LampizatOr Golden Atlantic + TRP

@fbs
What is E11P? My TRP3 has engine 11 and is about 3 months old now- I haven’t heard of anything new since that.

:rolleyes: anyone heard of the TRP 4, mentioned in the Q1 2024 SQ ranking in the price list? Is this a TRP with E11P?

You might try your national Lampi rep or Golum or write Lukasz directly.

I see it listed in the “sound quality” graph referred to (shown here)

IMG_0606.png

It must be a typo as it’s not listed as a product in any of the corresponding price lists. The only reference to “E11P” is made as an upgrade to the Pacific and Poseidon dacs which in itself is kind of amusing- didn’t the Poseidon just hit the street a month ago?

IMG_0605.png

Eleven P is the new engine from the Poseidon project.

Actually, Engine 11-P is a version of Engine 11 first specifically developed as a digital engine upgrade for the Pacific, not Poseidon. Engine 11-P came out before the release of the Poseidon. However, Poseidon does have Engine 11-P.

The upgrade cost for Engine 11-P is double that of the upgrade cost for Engine 11 and more elaborate/higher performing (4,000 euros vs 2,000 euros). I don't believe Engine 11-P is available for any Lampizator model below the Pacific (GG, B7, Atlantic, Baltic, Amber can't be upgraded to 11-P).

Last edited:
Pacific 2 and Poseidon come stock with 11-P.

Reactions: christoph

Just wanted to point out the curiosity of ranking all these DACs of varying flavors on a numeric ordinal scale.
Imagine if someone took beautiful models and ranked them like this.
The top model might not be for every guy's taste.

• Haha
Reactions: Blake and Designsfx
It would also be interesting to overlay all of the past graphs with the present to see if the lower priced models have actually gained performance equity through their periodic updates or if the graph is only a comparison in scale to the current most costly model.

You might try your national Lampi rep or Golum or write Lukasz directly.
I got the info from Poland, that TRP 4 is the actual TRP with E11. So TRP 3 is the predecessor with E53. At least I can confirm, that my actual TRP with E11 and JL USB is quite a bigger step up in SQ, compared to TRP 2 with E53 and Amanero USB.

Reactions: christoph and Blake
I got the info from Poland, that TRP 4 is the actual TRP with E11. So TRP 3 is the predecessor with E53. At least I can confirm, that my actual TRP with E11 and JL USB is quite a bigger step up in SQ, compared to TRP 2 with E53 and Amanero USB.

My TRP 3 upgrade from 2 was to get the E11. Same with GG 2 to 3. Perhaps TRP 4 is the P version?

Probably not, TRP 4 is with E11 and follows the naming conventions of the Baltic models, Baltic 4 has as well E11. But the website still shows TRP 3 with E11.

Probably not, TRP 4 is with E11 and follows the naming conventions of the Baltic models, Baltic 4 has as well E11. But the website still shows TRP 3 with E11.
Maybe a new naming for 2024? I received my new Atlantic TRP 3 with Golden upgrade just shy of 4 months ago and at the time there was no mention of an Atlantic 4 version. The standard configuration was E11 and JL USB as E53/Amanero were already things of the past at that point.

Reactions: fbs
My TRP 3 upgrade from 2 was to get the E11. Same with GG 2 to 3. Perhaps TRP 4 is the P version?
More sloppy naming conventions from Lampizator for the Atlantic? In my recollection, there was the Atlantic, then the TRP 2 was really the first TRP (which had engine 53), while TRP 3 is the latest (has engine 11). I remember having to sort out some of this confusion (because of conflicting names on the website) when I purchased my TRP (2) w/ engine 53 a few years ago.

Although that might be cool the upgrade sheet states “P” is only for the Pacific and Poseidon.

Although that might be cool the upgrade sheet states “P” is only for the Pacific and Poseidon.

Circling back, the comparison graph shows both an Atlantic 3 and a 4. In the context of the new models, I suspect that's an E11-P. Since today was just the Poseidon's availability date, it's plausible that the 4 is coming but not yet otherwise reflected on the site.

So you’re thinking another new upgrade for Atlantic as well? That would be a short timeline for Engine 11 in the Atlantic. I’ll have to ask Fred if there’s such a thing as E11-P

Reactions: fbs
Actually, Engine 11-P is a version of Engine 11 first specifically developed as a digital engine upgrade for the Pacific, not Poseidon. Engine 11-P came out before the release of the Poseidon. However, Poseidon does have Engine 11-P.

The upgrade cost for Engine 11-P is double that of the upgrade cost for Engine 11 and more elaborate/higher performing (4,000 euros vs 2,000 euros). I don't believe Engine 11-P is available for any Lampizator model below the Pacific (GG, B7, Atlantic, Baltic, Amber can't be upgraded to 11-P).

I need to correct the bolded text in my previous post:

I just looked more closely at my spec sheet for my GG3, and it has Engine 11-P installed (not Engine 11). So, this digital engine version is an option for GG.

Moral of the story- When in doubt, refer to your DAC's birth certificate, not the website info. ;)

Reactions: Golum
I need to correct the bolded text in my previous post:

I just looked more closely at my spec sheet for my GG3, and it has Engine 11-P installed (not Engine 11). So, this digital engine version is an option for GG.

Moral of the story- When in doubt, refer to your DAC's birth certificate, not the website info. ;)

The sound graph has now been changed too. A few days ago it showed the GG3 and Pacific 1 equal. Now it shows the GG3 halfway between the Pacific 1 and 2. Your GG3 must be recent.

Hi all

Désolé, je ne parle pas anglais, je dois donc passer par un traducteur... Par avance, je m'excuse pour les erreurs et autres.

Having a first generation 4 and level 4 converter, in view of my retirement at the end of 2024, I plan to acquire a Gold Gate 3.

Dans cette optique, j'ai lu avec beaucoup d'attention les différents commentaires liés au choix des tubes pour convertisseurs Lampizator et j'ai été surpris que le tube redresseur Sylvania 5931 n'ait pas été essayé ni mentionné...

Perhaps more hazardously, I read that an enthusiast had confirmation that he could use a KR 300B XLS tube instead of a 300B. In this hypothesis, wouldn't it be possible to install KR 842 VHD tubes, which on my Cary Audio CAD 301 amplifier are excellent?

Kind regards

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing