Munich show 2023 Hifideluxe and MOC .

Gosh, I want all of that for system evaluation. A single track for evaluation of a system is a poor proposition, period. That's why you have to go back several times at a show if you really are trying to get a good hint, not just a drive-by.
I agree.
Some systems are having a bad day. Others are in the hallway good. It is not that difficult to tell what rooms deserve an encore.

Here some - very frank - comments from Roy Gregory that some of the WBF members will not be pleased with at all. For me great to read that a respected reviewer is not afraid to speak out so frankly though.
In many points I agree with him, but not in all :cool:

And don't forget:

"And in the spirit of transparency…
My wife works as a marketing consultant and her clients currently include several audio companies. She works with CH Precision and Wadax."

Matt

And don't forget:

My wife works as a marketing consultant and her clients currently include several audio companies. She works with CH Precision and Wadax."

Matt
Nothing to see hear…move along…

• Haha
Reactions: Rob181

Here some - very frank - comments from Roy Gregory that some of the WBF members will not be pleased with at all. For me great to read that a respected reviewer is not afraid to speak out so frankly though.

I think our readers are mature enough to know that such reports are mainly personnel information on systems that are listened probably in non ideal, even poor conditions. No reason to be pleased or not, IMO.

Different people weight reviewers differently and we audiophiles have different preferences. We usually weight better reviewers that share our preferences - why should people loose their time considering opinion of people that have shown clear bias against their preferred brands?

Reactions: Ron Resnick
The Gobel Divin Majestic is my favorite big cone speaker!

I think our readers are mature enough to know that such reports are mainly personnel information on systems that are listened probably in non ideal, even poor conditions. No reason to be pleased or not, IMO.

Different people weight reviewers differently and we audiophiles have different preferences. We usually weight better reviewers that share our preferences - why should people loose their time considering opinion of people that have shown clear bias against their preferred brands?
My point was: in stead of the usual ‘political correctness’ in show reports the frankness of Roy’s comments is imo refreshing. And it speaks for itself that the WBF members can do with his comments how they please.

Last edited:
My point was: in stead of the usual ‘political correctness’ in show reports the frankness of Roy’s comments are imo refreshing. And it speaks for itself that the WBF members can do with his comments how they please.

Roy is as much an enthusiast for the industry as anyone. He has heard and covered as much gear as any major reviewer. His article talked about specific rooms and equipment at the Munich show. Some people do not like his style but I don't think he suggested an axe to grind with any particular room. I appreciated the candor of his views. He knew he would upset some apple carts but went ahead to say his piece. He does love him some Wadax.

I like anybody with forthright views, too many 'its all subjective' merchants in this hobby. Roy used to rave about Wadia, which I never liked, so I'll takes his views on Wadax with a pinch of salt.

And don't forget:

Matt

Online darlings Aries Cerat “
Roy Gregory.

Oh My … What a curious little throw away comment with which to open one’s critique of a manufacturers show !

If ever one would wish to bookmark ones ‘Professional’ review with a Whiff of bias right from the first sentence then this is certainly one way to go about it.

I can only assume that Mr Gregory is referring to traffic on WBF forum , as copy elsewhere on other forna discussing this manufacturer is markedly few and far between.

If my assumption is correct I would put forward the following plain facts sourced from the Manufacturers Forum section of WBF.

Aries Cerat Forum Threads 53 Messages 872

CH Precision Forum Threads123 Messages 2.7K

DartZeel Forum Threads 80 Messages 2.5K

Gryphon Audio Designs Forum Threads 73 Messages 1.5K

Magico Speaker Forum Threads 184 Messages 10.2K

MSB Technology Threads 59 Messages 3.6K.

I could continue how ever my point being obvious.

Were we to take a look at a number of popular threads specifically :

Taiko Audio SGM Extreme : the Crème de la Crème 900 pages 17,984 posts

Lampizator announcement: launch of our all new TOTL HORIZON DAC: 163 Pages 3.242 posts

WADAX dedicated forum: 18 Pages 321 Posts

CH Precision 10 series: 17 Pages 336 Posts

And the Aries Cerat thread displaying the largest traffic on the forum :

Oh my, oh my - Aries Cerat Helene DAC: 6 Pages 107 Posts !

Perhaps Mr Gregory might like to explain his comment and illuminate upon his reasons behind it.

Reactions: Bobbi
After all….. what is (or was) High End?

Sitting in Front of

Real Thing Reproduction

IMG_6246.jpeg

IMG_6243.jpeg

IMG_6244.jpeg

well …. I guess, a lot of listeners would spend their wife for those in half a second …No longer available

but of course there are differences, too
the WE are a class on their own, the Lansing are different, but not so cleat in tone and the other one … well… did they do something right ….

IMG_6248.jpeg

so

THE Standard now …..

is

IMG_6254.jpeg

IMG_6255.jpeg

Or that

IMG_6209.jpeg

Or here

IMG_6228.jpeg

IMG_6225.jpeg

… or car stereo ?

Online darlings Aries Cerat “
Roy Gregory.

Oh My … What a curious little throw away comment with which to open one’s critique of a manufacturers show !

If ever one would wish to bookmark ones ‘Professional’ review with a Whiff of bias right from the first sentence then this is certainly one way to go about it.

I can only assume that Mr Gregory is referring to traffic on WBF forum , as copy elsewhere on other forna discussing this manufacturer is markedly few and far between.

If my assumption is correct I would put forward the following plain facts sourced from the Manufacturers Forum section of WBF.

Aries Cerat Forum Threads 53 Messages 872

CH Precision Forum Threads123 Messages 2.7K

DartZeel Forum Threads 80 Messages 2.5K

Gryphon Audio Designs Forum Threads 73 Messages 1.5K

Magico Speaker Forum Threads 184 Messages 10.2K

MSB Technology Threads 59 Messages 3.6K.

I could continue how ever my point being obvious.

Were we to take a look at a number of popular threads specifically :

Taiko Audio SGM Extreme : the Crème de la Crème 900 pages 17,984 posts

Lampizator announcement: launch of our all new TOTL HORIZON DAC: 163 Pages 3.242 posts

WADAX dedicated forum: 18 Pages 321 Posts

CH Precision 10 series: 17 Pages 336 Posts

And the Aries Cerat thread displaying the largest traffic on the forum :

Oh my, oh my - Aries Cerat Helene DAC: 6 Pages 107 Posts !

Perhaps Mr Gregory might like to explain his comment and illuminate upon his reasons behind it.
The sneer in it is rather obvious as is the implication that it is not “real” high end but pretenders…the funny thing is it is kind of the other way around.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing