Lampizator Horizon360 - Broadening Our Musical Horizons

By reading the posts on What’s Best, at this point, I have no idea anymore what’s being sold and why. There are all these acronyms and fancy tags like “360” flying around, but at this point, everything seems to be fusing into this one giant murky stream of marketing goo.
There is no marketing goo, and the forum is a wild space for open discussion and not a place where you expect me to give a solid concrete data and reasoning . The website is for that as well as my Facebook. Ask and thou shall receive.
What is being sold? Horizon DAC is being sold.
Why 360 name? Because I thought Horizon 2 is boring and because horizon by geographical definition is 360.
Why is it being sold? Because we make it and people want it. The usual reason things are sold.
Is it a "giant murky stream..." ? I really dont know, I guess 15 guys from around the world talking about the new variant of a DAC are a "giant stream" thats for you to decide.
Have a great week.

If a market of perhaps 10 cables a year, shared between KBL, Lampizator and Masterbuilt will be attractive for the latter, they probably will jump on it.

Ok so there is a market opportunity. (Reminds me of Jim Carrey in dumb and dumber when he is told there is a one in a million chance, he is optimistic because there is a chance. )

There is no marketing goo, and the forum is a wild space for open discussion and not a place where you expect me to give a solid concrete data and reasoning . The website is for that as well as my Facebook. Ask and thou shall receive.
What is being sold? Horizon DAC is being sold.
Why 360 name? Because I thought Horizon 2 is boring and because horizon by geographical definition is 360.
Why is it being sold? Because we make it and people want it. The usual reason things are sold.
Is it a "giant murky stream..." ? I really dont know, I guess 15 guys from around the world talking about the new variant of a DAC are a "giant stream" thats for you to decide.
Have a great week.
Do inform us please or point us in the direction of a more substantial write up outlining the technical advancements and the design improvements behind Horizon 360 when you have it. Personally, I like learning and reading and trying to make informed decisions on hi fi purchases, as idealistic as that may sound.

Specifically, and for the purpose of this discussion I am not very interested in the Taiko products and would love to know independently of that product why I should consider Horizon 360 over my Horizon.

Do inform us please or point us in the direction of a more substantial write up outlining the technical advancements and the design improvements behind Horizon 360 when you have it. Personally, I like learning and reading and trying to make informed decisions on hi fi purchases, as idealistic as that may sound.

Specifically, and for the purpose of this discussion I am not very interested in the Taiko products and would love to know independently of that product why I should consider Horizon 360 over my Horizon.
I made it as specific as I possibly can: the new horizon has new trio of chips, new firmware, new ground scheme, new power supplies, new transformers, new PCB layout with multilayer construction (yes for 15 years from day 1 we made our own boards - self designed and self made) and new voltage regulation and filtration, faster DSD, faster maximum PCM, 2 years of everyday listening, parts selection, fine tuning - all resulting in an audibly better sound. To proove my point there is the review from Marty - if this isnt sufficient then a visit to one of our many shows and a session in our room or a session at home agreed with our dealer will do the trick. If you are still sceptical I suggest to wait untill dust settles.

that might be proprietary i suspect but i think the reason for the upgrade is probably the same reason why we went from a pacific to a horizon when Luksz said it was better ? so far what has been said over the last few years haven't been far from the truth and i think there is trust in a way:) There isnt really another tube dac out there with the capabilities of what a horizon is with the rolling opportunities . :). And wit hthe 360 i think thats going to stick for a while - there isnt a new release of the dac chipset here i imagine from what is being used now. dac chips have long refresh cycles

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu