Mr. Robot

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
This is the "hot" show according to the critics and LA insiders. Just watched the pilot which was VERY good. Its dark and brooding with humor (Elliot's inner thoughts) and the director is excellent with good use of music (Neil Diamond in the opener). The muted tones of the cinematography really set the stage. Christian Slater is in the perfect role as "Mr. Robot." Don't hesitate because this is a program on USA- it appears to be as good as anything on HBO or Showtime these days. In fact, I believe every episode got 100% from Rotten Tomatoes....

I watched some of it when it first came out. It kind of starts like Matrix does. I sort of lost interest and have not watched the later episodes.

I watched some of it when it first came out. It kind of starts like Matrix does. I sort of lost interest and have not watched the later episodes.

Exactly my thoughts. I can't motivate myself to watch the last 4 shows I have on DVR. To be honest, I still don't understand the plot line. I have no idea what the hell is going on in any given week, not to mention from week to week.

Exactly my thoughts. I can't motivate myself to watch the last 4 shows I have on DVR. To be honest, I still don't understand the plot line. I have no idea what the hell is going on in any given week, not to mention from week to week.
Exactly my problem! I hate it when I see behind the curtains of these shows where I imagine the writers sitting around a table deciding what to make up for the next show. Don't mind one story being split between a few episodes. But when it is make it up as you go and it becomes obvious that is the case, then I feel "played" and I lose interest.

Waiting on Season 2! Loved it.

I have started watching season 2. The show is an almost perfect abstraction of today's kaleidoscopic, confusing cross sections of life i.e. paranoia, political evil, technology, computers, corporate power, information overload etc., I suppose you could call it the "Millennial's Nightmare". Where are the moral choices, or is morality just obsolete?

It seems slow at times, but is beautifully photographed. When it punches, though, it is quick and hard. I like it, but I don't think it is a show for everybody.

I have started watching season 2. The show is an almost perfect abstraction of today's kaleidoscopic, confusing cross sections of life i.e. paranoia, political evil, technology, computers, corporate power, information overload etc., I suppose you could call it the "Millennial's Nightmare". Where are the moral choices, or is morality just obsolete?

It seems slow at times, but is beautifully photographed. When it punches, though, it is quick and hard. I like it, but I don't think it is a show for everybody.

Good analysis. Yes, I can understand the 'not for everybody' part. Or that some don't like the plot reveal near the end. The intertwining of this with world affairs is very interesting though.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing