New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

If Dwight lands in a LA and they retain Pau Gasol The Lakers become an instant favorite to win the West. To beat them a team would have to rely on perimeter shooting .. No more slashing and dashing through the middle .. else hard knocks and blocked shots would be your fate. A backcourt with Nash and Kobe is enough to give the entire NBA serious pause if not outright concern ... then you would add DH ... I am salivating ...

If Howard wants to win a ring, signing with LAL is his greatest chance. If he is weary of who is going to be the star or first option when he's in LA, then he needs to stay in Orlando where he will be just that. Shaq moved to LA and got 3 rings, then the first option problem began. Dwight gotta win a ring or 3 first before worrying about his possible spat with Kobe. By that time, Kobe will be 37 anyway and wouldn't really care. :D

Maybe LA will throw in a deal for a new album. That would bring this thread full circle! LOL.

If Howard and Bynum stay where they are at least Bynum has just gotten a jolt of reality. He's no longer a sacred cow whose attitude won't be tolerated anymore. Reality bites Andrew, you are expendable.

Heat To Open Season Against Boston:

http://www.peninsulaismightier.com/2012/7/23/3178352/heat-to-open-season-against-boston-celtics

You gotta love David Stern's stick-it-to-them attitude. :D

Heat will claim their ring and hoist a banner while the C's watch. Of course Allen will not get his ring that day because he was a Celtic. :D Ainge has reloaded the C's this time. Adding Jason Terry and Courtney Lee, while Jeff Green will be back at the 3 or 4. Rookie Sullinger (a projected top 5 who fell to 20 due to back injury worries) looked really good in the summer league. All we need is a center. Or perhaps we don't. Miami doesn't have a center either. :D

LOL

I'd rather seem him called for those 5 steps traveling non-calls and rabbit big hops. :D

He should be called for those.

Love the VDN 'asking for a friend' line

Here's a slow-mo of the 7 steps non call, but to give James the benefit of the doubt, I can see only 5 steps. :D And oh, he was fuming that he was fouled at the end of those 5-7 steps. The NBA should have a new rule on 'galloping'. :D

As my old coach would say, take a bus next time Lebron.

As my old coach would say, take a bus next time Lebron.

LOL.

And, let's not forget his famous quip after fouling out in a tight game. "I don't foul out." He's allowed to gallop and bang people around, but never travels and never fouls out. :D Well, he's the King. :D

He travelled twice in one go! LOL!!!!

He travelled twice in one go! LOL!!!!

The league's gotta allow replays for these. His feet are so fast the refs can't see the pivot foot shifting anymore.

Here's one more compilation. Game 7, Eastern Finals. It's only on replay that you can see that both his feet were lifted up the air, though very light, and hence subtle for the refs to see in real time. We gotta have a 'dedicated ref' just to watch his feet next season. :D

Drives me crazy too when guys who've pulled up their dribble entirely change directions In the lane with steps to cut thru defenders.

The refs also lets Lebron lower his shoulder and charge at will. If anything, they call a foul on the defender when it's Lebron who initiates contact. Called that way he's indefensible (or even more so).

Drives me crazy too when guys who've pulled up their dribble entirely change directions In the lane with steps to cut thru defenders.

The refs also lets Lebron lower his shoulder and charge at will. If anything, they call a foul on the defender when it's Lebron who initiates contact. Called that way he's indefensible (or even more so).

Yeah. The guy gets all these preferential' calls or non-calls even prior to him getting his first ring. Hmmm...I have to wonder why.

It's a good thing I didn't watch the Game 7 against Boston live as these 3 travelling non-calls would have killed me. I just saw the tapes yesterday as I never watched the game after knowing Boston lost. I can just feel how incensed Doc Rivers would be as the sidelines seeing all these travelling non-calls in a pivotal game 7 and that time, the lead was just 1 and it ballooned to 9. Miami could have still won the game if the violations were called but the point is, that's not how we play the game of basketball. Or we might as well throw the rulebook out of the window.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu