MSB Select II arrival

nonesup

VIP/Donor
Feb 15, 2017
Spain
I have received notification by mail of a message from Dietmar (Trinity Audio) , in this thread, however I cannot find it, has it been deleted by the administrator?

Mike Lavigne

Member Sponsor & WBF Founding Member
Apr 25, 2010
I have received notification by mail of a message from Dietmar (Trinity Audio) , in this thread, however I cannot find it, has it been deleted by the administrator?

here is the Trinity dac thread Dietmar mainly posted in;

https://whatsbestforum.com/threads/trinity-dac.12023/

and here is his member link, where you can see all his posts, the last of which was in 2017;

https://whatsbestforum.com/members/trinity.4700/

likely if you got notification of a message, you would see a prompt at the top right of the page at inbox, which would lead to that message.

ashandger

Jun 14, 2013
Yes, Dietmar posted a VERY interesting message earlier today and my email notification had the full message in it and looks like Forum admin have indeed deleted it!

Vienna

VIP/Donor
Indeed I read it some hours ago and now it’s gone

SCAudiophile

Sep 11, 2010
Greer South Carolina (USA)
I read it too and still have it in my forum email alerts. Seems like the manufacturer wanted to get some facts
out there in his own hand. It does however seem to have been removed.

Last edited:

treitz3

Super Moderator
Staff member
Dec 25, 2011
The tube lair in beautiful Rock Hill, SC
Just for the record, I see no indication that any message was removed by any of the admin team.

Tom

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
I saw the post too.
However his claims are one-sided and are direct attacks which are unproven.
Actually we as consumers may not know the truth or know all the details of their financial/commercial conflicts.

IMO removing the post is appropriate.

In fact I met both of them many times over the past years in HK.
AE after discontinuation of Trinity dealership, has never said a single bad word about Trinity/Dietmar on any media/forums both locally and overseas.

It's sad to see their relationship turning sour this way.
:confused:

Last edited:

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Interesting that both Magico and Rockport appear to have CH in their rooms. I have known Rockport and Gryphon (and CJ) for many years, and was intrigued to find they now also have CH in their room. Now to see it at Magico creates further intrigue.

CKKeung

Jun 17, 2011
Hong Kong
Interesting that both Magico and Rockport appear to have CH in their rooms. I have known Rockport and Gryphon (and CJ) for many years, and was intrigued to find they now also have CH in their room. Now to see it at Magico creates further intrigue.
Yes, I am interested to audition Magico M6 paired with CH M1.1 monos.

Kingsrule

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2011

Maybe it's because CH has a US rep and a very generous loaner policy.........

Reactions: hogen and KeithR

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA

My opinion is “who cares?” Alon has had lots of dreadful sounding stuff (Soulution) in there. I remember when the defunct Halcro was popular in manufacturer rooms too.

Reactions: christoph

Steve Williams

Site Founder, Site Owner, Administrator
My opinion is “who cares?” Alon has had lots of dreadful sounding stuff (Soulution) in there. I remember when the defunct Halcro was popular in manufacturer rooms too.

I thought I read somewhere that he was also using a TotalDac D1Direct Driver with his Select DAC. I don't see it in that photo however

LL21

Dec 26, 2010
Maybe it's because CH has a US rep and a very generous loaner policy.........

I care in so much as I have a lot of respect for Andy Payor. Having spent time speaking with Andy Payor who founded Rockport about his use of Gryphon (which was not even distributed in the US when we spoke), I learned something about the how's and why's of his choice to use their preamps and amps. It also gave me a lot of comfort as i was making my own decisions about long-term reliability, customer service, etc. I have never spoken with Magico before, but having seen a few very discerning audiophiles (Gian60 and Arnie who owns the mighty Arrakis, 6-REL Sub system) go with CH...I do think it is interesting to see them land in Magico's room...as a datapoint not as definitive proof of anything. After all, i have to imagine, he could put most anything in his room that he wanted to, but so far he seems to have had maybe 3-6 brands?

I also remember speaking with CJ who had Wilsons and Transparent in their room for many, many years. I already owned Wilsons and Transparent when I learned about their own setup, but it was interesting to learn their own views about the brands they listen to in their own room.

Kingsrule

VIP/Donor
Feb 3, 2011
I also think its prudent for speaker manufactures to try as many brands as possible that would be used with their products...

Reactions: hogen and GSOphile

KeithR

VIP/Donor
May 7, 2010
Encino, CA
It also gave me a lot of comfort as i was making my own decisions about long-term reliability, customer service, etc.

I would worry less about justifying your purchase and focus more on the sound you prefer in your room with your speakers.

Elliot G.

Industry Expert
Jul 22, 2010
Fort Lauderdale, Florida
www.bendingwaveusa.com
i think with brick and mortar brands, dealers influence display partners.....over any performance issues.
I agree with you when it comes to shows and manufacturers and distributors generally don't get extended loans ,like reviewers, they are buying or trading gear for their own use.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing