List of Turntable Manufacturers

Johnny Vinyl

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
NOTE: If any of you find a dead link, please let me know. It would really help to keep this list as accurate and up to date as possible. Thanks!:)

Brian K

Feb 23, 2015
Just to let you know the Vestax link is dead. According to the Wikipedia entry on the company they have ceased trading.

Hope the move's gone ok.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Just to let you know the Vestax link is dead. According to the Wikipedia entry on the company they have ceased trading.

Hope the move's gone ok.

I will remove the Vestax entry. Thanks you! And the move is going well. Hope to set up my system this weekend!

Brian K

Feb 23, 2015
A couple more manufacturers for you:

Flexson - http://www.flexson.com/stores/single_product_view.do?pubID=8595&itemID=903497

Voxoa - http://www.voxoa-pro.com/products.php?lang=en&kind=10&pid=25

The latter is yet another brand sourcing their deck from Hanpin Electron. Gemini also source their decks from them as do, almost certainly, Marantz, Denon and Sony so not only do they have the DJ market sewn up, they also supply mass-market product for the major brands, though not the high-end stuff.

Hope the music den is taking shape.
B.

Ich

Mar 16, 2015
Koblenz, Germany
Hello John,
a very important manufacturer from Germany is stst. Small but extremely good! Builts direct driven turntables and an fantastic tonearm which can compete
with the best turntables. stst stands for Stefan Strohmetz, they exist over 20 years. They have a website and actually produce stuff.
www.stst-hifi.de

Regards,
Horst

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
A couple more manufacturers for you:

Flexson - http://www.flexson.com/stores/single_product_view.do?pubID=8595&itemID=903497

Voxoa - http://www.voxoa-pro.com/products.php?lang=en&kind=10&pid=25

The latter is yet another brand sourcing their deck from Hanpin Electron. Gemini also source their decks from them as do, almost certainly, Marantz, Denon and Sony so not only do they have the DJ market sewn up, they also supply mass-market product for the major brands, though not the high-end stuff.

Hope the music den is taking shape.
B.
Added both and thanks Brian.
I'm doing setup today after several months of being without.

Hello John,
a very important manufacturer from Germany is stst. Small but extremely good! Builts direct driven turntables and an fantastic tonearm which can compete
with the best turntables. stst stands for Stefan Strohmetz, they exist over 20 years. They have a website and actually produce stuff.
www.stst-hifi.de

Regards,
Horst

Added and thanks Horst!

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
I think we are missing a fairly obvious one....http://www.dualusa.com

Making a comeback nowadays.

They are listed Davey, but the link was different. At the time there was no direct Dual link so the best alternative was a German distributor. I have now updated that link! Thanks!:)

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB

JackD201

WBF Founding Member
Apr 20, 2010
Manila, Philippines
Thanks Johnny. I never knew that Kondo and SME had an arm deal. Most interesting!

Big Dog RJ

Feb 2, 2012
Melbourne
Hey Johnny mate,
How's it going? Trust your paris is spinning away some sweet tunes.
Just looking at your list, perhaps I missed it, didn't come across the British icon - Michell Engineering. The gyrodec is going to be my next one, have been eyeing it for a very long time since the 90's. One awesome tt ever made with a very rich history spanning 40 years and still going strong.
Cheers mate, & keep those lp's spinning.
RJ

Big Dog RJ

Feb 2, 2012
Melbourne
Sorry Johnny, I found it listed under the founder JA Michell. See, I'm getting old mate, this calls for another scotch!
I knew you wouldn't miss that one.
Cheers, RJ

spiritofmusic

Jun 13, 2013
E. England
BDRJ, go for it. I ran an Orbe from 1999-2012, and it punches well above it's price pt. Only moved it out when I found my current tt that takes things to a whole new level.
To get the best out of the Gyrodeck, consider at some stage retrofitting w/an Origin Live motor psu.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Hey RJ - The Oracle is back in business with a Dynavector DV-20x2L. Big, big change from the Grado Ref Sonata and still getting used to it. Love the idea of a Michell Gyrodec for your next table. I looked at it, but I've always wanted an Oracle.

Big Dog RJ

Feb 2, 2012
Melbourne
Thanks for that tip Spirit, will certainly keep a look out for that psu. The main reason I decided on the gyrodec is the after sales service. The chaps who carry that brand are the same chaps from where I purchased the rega from. Absolute delight to work with and they know their stuff. They won't try to force you in to anything, the decision has always been proven by careful listening, and they sell a lot of tt's. Wish there were more like them out there.
Cheers, RJ

Big Dog RJ

Feb 2, 2012
Melbourne
Hey Johnny, I'm not sure who does Oracle in Australia. Would need to check for melbourne, I haven't come across it at all here as yet. Need to search that one.
Thanks mate, and glad to hear that your tt is doing wonders. Enjoy.!
Cheers, RJ

slowGEEZR

Member Sponsor
Sep 20, 2010
Colorado Springs, CO
Johnny, you can take TTW off the turntable manufacturers list. They will only supply service parts from now on, actually the official date is the 18th of Dec. I had suspected they were closing down for a while now, as they quit advertising new tables a while ago.

Johnny Vinyl

May 16, 2010
Calgary, AB
Johnny, you can take TTW off the turntable manufacturers list. They will only supply service parts from now on, actually the official date is the 18th of Dec. I had suspected they were closing down for a while now, as they quit advertising new tables a while ago.
That's a disappointment I'm sure for many of their customers.
Link removed and thanks for the heads up Steve!

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing