Lampizator Valve / Tube Rolling Review Thread

Reactions: gian60 and Golum
Which tube to try first: KR PX25 or KR PX4? And then, there is RK KR PX4, but I am hesitant to buy another expensive RK tube after what happened to my RK 300b.
It looks like PX25 is a more promising option.
No rollers report on RK px4 yet, so unless the Polish reviewer covered it, its an unknown and costs €999/pr.
Kr PX25 just got a great thumbs up on our recent rolling session and is €618/pr. Both prices from www.best300b.com

Mind you, the RK Px4 could be "da bomb", but we have no idea yet, do we?

Which tube to try first: KR PX25 or KR PX4? And then, there is RK KR PX4, but I am hesitant to buy another expensive RK tube after what happened to my RK 300b.
It looks like PX25 is a more promising option.

Depending on the DAC, I would go either 242 for GG1, 242 and/or PX25 in GG2 and finally the PX25 in the Pacific ;)

Depending on the DAC, I would go either 242 for GG1, 242 and/or PX25 in GG2 and finally the PX25 in the Pacific ;)
Where have i read this before ;)

Do you know how microphonic these PX25 are? I mean when you slightly tap on it with a nail while playing music, can you hear it ringing?
My PX4's did this a lot. So i am a bit worried to buy them, or put the DAC in a different room...

At least with GG1 to 2, to 242 or not depends on various factors including the dac itself and the pre and the power and the speaker, rather than the dac alone. If it does not work, the Lampi 45 or the PX25 can sound good, or both. However, the PX25 has consistently sounded better than the PX4 and the RKs

Got it, thanks. PX25 is the way to go:cool:.

Elrogs are not bad:cool:!
E3FCEA10-5A3A-49D5-8F01-0BC7AF95F786.jpeg

Reactions: christoph and Golum
Elrogs are not bad:cool:!
A. old or new production? I loved mine until one dropped dead (old production before Thomas took over)...so if anyone has one pcs alive let me know...

A. old or new production? I loved mine until one dropped dead (old production before Thomas took over)...so if anyone has one pcs alive let me know...
Must be the new production. The tubes are brand new. They were not so good on the first day, much better today, after 2 days. Sound wise, I think, they are quite close to RK 300b. You have not tried them with your GG2.5. At least, you did not mention them in your report. Was it for the lack of time?

Actually I’ve been using them actively in my gg2.5. They sounded like crap in my old gg1 while splendid in gg2.5 which wisnon witnesed at my place , and now I can’t remember, even tried at his place with my DAC. They’ve been taken to Chrisoph place but mentioned one died there. Guess it did not like the air quality :D. Anyhow with my dac it was fantastic combo...

Must be the new production. The tubes are brand new. They were not so good on the first day, much better today, after 2 days. Sound wise, I think, they are quite close to RK 300b. You have not tried them with your GG2.5. At least, you did not mention them in your report. Was it for the lack of time?

I had the old ones in my GG1 which sounded ok. But was very impressed with the new ones while comparing to RK, Tak, in Alieno OTL. Though the other two are good as well, different presentations. Audioquattir also mentioned this changes with driver valves

Reactions: gian60 and Golum

They must be new old stock.

They should look like this for the new ones, but the ones in your pic don't.

The text on the new tubes refers to "Deutsche Elektronenröhren Manufaktur GmbH".

P6.jpg

Reactions: christoph
Ok, thanks, this is good to know. I should be more careful then, will not put them in the amplifier.

We handled them more cautious than raw eggs :eek:

Reactions: Golum
Hi all.
I've just bought my self a western electric 422A,any thoughts regarding this recti?
Kindly/Ingemar

Is this off eBay or from a known vintage tube seller? These can be hit and miss. I haven't tried but that's the way with NOS. Allnic phono owners like them

Reactions: gian60
Is this off eBay or from a known vintage tube seller? These can be hit and miss. I haven't tried but that's the way with NOS. Allnic phono owners like them
Yes it's from the bay,a Gentleman in Louisiana is selling,it's supposed to be a nos tube,just have to wait and see :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing