Munich show 2023 Hifideluxe and MOC .

Hi 'sjs',
Thank you for letting me know that your good self and 'Living Voice' / 'Definitive Audio' wont be at this years NW Audio Show. Much appreciated (although also sad you won't be there !).

Are you guys planning to go to any other HiFi shows this year in the UK with the system(s) you took to Munich this year ?
We were at Whittlebury in March with a similar system, and are planning to be there again next year, but we don't have another show planned this year atm.

Reactions: Bonesy Jonesy
The New $60K Dali Epikore 11 speakers are very impressive ! :oops::eek:

To get most of the performance of their Flagship Dali Kore speakers for half the cost is very impressive indeed !
The $120K Dali Kore Speakers are one of the very best speakers money can buy right now ! It's been one year and they have not filled all the orders for the Dali KORE ! They are a Big Demand for these Kore Speakers !

Very interesting they use they use this Kore Technology on these new Dali EpiKore 11's too !

On the video the price was 20,000 Euros each but then he mentioned 30,000 USD. With a 1.07 conversion rate, what is the extra 8600 USD per speaker?

Interesting how taste in sound varies.
Also, obviously, most impressions are from a few mins (tops) of listening and usually not to sample tracks that represent anything.

I’ll focus on what I liked and had a chance to listen for longer periods (20-30 mins).

- Clarysis where sounding wonderful, very coherent and full. A bit dry, but it could be anything, including sources and amplification. One of the show’s standouts.

- Alsyvox where also sounding beautiful, and I’m not a panel aficionado.

- Kroma and VAC, wonderful combination. Loved them last year as well with the big Gryphon Apex.

- Kaiser with their new floorstander (not the tower), sounded superb (with Ypsilon).

- VYGER and Viva at hifideluxe, where best-of-show for me. The VYGER speakers do it all, very engaging system. Both digital and analog where sounding sublime

Reactions: bonzo75
- VYGER and Viva at hifideluxe, where best-of-show for me. The VYGER speakers do it all, very engaging system. Both digital and analog where sounding sublime

Good to know they set it up well at a show. the table is my favourite, and I have heard the speakers on digital only as I reported in my write up sound very clean and transparent and coherent and dynamic, but I have not been able to audition then with my own analog recordings yet.

Last edited:
Reactions: KeithR
I would like to thank everyone that came to the VYGER room, you may or may not have seen me, being a massive introvert I spent a lot of time hiding in my room but I did venture out to see the other systems and it is quite humbling to see and hear such an assembly of creative geniuses building appliances that are just next level and doing so year on year.

The now battle tested TITAN was played constantly for over 72 hours on top of the 500 hours soak testing carried out by us. The room was less than ideal as it was a massive heat trap but the system stayed well within nominal tolerances and never went above baseline temperature. I expected this but obviously having a real world test is always qualitative over my hypothesising and testing in the lab.

As the room was quite quiet it also gave us a good baseline for noise in our newly designed pump set, most people commented that they could not believe there was a pump producing the amount of pressure in the same room, which is a great boost for us but also the figures don’t lie, it is silent and thermally efficient.

Anyway it was just a message to thank you all so much for coming to see us, it really is such a great feeling.

Björn

Nice of folks to share their best of show but reporting which components and media they actually heard would be even more helpful

Reactions: Rhapsody
Alsyvox/Pilium/Taiko/Lampi at Munich 2023

Well, with 2 friends, curiously we found the sound good at first, but after a few tracks it was a bit too digital! Has anyone else had this experience?
Sure, everyone has different tastes and experiences. I just read this review of the room from Hi-Fi Pig.

ALSYVOX, LAMPIZATOR, OMEGA CABLES, PILIUM AMPS & TAIKO SERVER

OK, the music played and I could feel my body relax into it. THAT is the sound and feeling this kind of high-end stuff brings to the table.

Full report here-
https://www.hifipig.com/high-end-munich-2023-the-big-hifi-pig-report/

Reactions: Hyperion and Bobvin
Best Sound at Munich 2023 ?
Schetl Audio
World's First Open Cell Aluminium Foam Composite Loudspeakers ! :eek:

Last edited:
Best Sound at Munich 2023 ?
Schetl Audio
World's First Open Cell Aluminium Foam Composite Loudspeakers ! :eek:

Do we know how much these will retail (ballpark) ?

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing