New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

I don't understand why Bynum would go to the Cavs rather than to the Magic

Steve, I believe it's not that Bynum would want to go Cleveland but that it's the GMs dealings that would get him there. The GMs of LA, ORL and CLE are talking and somehow the Magic would not want to get Bynum (extension problem, cap space and all) which is why the Magic in turns would want to deal Bynum to Cleveland for something else (players + picks, etc). And I have read Bynum does not want to sign a past 1 year extension in Cleveland either. So they just hit a stonewall.

And now, Kupchak talks extension with Bynum, with LAL.

http://tracking.si.com/2012/07/26/lakers-mitch-kupchak-andrew-bynum-agent/?sct=nba_t2_a5

Yeah but only if he can bring his own coach along :)

Howard is now a certified GM wanna-be. By barking at the ORL front office why they didn't try harder to land him in Brooklyn or LAL. :D He should buy his own team and bust it too. :D

Steve, I believe it's not that Bynum would want to go Cleveland but that it's the GMs dealings that would get him there. The GMs of LA, ORL and CLE are talking and somehow the Magic would not want to get Bynum (extension problem, cap space and all) which is why the Magic in turns would want to deal Bynum to Cleveland for something else (players + picks, etc). And I have read Bynum does not want to sign a past 1 year extension in Cleveland either. So they just hit a stonewall.

And now, Kupchak talks extension with Bynum, with LAL.

http://tracking.si.com/2012/07/26/lakers-mitch-kupchak-andrew-bynum-agent/?sct=nba_t2_a5

Maybe Bynum feels the Cavs would be "his" team, unlike the Lakers that are Kobe's team. Maybe he also thinks he'd fit in with Irvie and be the go to man on the Cavs.

Magic hire Jacque Vaughn as new head coach

ORLANDO, Fla. (AP) — Jacque Vaughn has been hired as the Orlando Magic's next head coach.

The team made the announcement Saturday morning. Vaughn will be introduced formally at a news conference Monday afternoon.

The 37-year-old Vaughn becomes the 10th coach in team history and replaces Stan Van Gundy, who was fired May 21. Vaughn played 12 seasons in the NBA, including 80 games for the Magic in 2002-03. The former Kansas Jayhawks standout has never been a head coach, but comes to Orlando after spending the past two seasons as an assistant in San Antonio.

While with the Spurs he worked alongside Magic general manager Rob Hennigan, who was working then in the team's basketball operations department.

Vaughn won a championship with the Spurs in 2007.

Somehow I'm not that excited bout this guy hitting town. :D

http://www.philstar.com/sportshub/e...publicationSubCategoryId=200&articleId=833594

Spoelstra hits town, excited for return
Home Updated August 01, 2012 03:22 PM 1 comment to this post

Miami Heat coach Erik Spoelstra arrives at the NAIA Terminal 2 today. Photo by Cris Cayanan
Zoom

MANILA, Philippines – Miami Heat coach Erik Spoelstra arrived in the country today, excited to share with his fellow Filipinos his recent triumph in the 2012 NBA Finals.

Spoelstra touched down at the Ninoy Aquino International Airport Terminal 2 in Paranaque via Philippine Airlines flight PR502, which was delayed by about 30 minutes. He flew in from Singapore, the first destination in his Asian tour.

Wearing a blue long-sleeved shirt, Spoelstra greeted the handful of media members and fans who waited for his arrival. He was received by NBA's country manager for the Philippines Carlo Singson.

Fans greeted Spoelstra upon his arrival, with some bringing out their video cameras and cellphones to capture the Filipino-American coach’s return. Spoelstra even stopped briefly to sign some autographs.

“I’m always excited to return,” the soft-spoken Miami Heat mentor told mediamen before being whisked away by security personnel who led him to his coaster.

Spoelstra is scheduled to attend Game 5 of the PBA finals between B-Meg and Rain or Shine at the Smart Araneta Coliseum tonight, where he will be a special guest.

It was Spoelstra's third trip to the country.

Spoelstra’s trip, backed by Gatorade, has been dubbed the “NBA Trophy Tour,” as the coach brought with him the Larry O’ Brien trophy given to NBA champions.

He will grace a press conference tomorrow afternoon at Marriott Manila, followed by an NBA 3X Clinic for teen boys and girls at the Jose Rizal University on August 4 in the morning. This is in preparation for NBA 3X that will take place at the SM MOA from August 17-19.

During his visit, Spoelstra will also have stops at The Block Atrium of SM North Edsa from 2-3 p.m. on August 4; and SM Mall of Asia Music Hall on the same day from 4:30-5:30 p.m.

He will likewise host an interactive viewing party at the SM MOA Center Stage, where the NBA will air an NBA Finals game and fans will be treated to a once-in-a-lifetime viewing experience. The game will be shown on the large movie screen while Spoelstra provides his personal commentary, insights and inside information about the game.

Spoelstra, who traces his roots from San Pablo, Laguna, led the Miami Heat to the 2012 NBA Championship and became the first ever head coach of Asian descent or heritage to win an NBA title.

aa.jpg

A friend on Facebook shared the above photo with the caption:

"This photo came through in my fan email today. These are kids in the Philippines that are trying to hoop despite flooding. Man, this is the true meaning of BASKETBALL NEVER STOPS!"

And the poster was 'KEVIN DURANT'. Thinking that it was someone who used the name of KD, I click on the name and was surprised that it was the official FB page of THE Kevin Durant of OKC.:cool: His latest posts include a picture with Kobe and Tyson Chandler in the Olympic Park, 21 hours ago.

Well, Coach Spo is in town and so was the storm, flooding lots of places in the country. But as we can see, this basketball crazy country plays basketball 24/7/365. :D Err...don't ask me how they dribble. And like Lebron, they CAN travel. :D

Is he still quick? He could score in bunches but was never really consistent. He's also small for a 2.

Is he still quick? He could score in bunches but was never really consistent. He's also small for a 2.

His quickest form was when he was in PHX where his fastbreak sprints would just blow by anyone. But he has since slowed down when in TOR and specially in IND where he averaged 8 points a game. Not too bad for a backup guard.

And I saw Dwight Howard last night, not in a game, but in the movie remake of The Three Stooges. :D

No wonder he's been comical these months, if not tragic. :D

Howard to LAL talks 'rises', again....

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nba--l...rade-talks-to-send-dwight-howard-to-l-a-.html

Lakers, Magic in blockbuster four-team trade talks to send Dwight Howard to L.A.

The Orlando Magic and Los Angeles Lakers are engaged with the Denver Nuggets and Philadelphia 76ers in a four-way blockbuster that could ultimately deliver superstar center Dwight Howard to the Lakers, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

Dwight Howard will become a free agent at the end of this season. (AP)A deal is not considered imminent, but the talks have grown serious over the course of this week, sources said.

There are other players involved in these fluid talks, but a framework of the possible deal includes Howard and Denver forward Al Harrington going to the Lakers, Philadelphia guard Andre Iguodala going to the Nuggets, Los Angeles center Andrew Bynum moving to the 76ers, and Los Angeles forward Pau Gasol and Denver guard Arron Afflalo going to the Magic, sources told Yahoo! Sports.

The Magic would have a better chance of moving Gasol in another deal to get further assets, sources said, and eliminate the risk of Bynum leaving them as a free agent in 2013.

The proposed deal includes the Magic also gaining draft picks and salary-cap relief, sources said.

Orlando, Los Angeles and Philadelphia had discussed a three-way deal, but needed a fourth team to take Iguodala and also provide Orlando with the neccessary future draft picks, sources said. Denver joined the talks in the past week, sources said.

Philadelphia traded its 2013 pick to the Miami Heat, and the Lakers sent two future picks to the Phoenix Suns in the Steve Nash sign-and-trade deal. For Denver, the question could become, how many draft picks are they willing to send to Orlando for Iguodala?

wow

Wonder what Kobe is going to say about Gasol going to the Magic. Nonetheless a good deal IMHO and makes the Lakers contenders again.

So who will play the 4 for Lakers

As they are they are contenders. With Howard the NBA season looks extremely interesting. I wonder what Boston is up to they are too silent ...

Boston has quietly filled in their roster to 15, believe it or not. After having only 4 players on contract at the end of last season, they signed new shooters in Jason Terry and Courtney Lee. The re-signed Bass, Jeff Green and Chris Wilcox (the latter 2 just had heart surgeries). What they do not have is a true good center. Unconsciously, or consciously, they are threading the Heat philosophy of spreading the floor with 3 point rainmakers and having a few tough 'mid-bigs' for their rebounds and defense. We shall see a good one on opening day when the C's visit the Heat. And oh, the C's (based on reports) got 2 bigs in the recent draft, a 4 and a 5, but as rookies, they are all too quickly counted out as reliable players in the rotation. But that 4 guy Sullinger should make a name for himself in a couple of years.

As for the Gasol to Magic planned deal, I knew it would raise lots of eyebrows in LA land. Bringing in a Harrington will disrupt the LA frontline sans Gasol, but as it is, a team with Nash, Kobe and Howard is very very potent enough. And I hope it's enough to beat the Heat. :D

I wonder if this milk brand is gonna sell more after this Kendrick commercial. :D
Gee, when he smiled in the end, he didn't look like himself. :)

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu