Munchen High end show 2022

I m going 19 - 22 may to the show in munchen

Who s going?
What brands you wanna hear ??

IMG_9857.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes, I heard the smaller version (same as in your picture) at the Klangschloss here in Switzerland in April driven by darTZeel. I think they were driving it too hard there because it got weirdly shouty with some frequencies like the bending wave driver was getting chaotic in motion or something. I heard the same bass integration problem there as well though. It is an active bass and the texture and damping is totally different from the rest of the speaker.
I heard it too at the Klangschloss and my impression was similar to yours. When I heard this speaker at the High End in Munich it was similar, it just sounded a tad better probably due to the amps by Riviera Audio, which I like a lot. I used to have their smallest integrated/headphone amp.

Last edited:
Reactions: morricab
Danish actually ! Even worse ! Could not get information from Shazam, who the artist is. Sounds like Terremoto De Jerez. Do you know Brad ? My Flamenco collection is limited to a few albums. :)
Not really sure...he mentioned something but that it can't be found on streaming services.

LOOK! no shaky cams ( found footage movie) and roll off after 80hz! :D:D
With the usual caveat of relatively tiny inexpensive computer speakers reproducing big expensive speakers, this sounds pretty darned good. Perhaps a touch bright--hard to tell--but very "live" sounding (through aforementioned small cheap speakers).

Was the Rockport that good ?
Best Sound (Cost no object)

Attachments

• 2AACB022-5AA4-4C1D-B6F9-676468DED6D2.jpeg
    2AACB022-5AA4-4C1D-B6F9-676468DED6D2.jpeg
    209.4 KB · Views: 24
I agree - It left me cold. I thought the Rockport Avior 2 with Absolare hybrid amp was a more engaging proposition. I could have happily stayed in that room for hours

Based on that observation - not the speakers fault then - just portraying what its being presented - would that be a reasonable assumption...

Based on that observation - not the speakers fault then - just portraying what its being presented - would that be a reasonable assumption...
It would. In fact I am big fan of Rockport speakers, but I found the CH Precision/Lyra combination to be analytically impressive but a bit souless.

Thanks to everyone .
This is actually what I expected Based on the amps they used . Also Odin 2 did not help.
Rockports pair excellent with many good amps but CH was never my cup of tea.
to cold , to analytical , ears bleeding .

Absolare , Solution, Pass, Emm Labs mtrx , Westminster Lab Rei would be much better to name a few.
Also they tend to play best with Transparent cables as they are internally wireed with that cables.

What would be Lyra best companion from listed above ?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing