Music Videos - - The Greats!

Itzhak Perlman

Here's Pablo de Sarasate's Zigeunerweisen:

I saw Perlman play from the front row at Severance Hall in Cleveland, Ohio. Here's a musician that is so immersed when he's playing that it draws you right in.

Lee

Blasphemy perhaps.....but this is a better version

Wouldn't consider R.E.M. as belonging amongst the Greats (just yet), so I'm posting it here.

Haunting, almost beautiful in a sad way.

[video=metacafe;2106845/ray_charles_betty_carter_baby_its_cold_outside/]http://www.metacafe.com/watch/2106845/ray_charles_betty_carter_baby_its_cold_outside/[/video]

Ron...I have like 20 versions of this song, and the one you posted is the quintessential one to be sure. But here is a close second.

This thread is called the Greats. I've been trying to post some things you might not have heard before. What the heck . There is no harm in stating the obvious. I
invite you to post your favorite Elvis tune.

Post your favorite Stevie
Wonder

Was just thinking Stevie Wonder as I have "Musiquarium " spinning as I type this.

On the videos....let's merge the 2 threads....

Blasphemy perhaps.....but this is a better version
Not blasphemy at all. Reminds me of Carole King bettering James Taylor originals.
Here's Pablo de Sarasate's Zigeunerweisen:

I saw Perlman play from the front row at Severance Hall in Cleveland, Ohio. Here's a musician that is so immersed when he's playing that it draws you right in.

Lee
The man gives the instrument a voice and emotion. And makes it approachable to even people who are not into classical music. Those must be the signs of music genius!

Sorry. I could not resisist.

Greg, I'm hitting below the belt again, this time with one of the queens. I couldn't decide which one to post, i.e., the beautiful or the utterly depressing, so here's both:

See post #88 in this thread. Agreed about this one.

Lee

Sorry Lee. Not the last time that will happen on this thread.

Amir she needs a ticket to ride because she's a day tripper.

No problem Ron-I'll call your Roberta and raise you a Donny Hathaway.

The B
ig Guns

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu