Music Videos - - The Greats!

My favourite female performer of all-time! :):D

An excellent choice. Her voice and style reflect a heavy influence by the greats. After decades that cut has not lost its' shine,

Greg, you hit the bullseye. I agree completely about Ricki Lee Jones. I love her version of Under The Boardwalk as well.

BTW, Greg, I hope you don't mind, but when I have the time I'm going to go back and edit your listing of some fantastic music videos so that instead of your posts just containing a listing of links to videos at another website our members will be able to view the videos without leaving our forum. Those performances are IMO that worthy.

Ron- I don't mind at all. My intent was sort of to put together a set for a listening session. Maybe Amir or someone knows how to make them play in series.

I am going to put the artist and title name on the second series tonight.

For those who care the no. 11 in the second series is none other than Dusty Springfield-The Look of Love. A tour de force IMO.

Greg, you hit the bullseye. I agree completely about Ricki Lee Jones. I love her version of Under The Boardwalk as well.

BTW, Greg, I hope you don't mind, but when I have the time I'm going to go back and edit your listing of some fantastic music videos so that instead of your posts just containing a listing of links to videos at another website our members will be able to view the videos without leaving our forum. Those performances are IMO that worthy.

Those were some wonderful vids, but I gave up watching all of them because they weren't embedded. Sorry Greg!

Ron- I don't mind at all. My intent was sort of to put together a set for a listening session. Maybe Amir or someone knows how to make them play in series.
I like it! Makes me wonder if we could find an entire set or concert on line. Wouldn't that be sweet!

Those were some wonderful vids, but I gave up watching all of them because they weren't embedded. Sorry Greg!

No problem John. It's never too late. BTW For me of these 21 I'll take Phoebe Snow The Poetry Mann. She is curenntly recovering from a stroke.

Oh my! Greg, I did not know that. Wow, she is one of my all-time favorites. I'm sure you recall I played a Phoebe Snow track at Steve's when you visited. In honor of Phoebe, here's a nice, informal version of one of my favorite Phoebe tunes:

I remember put that video in for you.

Here is Patti Cathcart doing her impression of Al Jerreau. Is it just me or is live music infinitely better than studio music?

Here's a fun version of a popular song, this time sung by The Marcels, whose version is featured in The Rock and Roll Hall of Fame's 500 Songs that Shaped Rock and Roll:

While I'm at it, here's another fun R&B tune from back in the days when R&B was called doo wop:

Amir are you suggesting I create the playlist on u-tube and then move it here?

Ditto :).
Some surprises.
Barbra Striesand - Autumn Leaves
Freddy Cole-Straighten up and Fly Right
Sarah Vaughn- On a Clear Day
Dee Dee BridgeWater-Afro Blue
Liz wright Dianne Reeves and Simone singing Four Women Lyrics
Cassaundra Wilson-St. James Infirmary
Sonny Stitt- Just Friends
Kenny Burrell- Jeanine
Lee Ritenour-Night Rythyms
Sergio Mendes and Brazil 66- Mas Que Nada
Dusty Springfield-The Look of Love

Thanks Amir. My apology to Ms. Streisand whose name is Barbra not Barbara.

Amir are you suggesting I create the playlist on u-tube and then move it here?
Not until I figure out how to link to a playlist here :). It will work on Youtube but so far, I have not figured out how to have it play here in sequence.

OK. BTW That tune is not Safronia it is "Four Women Lyrics"

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu