Magico A5?

Jan 19, 2019
S. FL
I sent an inquiry to Magico asking how they compared to the original S3, this is what Peter Mackay responed with....

Thank you for your message and inquiry regarding the sound performance of the new A5 in comparison to the original S3.

We are pleased to report without hesitation that the performance level of the new A5 will easily surpass the original S3 loudspeakers. The advancements made at Magico over the past 2-3 years with transducer, enclosure and crossover designs are vast and have raised the bar significantly since the release of the S3.
WOW. The Magico "A" Game is changing things ...

Bodhi

Apr 20, 2014
I sent an inquiry to Magico asking how they compared to the original S3, this is what Peter Mackay responed with....

Thank you for your message and inquiry regarding the sound performance of the new A5 in comparison to the original S3.

We are pleased to report without hesitation that the performance level of the new A5 will easily surpass the original S3 loudspeakers. The advancements made at Magico over the past 2-3 years with transducer, enclosure and crossover designs are vast and have raised the bar significantly since the release of the S3.
I never really liked the S3 Mk1 despite the hystrionics on another forum about the impact of the new midrange enclosure. I thought the S5 Mk1 was a better speaker because it was better balanced overall & had better bass. The S5Mk2 OTOH is in another league to both speakers. Though how it would compare to the A5 I couldn't say?

pdxaudio

Feb 7, 2020
I know Magico A5 is not out yet but I’m wondering if anyone has an opinion on how it might compare to other similarly priced speakers like B&W 802 D3 or Revel Salon2.

I’m also curious how it might compare to the older Q5 or the newer M series. I know these are in a completely different price range but I’m wondering if anyone has compare A2 to M2 for example.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high-end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. A place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss existing and new audio products, music servers, music streamers and computer audio, digital to audio converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel to reel, speakers, headphones, tube amplifiers and solid state amplification. Founded in 2010 What's Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing