New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Congratulations to your Lakers, Steve. Mitch really can spin a deal. Keeping Gasol is a BIG thing. Twin towers. Great scorer. Great PG. What else can you have? :)

The pressure now is on Mike Brown to form this team into a champion. Lookout, OKC and MIA. :D

WOW!

OK

Now we have an NBA season for the ages... I think Mike Brown may have an NBA championsip on his resume despite himself :) .. The thing is Bob Simmons had predicted this all along ... He's a Boston reporter all right but one of my favorite sports writer...

Kobe, Nash, Howard and Gasol !! WOW.. This just made my day!!

Last edited:
I'm sure LAL does not disappoint their fans. Even in the 70s they got Wilt from Philly, then Kareem from the Bucks, then Shaq from Orlando, now Howard from Orlando. Orlando gets zapped twice. :D

Now, let's see what Howard's contract extension is like. 3-5 years maybe and for LA's sake, he shouldn't do a Shaq ego-fest with Kobe. If he becomes himself, tantrum thrower and trade requester and all, Mitch will be on the drawing boards again. I wonder what Pat Riley is thinking now? :D

WOW too. And they keep Gasol! How'd they do that?

Nets package was much better for Orlando IMO. And yeah, Mike B might win a title despite himself. Let Nash coach the offense and Howard run the D and Kobe do everything else. Best if MB stays planted on the bench.

WOW too. And they keep Gasol! How'd they do that?

Nets package was much better for Orlando IMO. And yeah, Mike B might win a title despite himself. Let Nash coach the offense and Howard run the D and Kobe do everything else. Best if MB stays planted on the bench.

Mitch Kupchak must have wielded a magic wand. He got Steve Nash for a few future picks, and now Howard for letting out Bynum plus a future pick. I don't know if LAL have any more picks left in the coming 4 years but I think they don't care. :)

Mitch Kupchak must have wielded a magic wand. He got Steve Nash for a few future picks, and now Howard for letting out Bynum plus a future pick. I don't know if LAL have any more picks left in the coming 4 years but I think they don't care. :)

Yep, now's not a bad time to win :) They'll deal with the future when it gets here.

Amazing too is that all of the picks Orlando received are lottery protected, the Philly pick is in 2015 at the earliest, the Lakers 2017.

Hi

An entertaining article from one of my Favorite Sports Writer

http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/8254854/mailbag

yes, nice article. in the midst of all the laker jubilation, he still found something to cheer about as a celtic fan - the celtic draft pick who was supposed to be in the top 5 if not for the back problem in college. thanks for making me feel better too, bill. :D

Amazing too is that all of the picks Orlando received are lottery protected, the Philly pick is in 2015 at the earliest, the Lakers 2017.

i imagine that mitch kupchak did all the phone calling, burning the midnight oil to hook up with 3 GMs and successfully wheeled through this kind of a deal. he gotta be the executive of the year this coming season. :)

Notice how team USA now plays more "Euro" type basketball than the Europeans. Aside from traditional team defense and quick transition points, I've never seen a team USA rely on so much accurate 3 point shooting, a trait more in line with the European teams. I credit the influx of foreign players into the NBA so you know see 6'10 guys like Kevin Durant and Kevin Love, among others, hitting the three ball consistently.

Notice how team USA now plays more "Euro" type basketball than the Europeans. Aside from traditional team defense and quick transition points, I've never seen a team USA rely on so much accurate 3 point shooting, a trait more in line with the European teams. I credit the influx of foreign players into the NBA so you know see 6'10 guys like Kevin Durant and Kevin Love, among others, hitting the three ball consistently.

Well, I guess 3 point accuracy is now basketball's latest 'in thing'. Miami used this philosophy in the recent title series and in fact added 2 more long snipers in Allen and Lewis. Team USA is just following that line started by the Euro players that if you can sink them, might as well try them all night long. And that is the best way to counter the zone allowed by FIBA, beat the double team via 3's. Umm. how bout moving the 3 point line a few feet back? :D

The clearer view:

Final tally on what each team gave up & received in Howard trade-

Lakers: In- Dwight Howard, Chris Duhon, Earl Clark. Out- Andrew Bynum, Josh McRoberts, Christian Eyenga, conditional first-round pick in 2017, conditional second-round pick in 2015

Magic: In- Arron Afflalo, Al Harrington, first-round pick in 2014, second-round pick in 2013 (from Nuggets); Nikola Vucevic, Moe Harkless, conditional first-round pick (from 76ers); Josh McRoberts, Christian Eyenga, conditional first-round pick in 2017, conditional second-round pick in 2015 (from Lakers). Out- Dwight Howard, Chris Duhon, Earl Clark, Jason Richardson.

76ers: In- Andrew Bynum and Jason Richardson.
Out- Andre Iguodala, Nikola Vucevic, Moe Harkless, conditional first-round pick.

Nuggets: In- Andre Iguodala.
Out- Arron Afflalo, Al Harrington, first-round pick in 2014, second-round pick in 2013.

Kobe's reaction, from, of all places, celticslife.com:

about 10 hours ago

Courtney Lee: Signing with Boston Celtics a ‘no-brainer’
Read Post Comment Like
+ 130CL_logo_normal.png
CelticsLife.com

about 11 hours ago

Kobe Bryant chimes in on the D12 trade: "Well, it looks like Superman has found a home. I wish nothing but the best for Big Bynum. I hope he follows what was a great season last year with an even better one next year. I know LA is excited about the deal and rightfully so. The Lakers landed a piece that will hopefully carry the franchise long after I'm gone. I have spoken to Dwight Howard already and we are locked and loaded to bring back the title. Wow, what a summer Jimmy and Mitch have had so far. Unreal! I'm focused on our semifinal game vs Argentina but I had to pause for a few to send you my thoughts, in case you were curious.."

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu