Music Videos - - The Greats!

I'm in a Genesis mode and I already posted "Squonk", so I hope you enjoy this live version of "Ripples".

To many of the "purists" Genesis was no longer Genesis after the departure of Peter Gabriel and that is so wrong. Phil's contribution afterwards, when he had to take the lead, was an amazing accomplishment given that he to live up to Peter's departure.

Much like Pink Floyd wasn't about just Syd Barret and Roger Waters, Genesis wasn't just about Peter Gabriel.

Enjoy!

From The Commitments....(damn, when is this coming out on Blu-ray?).

And I think that Maria Doyle Kennedy has one of the most sultry voices ever......yummy, yummy, yummy.

It takes courage to imitate the Queen of Soul. Not a bad job.

IMO the greatest performer of all time.

In my youth I had the pleasure of a limo ride from the White House to Dept of HUD where I had a summer job. He had just met with Richard Nixon.

Whether on vinyl or CD, do yourself a favour and get some of her stuff. The voice, the range, the interpretation......pleasures not always found.

For the Led Zeppelin fans:

For those who appreciate the "genius" that is David Gilmour. This is a video of his during the Gdansk tour. The song is "Castellorizon" from DG's "On An Island" album.

Well to say I missed this one is an understatement. Miss Cassidy was not only a regular in DC but a mainstay of Blues Alley. Alast she died in 1996 of Cancer. her parents were on the radio today promoting a new cd. When I get the chance I'll do a little biography and discography and post in the music section.

Just for fun.

Tears for Fears - Listen

When I spent the summers of my youth in NC there was a place we(ok my siters danced) went to dance called a juke joint. Kind of like a community center with a juke box in it.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu