My new ride !!

Big Dog RJ

Feb 2, 2012
Melbourne
G'day matey,
How's it going... trust all is well at your nick of the woods or should I say "our nick of the woods..."
I need a hair cut mate, looking like Tarzan at the moment.
Welcome aboard WBF, it's the highend of highends. Will touch base soon, and don't sell those 30.7's! They're one of a kind.
Cheers, keep safe and don't forget the mask.
Best, RJ

Reactions: Addicted to hifi

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Principality of Liechtenstein
Hi
Nice gear
But it is a fatal flaw to have a series of windows behind your speakers and curtains will only minimise the fault.
"Nice" first posting :rolleyes:

vinylguy

Feb 12, 2019
I fort it was the best place to have windows in a room if you cart have any at all, better than the sides.
Hi it would be better than the sides but it looks like a large home that may have a more suitable room?
Just a shame to have such exotic and beautiful sounding gear, yet not being able to get the best out of the system IMHO

vinylguy

Feb 12, 2019
And to be perfectly honest I am surprised the supplier of such expensive equipment didnt do a better job of helping him with room acoustics
Mine isnt perfect by any means, but if I had the money to purchase this gear I would hope I had a better room situation

vinylguy

Feb 12, 2019
Sorry Chris didnt realise it was your post and would have replied correctly if I had
Its really a shame you have such an amazing stereo and if it was supplied new that the supplier could have helped sort out a good way of maximising the acoustics
I know its a tough balance and also wives may not like certain means of improving the sound, but gear like this deserves listening room priority IMHO

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
And to be perfectly honest I am surprised the supplier of such expensive equipment didnt do a better job of helping him with room acoustics
Mine isnt perfect by any means, but if I had the money to purchase this gear I would hope I had a better room situation

Please show us your room :cool:

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Sorry Chris didnt realise it was your post and would have replied correctly if I had
Its really a shame you have such an amazing stereo and if it was supplied new that the supplier could have helped sort out a good way of maximising the acoustics
I know its a tough balance and also wives may not like certain means of improving the sound, but gear like this deserves listening room priority IMHO
No need to apologize to ME.
I just found your very first posting in this forum to come over as rather condescending.
Maybe you didn't mean to...

vinylguy

Feb 12, 2019
No need to apologize to ME.
I just found your very first posting in this forum to come over as rather condescending.
Maybe you didn't mean to...
Hi Chris

Absolutely not, and I hope the members appreciate that I was trying to help. Its probably that downunder we have a more forward approach, and someone with your premium gear would be unreasonable to be so.

Reactions: christoph

Addicted to hifi

VIP/Donor
Sep 8, 2020
Australia
The world is full of compromises and that applies to most music rooms. I myself have a pair of magnapan 30.7s in a small room and they sound fantastic. Cheers everybody

Reactions: christoph

vinylguy

Feb 12, 2019
Hi Chris

I closed this semi open plan room in so it is before and after
I close the curtains for movies

Attachments

• E9A6F791-74AB-42C9-85AD-FB6B7BE123AE.jpeg
    E9A6F791-74AB-42C9-85AD-FB6B7BE123AE.jpeg
    185.7 KB · Views: 59
  • 157D1ECC-3124-4615-86F9-BA5BB4ECF949_1_201_a.jpeg
    157D1ECC-3124-4615-86F9-BA5BB4ECF949_1_201_a.jpeg
    132.8 KB · Views: 62

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Hi Chris

I closed this semi open plan room in so it is before and after
I close the curtains for movies
Very nice.
But I think you should move this posting into a thread of your own because it doesn't fit into this thread tbh.

Reactions: vinylguy

infinitely baffled

VIP/Donor
Jul 2, 2015
Scotland
Hi Chris

Absolutely not, and I hope the members appreciate that I was trying to help. Its probably that downunder we have a more forward approach, and someone with your premium gear would be unreasonable to be so.
I would suggest the issues with the installation were readily apparent to everyone on this thread, but they were too polite to to bring them up

Last edited:
Reactions: Daverich4

Big Dog RJ

Feb 2, 2012
Melbourne
Mmm, rooms are rooms and pics will always be pics. We can only speculate on how Hedge's system may sound like... but we can never critisize it simply because none of us have ever been in his room to begin with!

If any of us who are trying to figure out the best possible solution to obtain the best possible sound from his Wilson's and Relentless gear, I'm sure the one and only person who would have figured this out already, would be none other than Hedge himself!

I would never critisize or offer advice on a room which I've not set foot in. Only guidelines can be offered and it's upto the owner to take upon them in good faith. This is one of the main reasons I don't take most reviews seriously, simple because they review only one item, not the whole system, and the room is a component itself. Very very critical in getting the best out of any system regardless of price. Believe me, I've been in rooms where a system costing around 50grand beat the heck out of a similar based system costing twice that. The room was so well designed, it was awe-inspiring from the first note!

Anyway, I'm sure as the sound settles in, Hedge will keep us posted on it's critical elements and how it represents fine quality recordings. Those amplifiers are something! They are damn expensive but I guess Dan D's designs didn't come easy, especially what they deliver in Class A from top to bottom along the impedence curve, it's more than rock solid! Titanium solid or whatever material is out there that's harder than rock...

Cheers, have a good one
RJ

Reactions: Hedgedrew66

christoph

Dec 11, 2015
Wasn’t he responding to your request in this thread to post a picture of his room?
I thought it would be obvious: in a dedicated thread about his room :p
But enough now of this off topic scribble here, at least from me ;)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing