Lampizator DSD DAC

If I am translating Al correctly, his B7 is R2R for both, while his head dac is older PCM and chipless DSD.

He clearly prefers his newer, R2R PCM, and says it's very close to DSD. I concur from what I heard at Bill's I personally am not sold on upsampling. I like playing natively, while sometimes it suits upsampling

Comparing DSD between the two, reading from his previous posts, he is saying it's as good, but different

No. The headdac is old firmware r2r pcm and chipless dsd256 and the newly upgraded B7 is new firmware R2R dsd256 and PCM. R2r dsd is only SE and tops out at 256. Only chipless can do 512.

400 hours if you have Duelunds, not sure about Mundorf though.

What valves do you have?

I have a theory on burn in. Whike it's part the components
It's also our brain. Why is simple we recognize music by fast very fast memory
So for me I think it's both a d more us than it.
While I listen to this new dac now each track adds a layer of just how it compares to other dacs
It's how each of us does this. Tubes do sound odd when you first turn them on first time but this goes away pretty fast for me.

I have a theory on burn in. Whike it's part the components
It's also our brain. Why is simple we recognize music by fast very fast memory
So for me I think it's both a d more us than it.
While I listen to this new dac now each track adds a layer of just how it compares to other dacs
It's how each of us does this. Tubes do sound odd when you first turn them on first time but this goes away pretty fast for me.
True, but I am talking about capacitors, not tubes. Tubes also need burn in, but it is much less. Even small capacitor in Sony hirez player needs 100 hours of burn in. It is stated in the manual:)

May I ask how you Guys burn in , do you use old tubes , play music or pink noise ??

Not sure about the technology either. I call it R2R DSD as the new R2R PCM engine now supports DSD up to 256. I guess, it is better to have old DSD too just for the piece of mind. Interestingly, you need a separate board and manual switching if you want DSD512, Lapmpizator is just working now on the new R2R engine which will support DSD512.

Thanks to all of you for your answers, but I see I can not understand technical "lampizatorish" - perhaps when we listen to such DACs it activates some particular cells in our brain, illuminating our minds! ;)

I feed it with sinyal from Auralic Aries. Turn off preamp and amps. Let it keep on playing with no sound.

Hi, it takes time to burn in, but by now you will know if you like it or not. If you like it great, if not, what are the problems you are facing?

May I ask how you Guys burn in , do you use old tubes , play music or pink noise ??

I ignore break in and just play music. When I am not around during the day... I leave in a playback loop and turn the amp volume down to mute.

It's just simply amazing. No comparison to my PS Audio Directstream. :)

Ah ok, I thought you were worried and hence asking about the break in time. If you like it, great, it will get much better over the next 6months, and if it is single ended, should have a jump in sound with PX25 (steroidal PX4). Also try KR 242 and Elrog 300b when you get round to it. Things only get better over the years with a Lampi. One of those rare products where even restless minds like mine don't want to swap out of.

Ah ok, I thought you were worried and hence asking about the break in time. If you like it, great, it will get much better over the next 6months, and if it is single ended, should have a jump in sound with PX25 (steroidal PX4). Also try KR 242 and Elrog 300b when you get round to it. Things only get better over the years with a Lampi. One of those rare products where even restless minds like mine don't want to swap out of.

Thanks bonzo. I asked tubesusa before and the guy said, Elrog 300B is not recommended for my GG. It was around 3 days ago. :( I will opt for Takatsuki 274B and its wonderful 300B. Balance version, needs 4 those expensive 300B. :(

Oh you are balanced? You can't do px25 either, but can do KR 242 I think, you can source them directly from KR or Lukas

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing