LampizatOr Golden Atlantic + TRP

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014
The photos at the top of the page look similar to the first GA with the recessed tube sockets. Did the TRP have a small design change? My sockets are slightly above the copper case - and make the tube rolling experience much better than with the original GA. Tubes have a firmer base when inserting.

View attachment 70474 View attachment 70475

They should have all been like this from the start. It's just basic, obvious stuff.

Harsh I know. But true.

Reactions: leftside

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
Send him email - i know he did few to Al and few to other guys recently. Advise him to make proper length of anode wire...
I haven't seen anybody else doing those...
Lol yea I told him as I got one too short. He made me 8 pcs fast shipping

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
I had a very nice conversation today with @LampiNA and my GA will be going back to Poland for a USB board update. According to Fred, Lukasz said the new board is a big improvement over the current one. I am assuming the new board could / would be fitted in all models going forward but maybe that's not correct. The bonus is that there will no longer be any firmware issues no matter what operating system your music server uses.

Fred also recommended I try a GZ480 since I'm using the Teslas. Happy to say I was able to secure a low-hr one today that should be here early next week. Probably just in time for my GA to go back to Poland, lol.
Is this for all dacs. Gg and pac ?

Reactions: ihmeyers

leftside

Jan 22, 2018
How do the EL12spec, EL38 compare to EL51?
EL12spez are one of my favorite tubes in this DAC. Great depth. Telefunken more airy, other brands appear to have a hint of warmth. Same for EL11 and EL12. One of my EL51 are dead, but I should be getting another soon.

The EL38 is very nice and also look great. Very similar to EL37 and detailed, but perhaps not quite as smooth as EL37.

leftside

Jan 22, 2018
It is a good question. I am also curious which ones you liked the most.
No favorites yet. I did post a few notes about some of the tubes a couple of pages back. Right now, I seem to be leaning towards the more warmer tubes: 6F6G, EL11, EL35, EL37, earlier EL34. Philips EL12 powerful and forward. KT66 are a tube that just seem to do everything right. KT77 great layering and textures.

The DAC has such amazing clarity, detail, depth, soundstage, tight bass, decay, openness and transparency that I haven't found a tube I don't like. Your speakers, amp and preamp are going to have a much larger impact than any tube - but trying different tubes is still fun. :)

Reactions: christoph

ihmeyers

VIP/Donor
Nov 13, 2017
Palm Beach County, Florida

AMR / iFi audio

Industry Expert
Aug 21, 2019
UK
ifi-audio.com
No favorites yet. I did post a few notes about some of the tubes a couple of pages back. Right now, I seem to be leaning towards the more warmer tubes: 6F6G, EL11, EL35, EL37, earlier EL34. Philips EL12 powerful and forward. KT66 are a tube that just seem to do everything right. KT77 great layering and textures.

The DAC has such amazing clarity, detail, depth, soundstage, tight bass, decay, openness and transparency that I haven't found a tube I don't like. Your speakers, amp and preamp are going to have a much larger impact than any tube - but trying different tubes is still fun. :)
Did you try the KR T-100 or WE101D-L?

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Reactions: bonzo75

bonzo75

Member Sponsor
Feb 26, 2014
London

The 101d was what all the big 7 / GG owners used before. Then we moved on to other valves. In the Lampi it is very quick, leading edge, and transparent, but not so good in tone, and flatter. But I have heard it sound excellent in a DHT preamp

leftside

Jan 22, 2018

leftside

Jan 22, 2018
Do those two types also require an adapter?
Yes. EL38 adapter also works with GEC E3375 - looks like a GEC KT77 with top cap - but much cheaper than a KT77.

christoph

Dec 11, 2015

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing