Munchen High end show 2022

I m going 19 - 22 may to the show in munchen

Who s going?
What brands you wanna hear ??

IMG_9857.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
And my 4 th take away perhaps the most important lol.
My own system is not bad at all.

But I wouldnt mind to add a
Gryphon Apex / wadax .

Ps I have much more info pics and vids which i ll post in due time

Andromeda, I have the impression that there was not much mentioned. There was a comment about the new top Kronos versus the Wadax in one room, and the new Kuzma arm, but not much else. Were the new Nagra, SME, OMA, SAT tables even there? Did you hear any vinyl that interested you?

Andromeda, I have the impression that there was not much mentioned. There was a comment about the new top Kronos versus the Wadax in one room, and the new Kuzma arm, but not much else. Were the new Nagra, SME, OMA, SAT tables even there? Did you hear any vinyl that interested you?
I did hear the nagra TT but nagra tubes is not my sound so its hard to seperate the TT.
The techdas in the rockport CH system sounded great .
Im sorry but i cannot make any usefull comments

Reactions: PeterA
I just went once in 2017.
At that time one of the best systems was Zellaton with Y/S amps.
No mention to Zellaton room this year

I just went once in 2017.
At that time one of the best systems was Zellaton with Y/S amps.
No mention to Zellaton room this year
I think the overal sound level was quit high , i thought the Zellatons were good balanced sounding.

But not enough to make it in the big speaker sound range .
The best wilson to me was the Sasha DAW on D agostino but also to small/ limited sounding to make it in the big league.

Regarding tape sound i have not heard tape better then my telefunken /eternal arts combo.
Also regarding Bass reproduction i miss absolutey nothing at home

Reactions: joaovieira
@ RUN DMC

No the match is fine the amps drove the kharma s without problem .

Im strictly talking sound quality .

I just think the Apex is an exeptional piece of audio design .
Same goes for WADAX.

My 2 biggest take away products of the show
Good to know as my 35 wpc Kõda can drive big speakers and the K160 is way more powerful.

Best room in munchen to my ears

WADAX R KODA Kharma in the Fono acustica room.

Thats it , it was a great show great atmosphere
@ RUN DMC

No the match is fine the amps drove the kharma s without problem .

Im strictly talking sound quality .

I just think the Apex is an exeptional piece of audio design .
Same goes for WADAX.

My 2 biggest take away products of the show
interesting feedback. appreciate your comments on the Wadax obviously in quite a few rooms. the Kharma's, which i owned back many years ago, are the general sound reference that led to my Evolutions. and the Robert Koda has a sound similar to my darTZeel.

for these three brands together to produce great sound makes sense to me. i know there are other opinions. such is an audio show.

Reactions: andromedaaudio
A goal in itself was to hear as much solid state as i could .
One should not be surprised if andro scoops up a used The gryphon Essence to add to the system .
The Gryphon Apex was the best SS i have heard .

Last edited:
For the first time I was able to listen to Burmester electronic, without to much pain to my ears. Must have been the speakers.

Attachments

• IMG_6251.jpeg
    IMG_6251.jpeg
    865.6 KB · Views: 31

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing