Lampizator Valve / Tube Rolling Review Thread

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014
Well I have no issues at the end of the day and the backing of someone with decades of electronics experience.

Was just trying to help with Pac owners having problems.

Get a pair of AD1n Al and work out what is happening if you're interested. I think you'll come to the same conclusion TBH.

dminches

Oct 22, 2011
Dminches

What USB and IC are you using above and below your Lampi? Also, what power cord? I heard Lampis are sensitive to these.

thanks

I am using a Sablon Audio USB. I have a Grover Huffman interconnect but I am going to try an Audioquest next. My current power cord is a Sablon Audio grand corona.

Reactions: adamaley

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014
OK I took a few more voltage readings:

Switch position 3

Tesla RD27AS 2.9V, 3V, 1.0 and1.1 Ohm filament target 4V
Osram PX25 3.28V, 3.29V, 1.2 and 1.5 Ohm filament target 4V

Switch position 2

EML GM 45 2.29V, 2.27V, 0.5 and 0.6 Ohm filament target 2.5V

BUT my DAC has a filament trim pot which you can use to optimise for a particular valve.

http://www.lyrima.co.uk/dhtreg/dhtRegIntro.html

and details here:

http://lyrima.co.uk/pdf/Assembly-V7-2-RX.pdf

So whilst you can swap valves around with an approximate voltage setting, you can OPTIMISE to a precise voltage for your favourite valve. Or at least a voltage that makes the friggin' thing work properly, LOL.

I will adjust it for RD27AS soon and see if I get a better result as I am curious why people seem to like it more than I do. I am a full volt too low on it.

If ever there was a case of RTFM...;)

For strangers these switch positions do NOT equate to a Lampizator and nor does the trim pot (AFAIK but it might - does anyone know?).

Last edited:

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
OK I took a few more voltage readings:

Switch position 3

Tesla RD27AS 2.9V, 3V, 1.0 and1.1 Ohm filament target 4V
Osram PX25 3.28V, 3.29V, 1.2 and 1.5 Ohm filament target 4V

Switch position 2

EML GM 45 2.29V, 2.27V, 0.5 and 0.6 Ohm filament target 2.5V

BUT my DAC has a filament trim pot which you can use to optimise for a particular valve.

http://www.lyrima.co.uk/dhtreg/dhtRegIntro.html

and details here:

http://lyrima.co.uk/pdf/Assembly-V7-2-RX.pdf

So whilst you can swap valves around with an approximate voltage setting, you can OPTIMISE to a precise voltage for your favourite valve. Or at least a voltage that makes the friggin' thing work properly, LOL.

I will adjust it for RD27AS soon and see if I get a better result as I am curious why people seem to like it more than I do. I am a full volt too low on it.

If ever there was a case of RTFM...;)

For strangers these switch positions do NOT equate to a Lampizator and nor does the trim pot (AFAIK but it might - does anyone know?).
Goid post

Reactions: Zero000

chungjh

Oct 2, 2019
I am using a Sablon Audio USB. I have a Grover Huffman interconnect but I am going to try an Audioquest next. My current power cord is a Sablon Audio grand corona.[/QUOTE

@dminches
Have you ever tried Sablon IC below your Lampi? Which Audioquest are you going to try?

thanks

adamaley

Apr 15, 2016
Minnetonka, MN
I'd like to thank @dminches who was kind enough to risk sending me his spare pair of 275As through the current turbulent mail system.

Lampi users indeed are a special breed.

My system is currently disconnected so I won't be able to try these out till later tonight.

IMG_20200829_082208.jpg

IMG_20200829_082543.jpg

Can our resident experts kindly let me know which heater setting these beauties should be run with?

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
I'd like to thank @dminches who was kind enough to risk sending me his spare pair of 275As through the current turbulent mail system.

Lampi users indeed are a special breed.

My system is currently disconnected so I won't be able to try these out till later tonight.

View attachment 68783

View attachment 68784

Can our resident experts kindly let me know which heater setting these beauties should be run with?
300 b it’s a 5 volt heater.

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
Adam looking fw to hear about this one...

chungjh

Oct 2, 2019
I have been enjoying my Lumin U1 mini>B7 DAC (Tidal/Qobuz), but now I want to upgrade in SQ with DSD files. I don't have any DSD files of my own, so I will have to download them from places such as Native DSD. Lumin server L1 is synergistic and plug and play with U1 mini, but it is $1700 for 5 TB of storage. I realize that the L1 is convenient to use with the Lumin app, but it is basically a HDD. Can anyone recommend a server to store my DSD files that is very user friendly with my system, top SQ and modestly priced? Both B7 and U1 mini support up to native 256DSD.

Zero000

Jul 28, 2014
Adam looking fw to hear about this one...

Indeed. And whenever someone gets a pair of new production WE 300B I am all ears.

What I'd be really interested in is an EAT 300B versus WE 300B comparison.

Why? Because I just bet the EAT is better. But until confirmed... the jury is out.

Alrainbow

Dec 11, 2013
Indeed. And whenever someone gets a pair of new production WE 300B I am all ears.

What I'd be really interested in is an EAT 300B versus WE 300B comparison.

Why? Because I just bet the EAT is better. But until confirmed... the jury is out.
Since when is there any new production we300b. I’m confused what’s being compared. I owned a pair of new nos we 300b. And a few replicas. all the replicas sound a bit like them. same for 274b recti
To say new is better is only how one may feel in there given system. non of the replicas sound exact
In fact some I like more for my own reasons.

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH

Golum

Jun 7, 2018
Lausanne, CH
No worries, won’t be ordering this - been through this story with Norm many times as well as with Yoda;).
But Frogs wisdom always comes handy...:p

Reactions: Alrainbow

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing