT

Sep 4, 2020
I think tube rolling offers a unique sound tuning ability that I don’t think any audio dac maker gets close to having. i can see how some feel stressEd. the truth is we all are faced with many choices to tune our systems. where you can keep stock tubes as I have done as well as roll. knowing we have the option is amazing to hear if tried. ill bet none of us have tone controls on our preamps somehow I miss them too. we are told less is more yet given many many options of more to try In so many ways. tubes are much cheaper to try and have them to hear the effects.

seant

Jun 18, 2021
Congrats on the gorgeous DAC. I heard that this DAC will have a quasi buffer. What is the approx output impedance gonna be?

Reactions: K3RMIT

mr.gregdee

Oct 3, 2016
E.Sussex ,UK
gpoint-audio.com
I think tube rolling offers a unique sound tuning ability that I don’t think any audio dac maker gets close to having. i can see how some feel stressEd. the truth is we all are faced with many choices to tune our systems. where you can keep stock tubes as I have done as well as roll. knowing we have the option is amazing to hear if tried. ill bet none of us have tone controls on our preamps somehow I miss them too. we are told less is more yet given many many options of more to try In so many ways. tubes are much cheaper to try and have them to hear the effects.
You are absolutely right K3rmit, but the biggest advantage is to find the final combination which works best in the context of the system. Fine tuning which tube rolling allows goes way beyond the fine adjustments and voicing which can be achieved with the cables, and as you pointed, comes for less. From my own experience, and I am in that game from the beginning, as well as the most of our existing customers who stay in touch, we know that once the heartwarming combination had been found there is the period of the constant enjoyment and submerge into music takes over the rolling. But without such abilities for the start many of us would never found their sweet spot with any other serial made dac.

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London
Imagine a TT where you cannot change the cartridge and arm to suit your downstream

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
What does TOTL mean at the beginning of the DAC name?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing