M12 Gold Switch

nuway

Jun 26, 2019
Just a quick update. I got the M12 delivered from Japan a couple of days ago, quick testing with stock cables: matches the results of others. In my system it is not better than the SOTM > Melco S100 with Sablon cables. I am planning a longer listening session this weekend and report back.

Marcin_gps

VIP Donor/Industry Expert
Jun 24, 2015
jcat.eu
Gentleman, there is something to be said here. Firstly, Marcin I do agree with your assertion that you have the exclusive rights to sell Telegartner Japan in Europe. I do know how much effort and leg work is required to become an exclusive distributor. Having said that, I would like to make a point here. The issue that I am having wrapping my head around is the fact that you cannot just buy the switch by itself. The cables are bunched together in the package and the price stays the same even if you do not want them. What I would definitely appreciate, and I imagine some of the other customers as well, is to be able to buy this which without the cables for a lesser amount. That way, if a customer wants a high end capable like the M12x, he should have the option to do so. I just found out about a dealer in Hong Kong who sells the switch for a lesser price and sells the M12 X cable separately. I wish I had known that earlier. Please try to make it easy for your customers. We have spoken over the phone on a number of occasions and it has been a pleasure dealing with you. I just gave you my 2 cents worth and it is up to you to give it a careful thought. I think that way you will not feel that others are hijacking your sale; because you are opening doors for others to offer better deals

thank you @Musiclvr

I wish to be able to sell the m12 switch main unit separately. It is not my idée fixe to force the sales of the m12 switch with the cables. Japan Telegaertner Limited has this policy and my price for the set with cables is the same as the main unit alone.

I am in touch with Mr. Iwamoto now, the CEO of Japan Telegaertner Limited, and have brought this matter to his attention again.

I will keep you posted.

Best regards,
Marcin Ostapowicz
JPLAY & JCAT Founder

Reactions: DaveCWC

Musiclvr

May 20, 2020
https://www.howenint.com/products/fiber-box-ii
To all fellow enthusiasts over here, I have posted a link for a product which the retailer talks very enthusiastically about. There’s an RJ-45 port for the cable to go in and the signal is converted into fiber optic and comes out at the other end through another RJ-45 port. I was just wondering, would this be as good or a better option than having to switches hooked up to each other? I enthusiastically do with all members’ views

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
5,500 Hong Kong dollars is about 710 US dollars.

Musiclvr

May 20, 2020
Amazing . Wonder what will jcat psu do the the syst
Hello, hope all is well with you. Dave from Hong Kong told you that you got 2 Fiber box extremes from him and testing them out. Would love to hear feedback from you about this device. Thank you

onsionsi

Nov 27, 2019
Is there any settings for M12 before playing?

Because I'm connecting M12 Gold Switch after Edge Router X SFP switch, I can access to my Euphony in iPad but I can't see my DAC despite I restarted all the chain again from tX-USBULTRA up to my DAC.

Also I restarted Euphony multiple times but without success.

Any thoughts and advice.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Is there any settings for M12 before playing?

Because I'm connecting M12 Gold Switch after Edge Router X SFP switch, I can access to my Euphony in iPad but I can't see my DAC despite I restarted all the chain again from tX-USBULTRA up to my DAC.

Any advice.

There are NO settings for the M12. I don't think it is the culprit. Something else ie, the Edge?

onsionsi

Nov 27, 2019
Thanks Bob, it seems it isn't related to M12 because I took it out from my chain and again my DAC isn't recognized, I will try to figure out what is the problem.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
It drives me crazy when I disconnect and then can't get it working again.

It's something just have to figure out what.

onsionsi

Nov 27, 2019
It drives me crazy when I disconnect and then can't get it working again.

It's something just have to figure out what.

Thanks Bob for your help, I figured out what is the problem, the USB wasn't connected probably to my Server.

Reactions: ctydwn

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Like I said it drives me crazy it's always something like that.

audioblazer

Member Sponsor
May 13, 2010
Malaysia
Hello, hope all is well with you. Dave from Hong Kong told you that you got 2 Fiber box extremes from him and testing them out. Would love to hear feedback from you about this device. Thank you

Fiber box II Extreme version-11 audio note caps, bybee filter , pure silver internal lan cable with Telegartner RJ45 connectors .
Definitely quieter & airier. Be careful with the direction of Synergistic research orange fuse ( additonal cost). The fiber optic probably clean up the noise

Attachments

• EEAD011D-E6EB-4E99-9DB6-31C471379F7C.jpeg
    EEAD011D-E6EB-4E99-9DB6-31C471379F7C.jpeg
    479.7 KB · Views: 94
  • 17A875ED-3DC5-44C4-AC01-585A866D6CE2.jpeg
    17A875ED-3DC5-44C4-AC01-585A866D6CE2.jpeg
    506.9 KB · Views: 87
Reactions: Marcin_gps

BigAlMc

Jun 20, 2020
Fiber box II Extreme version-11 audio note caps, bybee filter , pure silver internal lan cable with Telegartner RJ45 connectors

Hope you don't mind if I ask. Googled this but site was in Chinese and for some reason chrome didn't offer to translate. Looks like a high-end version of Sonore Optical Module but LAN in and out rather than LAN in SFP out.

Is that right?

Does it need a high performance LPSU as well?

Looks like an intriguing device.

Cheers,
Alan

Musiclvr

May 20, 2020
I think you may have gone to the manufacturer’s website which is in Chinese. This is a supplier and a retailer and I can paste the link for you again. It definitely won’t need a linear power supply because it has a regular IEC AC inlet for use with a regular power cord. Very sophisticated but I like simplicity of construction: LAN in and LAN out.
https://www.howenint.com/products/fiber-box-ii

Reactions: BigAlMc

auricgoldfinger

Dec 8, 2019
Fiber box II Extreme version-11 audio note caps, bybee filter , pure silver internal lan cable with Telegartner RJ45 connectors .
Definitely quieter & airier. Be careful with the direction of Synergistic research orange fuse ( additonal cost). The fiber optic probably clean up the noise

Where did you place the Fiber Box II Extreme in your system? Before or after the switch? Did you try it in more than one location?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing