Music Videos - - The Greats!

Haven't posted to this thread in quite a bit so I thought I'd post this nugget from the California Guitar Trio. John, this one's for you:

Very, very interesting! These guys did good indeed! I enjoyed it immensely. Thanks Ron!

This is a cut from Paul McCartney's MTV Unplugged concert, which I believe was the very first concert they produced in that series. It is not the best version of this song (too slow for my liking), but I thought you may enjoy it nonetheless.

Here is the original as a comparison.

A band often forgotten.

Another classic...a David Bowie classic actually, done by Mott The Hoople.

Here's a little piece I heard live in 1975 (IIRC) at the Cleveland Music Hall, where the Mahavishnu Orchestra opened for Jeff Beck. McLaughlin was on fire that night!

Lee

Wonderful piece Lee! Thanks for posting!

BTW: I didn't know George Carlin moonlighted as a drummer.:p:D

Billy Preston

"Will It Go Round In Circles" - Dig the hair and the orange leisure suit!

"Nothing From Nothing"

Nice jazdoc! Loves me some Billy P!

Some Annie Lennox and Dave Stewart before Eurythmics... a band called The Tourists..

A fave of mine..I love Tears For Fears

I'm sure many of you know the one-man band known as "The The". I have all of his albums and enjoy them thorougly. The song GIANT off his "Soul Mining" album is one I love and wanted to share today.

Matt Johnson (The The) rocks!

Did I say I like Matt Johnson or "The The"...?

This young lady should do more of this.....such an amazing voice.

She does a great duet with Tony Bennett on his "An American Legend" Blu-ray. I didn't post the video as it's utter crap....240p? What gives?

For my Dad, who would have turned 86 today! Enjoy Pops...wherever you are!:)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu