Looking for RCA interconnect recommendations for Audio Note Shinri 300b

stretchneck

Apr 24, 2020
I'm lucky enough to own a pair of Audio Note Shinri 8w 300b monoblocks... there seems to be very little around in terms of high end RCA interconnect reviews/comparisons. Has anyone got any thoughts?

I was wondering if some Mundorf silver/gold wire with Audio Note RCAs might be a good alternative to Audio Note.

Ideally I'm looking for as low resistance as possible.

Chop

Aug 9, 2020
England
Where are you based Mr Stretchneck?

Chop

Aug 9, 2020
England
Down the road from me then. Do you know of the Cut Loose interconnects?

Chop

Aug 9, 2020
England
Pm me, it would be interesting to talk

GHasley

Jul 22, 2022
Between a DCS dac and my Audio Note Jinro I have tried Audio Note ISIS (w/P connectors), Auditorium 23, Shindo (silver), Audience AU24 and Audioquest Thunderbird. I still own all of the aforementioned interconnects and I prefer (in order of preference) the Thunderbirds, Shindo, ISIS, A23 and then the AU24. YMMV.

Reactions: stretchneck

stretchneck

Apr 24, 2020
Thank you - I think I’m nearly there with the shortlist, Tellurium Q Silver also one being recommended.

Salectric

Jan 15, 2012
@stretchneck You don’t indicate how long a cable you need. That’s important because a shorter cable requirement allows you to get a better sounding cable at a not so prohibitive price. In my opinion, to get the most from your Audio Note amp you need Audio Note cables, preferably one of the upper level silvers—either AN-Vx or Sogon. I have several AN interconnects —two copper Litz (Lexus and Isis) and two silver litz (Vx and Sogon). If you can get by with a 1m cable, I would get a Vx or Sogon for sure. But if you need a long cable, the silver becomes quite costly. In my case, I use 1m Sogon for all source components to my linestage, but I have an 4m Isis for the run to my power amps.

Of course, speaker cables are also an important part of the cable equation. If you don’t need long cables, I highly recommend SPx. Sogon is no doubt even better but I haven’t tried it; Sogon speaker cable is quite expensive. The copper speaker cables Lexus and Isis are also good. I have both of those but always return rather quickly to SPx.

If you can’t afford AN silver litz for both interconnects and speaker cable, I would go with silver interconnects and copper speaker cables. There are fewer compromises with the copper speaker cables than with the copper interconnects.

stretchneck

Apr 24, 2020
@Salectric thanks. I’m going to stick with the classic configuration of short interconnects (1.5 to 2m) and longer speaker cables (4-5m).

I have a PSAudio Directstream which I like a lot, apparently it sounds better via XLR outputs. I do have an autoformer preamp, but I’m now wondering if I try DAC direct using a pseudo balanced XLR to RCA cable… not fully balanced, but would help reject some noise I guess.

stretchneck

Apr 24, 2020
@stretchneck You don’t indicate how long a cable you need. That’s important because a shorter cable requirement allows you to get a better sounding cable at a not so prohibitive price. In my opinion, to get the most from your Audio Note amp you need Audio Note cables, preferably one of the upper level silvers—either AN-Vx or Sogon. I have several AN interconnects —two copper Litz (Lexus and Isis) and two silver litz (Vx and Sogon). If you can get by with a 1m cable, I would get a Vx or Sogon for sure. But if you need a long cable, the silver becomes quite costly. In my case, I use 1m Sogon for all source components to my linestage, but I have an 4m Isis for the run to my power amps.

Of course, speaker cables are also an important part of the cable equation. If you don’t need long cables, I highly recommend SPx. Sogon is no doubt even better but I haven’t tried it; Sogon speaker cable is quite expensive. The copper speaker cables Lexus and Isis are also good. I have both of those but always return rather quickly to SPx.

If you can’t afford AN silver litz for both interconnects and speaker cable, I would go with silver interconnects and copper speaker cables. There are fewer compromises with the copper speaker cables than with the copper interconnects.
p.s. what impact did the move from copper to silver interconnects have for you i on n your source components?

Salectric

Jan 15, 2012
p.s. what impact did the move from copper to silver interconnects have for you i on n your source components?
The silver AN interconnects I have (Vx and Sogon) are much faster and more detailed than the coppers (Lexus and Isis). I generally like a warm tonal balance but the Lexus and Isis interconnects are too warm at least in my system. They sound fine by themselves but when you put a Sogon in there’s no going back. I have heard the Vx sounding great in other systems but in mine it’s a little lean and bright. The Sogon is more neutral in tonal balance and it sounds bigger and more detailed as well.

Reactions: stretchneck

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing