Music Videos - - The Greats!

How about the title track of his most recent album, with a little help on background vocals from a couple of ringers:

Another one of the greatest voices ever in Doo Wop / R&B (and one of my personal favorites):

How about one of the classic MTV videos?

I posted that in one of the other threads and I claimed that for me it is still the Greatest Video of all time. Peter Gabriel is pure genius!

How about the title track of his most recent album, with a little help on background vocals from a couple of ringers:

Huge DG fan here (as you probably know), so thanks for the video. The vinyl of On An Island is terrific!

John

Cat Stevens - Father and Son

John

Chris Botti - My One And Only Love.--------Paula Cole's interpretation of this song just sends me.

Charice . I do not have words to describe the talent, the power, the voice and the composure this young lady has. I can do nothing but smile when I watch this......I'm in awe!

John

Murray Head - Say It Ain't So

James Taylor - Fire & Rain

There's a song by his brother Livingston Taylor, from the album "Over The Rainbow", that I cannot find anywhere. If anyone could help me secure this, I'd be most appreciative.

John

The Alan Parsons Project - Old and Wise ------This song touches my heart.

John

Not a huge fan, but after watching Michael Buble's interpretation of "Feelin' Good" on the David Foster HITMAN Blu-ray, I thought I would post it. This is "swing" and very well done. Kudos Michael...I may still not be the greatest fan, but this song rocks!

John

A love song from a Mother to her child. This song sends chills through my body.

Amy Skye - Ordinary Miracles

John

A Neil Young video from one of his Massey Hall performances in 1971. Neil certainly deserves to be in "The Greats" video thread. So here we go...

Neil Young - Heart of Gold

John

Ok...so STOP me...I can't get enough...love these threads!

Not a video, but a great song....It was posted on youtube, so I'm taking liberties.

John

A much overlooked song.....

Genesis (sans PG)....Squonk

John

This belongs in "The Greats" video thread, simply because it's Annie Lennox. This woman is a powerhouse writer, singer, performer and (for me) has penned the finest line ever put on paper in a song.

"I want to swim in the pools of your eyes".

In appreciation, here is the song it was from:

John

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing