Munich show 2023 Hifideluxe and MOC .

Audio-Karma, are you a robot ? Remember Asimov's laws, you have to answer truthfully !
What pictures do not have horns ?

I think in a few year's time only andro's system pic will not have horns. And mine, obviously.

Looks like some people don’t have their wives representing brands. This article rates Devore, living voice, and Silbatone rooms. Looks much better written and honest to me.

There is no room in Munich I've had more fun in over the years than the big Silbatone room.

When one of Mr. Chung’s assistants cranked Led Zeppelin’s «Whole Lotta Love», the 100-year old speakers, designed to fill a large movie theater with sound from a low-powered tube amplifier, rocked like nothing else at the show, with unforced musicality, high resolution and enormous scale.”

They need to move away from that Whole Lotta Love thing, though, it is getting a bit tired.

Sure War Pigs and countless other rock tracks could be great, too.

My curiosity is high volume mega bass electronica. Would it be an absolute disaster or would it work? Will probably never know.

They need to move away from that Whole Lotta Love thing, though, it is getting a bit tired.

Sure War Pigs and countless other rock tracks could be great, too.

My curiosity is high volume mega bass electronica. Would it be an absolute disaster or would it work? Will probably never know.

when Schick is manning the analog in that room, he plays some electronica. And on Sundays they would play more freely. They wouldn’t do the speech and a 30 mins to 1 hour then repeat, but just keep on playing

Alieno cessaro bergmann
Thank You for posting pictures of this wonderful system. The Cessaro Horn Acoustics speaker system in the photo are the new limited edition of 10 pairs called "The Mendelsohn." The Alieno Preamplifier and 250 300B SE amplifier are also, in this system. Both Cessaro and Alieno are proudly represented in North America by High Water Sound.

when Schick is manning the analog in that room, he plays some electronica. And on Sundays they would play more freely. They wouldn’t do the speech and a 30 mins to 1 hour then repeat, but just keep on playing
True enough but maybe not as chilled as previously as it's only 2 days to the public these days.

I think one disappointment for me was Viva under representing themselves with a small system at Hi-Fi Deluxe. The Audio Hanoi room I went to recently in Vietnam was truly at fuck off level. Possibly the most natural sounding system I have ever heard, much of it due to the four Viva 845/211 monos driving it and the sheer scale/size of the speakers. They needed something similar at Munich.

The videos I took of the Audio Hanoi system sound absolutely shit as I discovered when I got home. So there's no evidence of greatness or even a vague clue. Very curious.

Sure the ESD system at Munich was huge, but I didn't like it at all. It was unable to express bass as anything more than one note, or so it seemed to me. It's wrong, in other words. More work required there.

Whatever.

Some shots of Munich plus a Viva shot at Audio Hanoi.

I am out to South Korea for that museum and general world exploration purposes next year.

IMG20230521174109.jpg
IMG20230521174416.jpgIMG20230415170419.jpgIMG20230521173239.jpg

Are these new standalone subwoofers? Or are these the subwoofers that are part of the Masterhorn system?
Dunno Ron. I'd have to look it up but I can't be arsed at the moment.

What I will say is the room at Audio Hanoi wasn't big enough, as the lower cone woofers which can't be seen in the picture were situated in the corners and were firing into the back of the mid/high frequency drive units.

Not ideal.

That said nothing is ideal.

A recommended audition, though.

Most notable here is a $750 uSB control that updates firmware. I would be willing to audition it. I have no idea how it works. Once I learn more I will open a thread.

Dunno Ron. I'd have to look it up but I can't be arsed at the moment.

What I will say is the room at Audio Hanoi wasn't big enough, as the lower cone woofers which can't be seen in the picture were situated in the corners and were firing into the back of the mid/high frequency drive units.

Not ideal.

That said nothing is ideal.

A recommended audition, though.

Thank you.

Most notable here is a $750 uSB control that updates firmware. I would be willing to audition it. I have no idea how it works. Once I learn more I will open a thread.
Interesting to see this product highlighted, as I was just researching it. It does not affect one's firmware at all, but is recommended to be placed on a USB firmware port to offer noise control (simply because that is close to the noise generating circuitry in a device, and also the port is available, as it is seldom needed for firmware updates). I would guess it's a tuned resistive load, but who knows. It does appear to be effective and convenient, as it is a "dongle" type device with no wires needed. But MSRP of $750 is bold.

Reactions: Gregadd
RG seems to love it, maybe his wife works for CAD too? :cool:

Matt

Reactions: christoph

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu