M12 Gold Switch

zebo67

VIP/Donor
Apr 27, 2017
systems.audiogon.com
Marcin from JCAT had this ground conditioner cable made to order for me. Heard a huge improvement from the first notes! Didn’t expect this but wow, definitely a recommended upgrade!
View attachment 82969

View attachment 82970
I would definitely second the Plixir Elite BDC LPS on the M12. Also, use another Plixir Elite BDC LPS on my ISP modem.
As far as isolation, have had positive effects from 'gathering' my networking/grounding/switch gear on an HRS M3X2 isolation base...

View attachment 88590
View attachment 88591
I see you’re using couple of grounding blocks, have you tried grounding the M12 to CAD or QKORE?

Drikus

Member Sponsor
Sep 28, 2012
Brussels
Ordered a fo.Q IP-22 Isolation Platform. Looks perfect for the M12 Switch Gold with a size of 144(W)× 300(D)× 50(H)mm.

View attachment 89076
The fo.Q IP-22 isolation platform and another Acoustic Revive RST-38H quartz under board arrived today but sadly yesterday when I rearranged my set-up to make it ready for both platforms, the ring of the JCAT grounding cable that I’m using on the M12 Switch Gold broke of. Contacted Marcin about this but haven’t heard back from him yet so I’m using a KOJO Crystal E Virtual Earth Box at the moment, not quite on the same level as the JCAT cable but it will have to do in the meantime. So at the moment it’s a slightly different set-up than I had imagined.

*Edit: Marcin will fix the cable free of charge, top service as always! And removed the KOJO box because it made no real audible difference compared to the JCAT cable.

1a1.jpg

Last edited:

Drikus

Member Sponsor
Sep 28, 2012
Brussels
Marcin modified the JCAT grounding cable so I can use a fo.Q Modrate virtual ground box on the M12 Switch Gold.

1agc_modrate.jpg

ayc868

Nov 8, 2022
Silicon Valley
Let's continue with tweaks.

How about if an audiophile has got an audiophile switch already?
Should he sell it away and get a M12 Gold as replacement?

No of course!
As good as the M12 Gold, audiophiles will be awed by employing it in a dual-switch configuration!
I tested the tweak yesterday :

View attachment 64122

The above photo was taken before give it the Daiza panzerholz board.
The pairing switch was only a humble Clones Audio audiophile switch costing usd700.
The connecting ethernet cable was again a humble Telegartner Gold MFP8 Mk2.

I have mentioned on diff threads in the past that doing a dual-switch config is much much more cost-effective than adding a top 10M clock to a single switch such as SOtM.
And this is a perfect example.
The leap in sonic performance make it a must-do as well.
;)

Some WBF brothers must be very itchy now and want to test the dual-switch tweak with various brands/models.
Please go ahead and share your experience here.
:D
If I understand, you mean, M12 Gold alone is not good enough so that we need do dual-switch config??

Last edited:

DaveCWC

Sep 15, 2017
Hong Kong
www.howenint.com
M12 Gold alone is not good enough so that we need do dual-switch config
You mean like this? Both M12 powered by a JCAT Optimo 3 Duo plus a whole bunch of JCAT M12X RJ45-M12 Signature LAN cables?

Attachments

• m122.jpg
    m122.jpg
    77.2 KB · Views: 20

PR13

Dec 15, 2019
UK
I mean one M12 Gold still has noise on the LAN. we need filter twice or more
Something wrong with your setup I think! I have just the one M12, definitely no need for a second if it even makes a difference anyway.

Your money, waste as you see fit

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Something wrong with your setup I think! I have just the one M12, definitely no need for a second if it even makes a difference anyway.

Your money, waste as you see fit
How do you know? Have you tried the second M12 switch and two of the Optima LPS's?

PR13

Dec 15, 2019
UK
How do you know? Have you tried the second M12 switch and two of the Optima LPS's?
I don't need to. Listen to yourself, how absurd you sound. You are chasing something that doesn't exist.

Why not four switches, four optima power supplies, heck, make it six! As I said, your money, waste it as you see fit.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
I don't need to. Listen to yourself, how absurd you sound. You are chasing something that doesn't exist.

Why not four switches, four optima power supplies, heck, make it six! As I said, your money, waste it as you see fit.
Thank you, my friend, you answered my question. You have not listened to a second M 12 switch but you know that it would not make any difference.

I appreciate you taking the time to answer the question.

PR13

Dec 15, 2019
UK
Thank you, my friend, you answered my question. You have not listened to a second M 12 switch but you know that it would not make any difference.

I appreciate you taking the time to answer the question
One M12 surely would make the most significant difference, if I cannot hear a positive with one, why would I try a second?

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
One M12 surely would make the most significant difference, if I cannot hear a positive with one, why would I try a second?
I did not know that you had tried one of the M12's with the Optima ps. I missed that. Sorry.

My experience with networks due to the fact that everyone's backbone/service provider and cable lengths/type (fiber/copper) are different, varying results may occur with different routers, switches, LPS's etc in a given system. That is just my experience though with maybe installing 50+ Taiko Extreme servers and about the same amount of Aurenders servers. Maybe only 25 Roon nucleus or SGC servers as the customers already owned them.

Networks for me are a "tricky game". Of course ymmv.

Edit- I see from your post above that you do have one M12 switch. I was confused when you said that you cannot hear a positive with one, then why would you try a second.

Do you have the Optima LPS? I found that in my systems I heard MUCH more of a difference when I added the OP LPS than when I added the M12.

Also besides the network infrastructure someone's room, speakers and entire system (and their ears) will most likely have an influence on upticks in SQ vs maybe another person's overall equation.

Last edited:

ayc868

Nov 8, 2022
Silicon Valley

I assume one M12 should solve the network noise. if one M12 not capable of solving noise , why second M12 will. there is only one correct answer. What is the correct answer?

Last edited:

ayc868

Nov 8, 2022
Silicon Valley
I did not know that you had tried one of the M12's with the Optima ps. I missed that. Sorry.

My experience with networks due to the fact that everyone's backbone/service provider and cable lengths/type (fiber/copper) are different, varying results may occur with different routers, switches, LPS's etc in a given system. That is just my experience though with maybe installing 50+ Taiko Extreme servers and about the same amount of Aurenders servers. Maybe only 25 Roon nucleus or SGC servers as the customers already owned them.

Networks for me are a "tricky game". Of course ymmv.

Edit- I see from your post above that you do have one M12 switch. I was confused when you said that you cannot hear a positive with one, then why would you try a second.

Do you have the Optima LPS? I found that in my systems I heard MUCH more of a difference when I added the OP LPS than when I added the M12.

Also besides the network infrastructure someone's room, speakers and entire system (and their ears) will most likely have an influence on upticks in SQ vs maybe another person's overall equation.
if you can write article precisely. " when I added the OP LPS than when I added the M12." you add OP LPS to where? than M12 with stock PS?

ayc868

Nov 8, 2022
Silicon Valley

Dealer here may conflict of interest.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
Dealer here may conflict of interest.
Rhapsody NO LONGER sells JCAT switches. Rhapsody did sell the M12 a few years back but no longer.

Rhapsody

VIP/Donor
Jan 16, 2013
Brooklyn NY
Rhapsody.Audio
if you can write article precisely. " when I added the OP LPS than when I added the M12." you add OP LPS to where? than M12 with stock PS?
Precisely what I said was "I found that in my systems I heard MUCH more of a difference when I added the OP LPS than when I added the M12". Meaning I heard more of a difference by replacing the supplied M12 wall wart power connector with the Optima 3 LPS vs just adding the M12 switch into my system.

Reactions: ctydwn

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing