My Pachanko Server is here. A bargain at 16k Euros?!

Bling23

Aug 3, 2020
Ireland
Care to share your findings? Would be helpful for others to benefit from your experience. TIA
I had a total nightmare with the K40 , it wouldn’t find server and core on my network. I had Antipodes dial in and they were unable to resolve. I then had a very difficult distributor shaft me on a refund. I was a long drawn out sorry saga. On the music side of things when the damb thing did decide to work I found the sound it produced to be on the bright side with a definite digital feel to the music. The easeful timbre you’d expect on a server this price was not there and my analog set up costing half the price outperformed it by a good margin. In my experience and I’ve tested many servers the best sound is achieved from Aurender with the N20 being the sweet spot in the line up.

TheHagueAudio

Feb 21, 2022
Allow me to add my personal experience with Pachanko- and Diretta, as I recently received my Pachanko Constellation Mini SE CAT (Computer Audio Transport), Pachanko Stellar Dual LPS combined with a Diretta OlioSpec DUB.
Pachanko’s local distributor in the Netherlands, Piet de Vries, from AudioTweaks kindly offered to lend me his demo Mini server to use for testing purposes.
Allow me to first give you some background and describe the rest of my setup. I use Qobuz streaming, as my only musical source (no vinyl, no CD’s, no local file storage) as we are fortunate to have a stabile high speed fiber-to-the-home connection. Roon is my favorite musical librarian. Although purely streaming digital, I have a strong preference for an analoge soundstage, achieved by means of using tubes in my system where I can.
Let me guide you backwards from ear-to-source. My speakers are Avalon Transcendent’s on Townshend isolation podiums, connecting through MIT Oracle V2 speaker cables to my two mono power amps, built by a local tube amp ‘artist’, each with 4 x KT150 tubes.
MIT Oracle V2.1 interlinks connect back into my Lampizator Pacific Balanced DAC with volume control/pre-amp (plus remote). The fully brass Pacific DAC uses a 5U4G KR Audio rectifier tube and 242 KR Audio signal DHT tubes.
Some months ago I decided to look for a replacement of my Innuos Zenith Mk2 server/streamer and, after an audiophile friend pointed me at the Diretta protocol, I decided to take a look at the Pachanko Constellation Mini SE server, because it offered the option of dual ethernet ports, combined with the Diretta protocol and HQ Player in one purpose built platform.
The distributor’s smaller demo unit (already including Diretta) provided a considerable upgrade in SQ over my old Innuos/Roon-based server. The meanwhile purchased Constellation Mini SE (adding HQ Player to the mix) boosted my setup to an even higher level. I appreciate the option to select within Roon to use MQ Player, or leave it out.
Now mind you, in my opinion my earlier rig already sounded impressive, but adding the Pachanko server/Diretta protocol/HQ Player lifted the musical experience to an impressively higher level. The overal sound image has become even more refined with very balanced mid’s and high’s, but what this upgrade did to my bass is simply amazing. It oozes power and control. The sound image has opened up further yet has not become ‘digital’ and in fact maintains the pure analogue character that I so much appreciate. The silent passages are ‘black as night’. I dare to say that my current system matches a very costly (and high maintenance) turntable/vinyl system, (something I never had the patience to work with anyway). In my opinion, streaming has reached the same SQ level.
Lastly, let me also testify that Pachanko’s support is of absolute world class. Chan from Pachanko, like others here have testified, is always available to jump in and assist remotely, supporting its customers in ways that are so seldomly seen nowadays.
When looking for a robust high-end computer audio platform, I can only advice to take a look/listen.

Attachments

• IMG_5023.jpeg
    IMG_5023.jpeg
    735.5 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_5024.jpeg
    IMG_5024.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 59

TDX

Jan 14, 2020
I’ve now owned the masterpiece for half a year and enjoys it all the time. The most important thing to me is it sounds so natural and analog. The other great thing is how stable it is, I never need to restart it. The only time I turn it off is if I need to change cables.

bryans

VIP/Donor
Dec 26, 2017
I’ve now owned the masterpiece for half a year and enjoys it all the time. The most important thing to me is it sounds so natural and analog. The other great thing is how stable it is, I never need to restart it. The only time I turn it off is if I need to change cables.
I must echo what @TDX said. My unit has been rock solid and sounds awesome!

pachankolabs

VIP/Donor
Nov 16, 2020
La Réunion
www.pachankolabs.com
Munich high-End audio show 2023 with Pachanko Labs, Moonriver, Sonner Audio and Oephi Performance Cables

Attachments

• IMG_6797.jpeg
    IMG_6797.jpeg
    656 KB · Views: 36
  • IMG_6795.jpeg
    IMG_6795.jpeg
    526.9 KB · Views: 33
  • IMG_6794.jpeg
    IMG_6794.jpeg
    823.4 KB · Views: 34
  • IMG_6655.jpeg
    IMG_6655.jpeg
    913 KB · Views: 32
  • IMG_6677.jpeg
    IMG_6677.jpeg
    866.6 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_6678.jpeg
    IMG_6678.jpeg
    775.4 KB · Views: 24
  • 028f7c07-7151-4543-bf04-1befb14d9c4a.jpeg
    028f7c07-7151-4543-bf04-1befb14d9c4a.jpeg
    150.7 KB · Views: 34
  • WhatsApp Image 2023-05-21 à 21.56.22.jpg
    WhatsApp Image 2023-05-21 à 21.56.22.jpg
    833.2 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_6700.jpeg
    IMG_6700.jpeg
    977.2 KB · Views: 29
  • IMG_9103.jpeg
    IMG_9103.jpeg
    664.3 KB · Views: 29

matthias

Mar 14, 2019
Germany
Munich high-End audio show 2023 with Pachanko Labs, Moonriver, Sonner Audio and Oephi Performance Cables
I was really interested to listen to but when I arrived at Saturday morning the guy in the room talked about 15 minutes about the different functions of the phono preamp and I left without any listening :(

Matt

VK-GR

Aug 12, 2022
Fantastic to see the photo of you and THE LEGEND Laurence Dickie!!!! Well done Chan....Hope the show will be a springboard for greater things in audio ;).

Last edited:
Reactions: pachankolabs

Alex Sound Technology

Jun 27, 2022
Windermere, FLORIDA
alexsoundtech.com
We also congratulate Pachanko on his success in Munich!
I also want to confirm the high musicality of the MINI SE server, especially in combination with our Sforzato network players that support the Diretta protocol !!

Over two months ago we took the Pachanko Mini SE to try and were really impressed with its musical capabilities. The way Roon is configured on this server, especially in combination with HQ Player via Diretta!!! wow.
Then we decided to show Pachanko with Sforzato and PLIXIR LPS for the first time in the US at AXPONA-2023, where we received a lot of good feedback from visitors and the press.

Bravo Chan!!!

Alex Sound Technology

Jun 27, 2022
Windermere, FLORIDA
alexsoundtech.com
Some photos from AXPONA-2023

Attachments

• 20230413_200702.jpg
    20230413_200702.jpg
    1,018.8 KB · Views: 22
  • 20230414_095847.jpg
    20230414_095847.jpg
    288 KB · Views: 20
  • 20230415_123515.jpg
    20230415_123515.jpg
    1,023.8 KB · Views: 20
Reactions: pachankolabs

pachankolabs

VIP/Donor
Nov 16, 2020
La Réunion
www.pachankolabs.com
Nice review of Diretta and Pachanko Mini SE Server:

Reactions: bryans

sonner

Oct 1, 2022
New Hampshire
sonneraudio.com
After 8 years in business, this year is the first time Sonner exhibited at Munich High End Show 2023. Only the best matching server and amplifier to our Legato Duo speaker did we trust our first appearance in Europe. Very pleased using Pachanko Labs Mini SE + LPS, musical well-balanced tonality, articulate vocal, fluid musical flow and good music tempo/attack and sustain. It is a pleasure working with Chan, He is a great guy and adds a lot of value in our High End World. The server sets up a great starting point for Moonriver Ref 404 amp which is paired well with Sonner Legato Duo speaker along with Oephi cable. The system synergy is just magical. Not just from our perspectives, PartTimeAudiophile also shares the same thought. Awarded our room Top 11 Best Sound at Munich 23. https://parttimeaudiophile.com/2023/06/02/best-sound-in-munich-munich-2023/

Just give you guys other perspective, we put together this system with our mid-level products: Server + Amp with inside DAC + Speaker around 20k USD. Best of Sound without breaking bank. It is all about system matching or synergy where sometimes 1 + 1 = 4. Sonner Legato Duo with Moonriver Munich23 V3.jpg

Last edited:

pachankolabs

VIP/Donor
Nov 16, 2020
La Réunion
www.pachankolabs.com
After 8 years in business, this year is the first time Sonner exhibited at Munich High End Show 2023. Only the best matching server and amplifier to our Legato Duo speaker did we trust our first appearance in Europe. Very pleased using Pachanko Labs Mini SE + LPS, musical well-balanced tonality, articulate vocal, fluid musical flow and good music tempo/attack and sustain. It is a pleasure working with Chan, He is a great guy and adds a lot of value in our High End World. The server sets up a great starting point for Moonriver Ref 404 amp which is paired well with Sonner Legato Duo speaker along with Oephi cable. The system synergy is just magical. Not just from our perspectives, PartTimeAudiophile also shares the same thought. Awarded our room Top 11 Best Sound at Munich 23. https://parttimeaudiophile.com/2023/06/02/best-sound-in-munich-munich-2023/

Just give you guys other perspective, we put together this system with our mid-level products: Server + Amp with inside DAC + Speaker around 20k USD. Best of Sound without breaking bank. It is all about system matching or synergy where sometimes 1 + 1 = 4. View attachment 112384
Thank you Gunny! It was a great pleasure to work with you as well :)

Reactions: sonner

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu

Steve Williams
Site Founder | Site Owner | Administrator
Ron Resnick
Site Co-Owner | Administrator
Julian (The Fixer)
Website Build | Marketing Managersing