Lampizator DSD DAC

You have Duelund cast? Cool
Since very beginning Ked, Lukasz used the ones I have had in my first Lampi - DSD only DAC, so fully burned -in.

I love to read what we use not sure if I posted this. Does anybody here use or has heard the psvane we 274b recti
Also to me in my setup the 101D are limited to what I can play them with both new mad old dacs
Whike there great when they gel they are offensive and even corse in sound st times.
I have a real now set of them. I guess I should try them too.

I didn't like the psvane recti. Both bright and not refined. I will stay with KR until I decide to spend on the Tak

I should just go off the Lampi threads, stop spending here and focus elsewhere

If I may ask how do you people evailuate the sound of each tube.
I do the following
Out the tube in warm for ten mins first
Write down it sounds whike playing about 5 tracks both dsd and PCM varying genre
I do this at a little lower than normal volume.
I also play while they are burning in at a very low volume low enough to hear the peaks and some lower sounds not loud enough for any bass . I do this to show me the peaks the tube has. Peaks help me find where he tubes may slightly above linear sounds.
I do the almost normal sound volume a few times each time writing down how I feel. Lately I play them
Loud at live levels. I do this as of its good at this level it's great at others.
Please help me and contribute.
Thanks

IMG_0128.JPG
Heading out to dinner I just spent 2 hours rolling recti,s . ill post when I get back . Norman I have a use for the airfoce recti again . I have more but will take more time .

I didn't like the psvane recti. Both bright and not refined. I will stay with KR until I decide to spend on the Tak

Bonzo, I checked the price of KR 242, it's Euro 600 a pair. While PX-4 is more expensive, Euro 700. I am asking Jim White, whether my Aesthetix Eclipse preamp and Atlas mono can handle the additional 6 db if I replaced it with KR 242. Currently, the display on my remote unit is only 13 - 15. When using PS Audio Directstream DAC, I have to turn it up to 20 - 23. With only 13 - 15, I am not sure if they're db or just number of clicks. Anyway, the Tak 274B is also very enticing. :)

Bonzo, I checked the price of KR 242, it's Euro 600 a pair. While PX-4 is more expensive, Euro 700. I am asking Jim White, whether my Aesthetix Eclipse preamp and Atlas mono can handle the additional 6 db if I replaced it with KR 242. Currently, the display on my remote unit is only 13 - 15. When using PS Audio Directstream DAC, I have to turn it up to 20 - 23. With only 13 - 15, I am not sure if they're db or just number of clicks. Anyway, the Tak 274B is also very enticing. :)

Try Elrog 300b, but expensive for balanced. Highly recommended by some on this forum

Of course it's what he said and George is a very honest man as well as very knowlegiable on tubes. Between me and one friend we have had 6 Elrogs go bad. Not a tube to Recomend to anyone for a lampi.

I was keen to try the elrog but stayed away as I did not to take this risk. My dealer here in singapore dared not give me a whole heated recommendation for the elrog.
I bot eml 45 mesh in the end... not globe edition. I paired it to take 274b to good effect and like this combination over the 101d.

Thanks for Sharing. He elrogs are a really good sounding tube I was the one who posted about them
The globe mesh from lampi is an amazing tube sound that for me exceeds the Elrogs in clarity by a margin.
He new px25 is that and more weight so far it's the leader. Theb101d is an odd tube that sounds best from a far staging when it's up close it is not nice for me it even shows some some courseness at times. But some love the tube it's why oppose anyone to say this is best for all. It's only best for each of us mostly
Have you tried your GG balanced with out a preamp ? Just curious ?

I prefer my audio research ref 6 in the chain.

I think it's very personal. Direct from dac is cleaner and faster, through pre has more weight, with colour. I have tried this with AR Ref 3, Jadis JPL, and Shindo pre. 2 of us preferred with, 2 without. One Lampi guy sold off his Wavac PRT1 and runs direct. Another has my favorite pre, NAT Magnetostat, but prefers GG direct. I also tried with the NAT when I had them. Marginally preferred with. I usually prefer the pre

I completely understand I am using a preamp as well till I get the se to bal transformer to allow direct

Yeah it's a personal choice. I am sending in my gg for upgrade to r2r pcm/dsd. Dsd512 gold pcb board and USB board.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing