Magico M7 2023

AudioGod

Aug 27, 2023
Finland
I like the look a lot, except the chrome base piece which seems a bit tacky to my taste, with too much contrast to the elegantly reserved look of the speaker. Maybe they have a black version.
Lol
@$375K I'm sure you can get any color you choose

• Haha
Reactions: XV-1

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney

Rensselaer

VIP/Donor
Mar 23, 2021
Reactions: SlapEcho

Rensselaer

VIP/Donor
Mar 23, 2021
Not what you think. Those are a magicol tweak. This is not the place to discuss those.
I was in fact following where the thread theme had moved to.

As you showed how you didn’t need to spend a ton of money to find a perfectly usable jack, I naturally thought that you wouldn’t be adverse to using inexpensive pieces of plywood under your feet if such works, and was making a joke about how they would have to be rare or endangered to be acceptable with the high-end crowd. I didn’t realise that they are “Magicol” (oh my).

I accept that my sense of humour is not universally appreciated.

Last edited:
Reactions: AudioGod

sbo6

VIP/Donor
May 18, 2014
Round Rock, TX
Seriously, high end hifi is becoming a scam with retail prices conforming to none of the COGS + margin structures, just ever decreasing volume with ever increasing prices.
You sound like your dad, ever hear of inflation and market segments?

• Haha
Reactions: XV-1

sbo6

VIP/Donor
May 18, 2014
Round Rock, TX
Hi end speakers give you the last 1%
That obviously costs a lot
IME the more you hear higher and higher end systems / speakers the more you realize the glass ceiling is farther and farther away. It's a - you don't know what you don't know situation.

And I don't believe any of us have been close to the "1%" to know the gap to the (ever moving) pinnacle of audio nirvana. It's satisfying for audiophiles to believe they've heard what's best, or darn close to it.

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Screenshot_2023-11-01-05-12-34-873_com.google.android.youtube-edit.jpg

From Jay Audio Lab on youtube.

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
I think if you put a picture of the M6 up there it will show a very clear progression with the M7 taking elements of each. The tweeter height is an interesting reference point.

I think if one were to make a study of Magico versus Wilson over the last 10 or 15 years, one would see some interesting ways in which one company responds to the other after a new product is launched.

Ron Resnick

Site Co-Owner, Administrator
Jan 24, 2015
Beverly Hills, CA
I think if one were to make a study of Magico versus Wilson over the last 10 or 15 years, one would see some interesting ways in which one company responds to the other after a new product is launched.

That is interesting. I would've said that I think each company follows its own independent loudspeaker design philosophy.

Or do you mean that Wilson paved the way for a loudspeaker in the WAMM price category, and then in the XVX price category?

Reactions: mxk116

Al M.

VIP/Donor
Sep 10, 2013
Greater Boston
View attachment 119091

From Jay Audio Lab on youtube.

While the M9 undoubtedly must be more imposing (given the tweeter height it is safe to assume that it is much taller), I find the M7 much more beautiful.

Except for that tacky chrome base....

(I did mention my beef with that before, didn't I? ;))

Reactions: christoph

PeterA

Dec 6, 2011
USA
That is interesting. I would've said that I think each company follows its own independent loudspeaker design philosophy.

Or do you mean that Wilson paved the way for a loudspeaker in the WAMM price category, and then in the XVX price category?

I cannot keep track of all the back-and-forth, up and down the line, but I find it very interesting that the latest photographs show the speaker in a very formal classic living room domestic setting rather than the photo booth as in the past. This is what Wilson has been doing for a while.

Wilson did a new WAMM and followed that up with the XVX. Magico does the M9 and follows that up with the M7. If you go back a number of years you might find the same thing with lower models and one company responding to the others release and market segment.

This is just a casual observation, but I would not be surprised if the companies watch each other very carefully in terms of marketing pricing and product launching and development.

Reactions: Pokey77

Whbgarrett

Oct 7, 2019
While the M9 undoubtedly must be more imposing (given the tweeter height it is safe to assume that it is much taller), I find the M7 much more beautiful.

Except for that tacky chrome base....

(I did mention my beef with that before, didn't I? ;))
Agree, the base mucks up the entire aesthetic

sbo6

VIP/Donor
May 18, 2014
Round Rock, TX
Agree, the base mucks up the entire aesthetic
I like it, it breaks up an otherwise mono color design. Is it chrome or polished aluminum?

marty

Apr 20, 2010
United States
I was in fact following where the thread theme had moved to.

As you showed how you didn’t need to spend a ton of money to find a perfectly usable jack, I naturally thought that you wouldn’t be adverse to using inexpensive pieces of plywood under your feet if such works, and was making a joke about how they would have to be rare or endangered to be acceptable with the high-end crowd. I didn’t realise that they are “Magicol” (oh my).

I accept that my sense of humour is not universally appreciated.
I presume "magicol" it's a typo and the word meant was "magical"? But let's dispense with this quickly. It's a David Karmeli tweak so I would not dismiss it. I'm quite friendly with David but he won't tell me what they are! I imagine if I bought his TT, it might be a different story. Good luck learning more.

ScottK

Apr 30, 2023
mars
The concern I have about the upper tier Magico speakers is the way they are connected to the speaker enclosure. While I'm certain they're clamping tech (i.e. through bolted to the rear enclosure) has sonic benefits it makes the speaker impossible to replace in the field and must be shipped back to the factory for replacement. It does look great!

XV-1

May 24, 2010
Sydney
  • Haha
Reactions: Pokey77

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
For a guy that is banned here, how come WBF can allow his pictures etc to be posted here??
He is banned here?
Sorry, I have no idea.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing