New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

So this:

Arron Afflalo, Al Harrington, first-round pick in 2014, second-round pick in 2013 (from Nuggets); Nikola Vucevic, Moe Harkless, conditional first-round pick (from 76ers); Josh McRoberts, Christian Eyenga, conditional first-round pick in 2017, conditional second-round pick in 2015 (from Lakers)

vs the Nets offer:

Lopez, Humphries (1 year, $9.6M), Brooks, 4 unprotected No. 1's for Howard, JRich, Duhon, Clark.

This is a joke right?

Hi

Great organizations are that o-r-g-a-n-i-z-a-t-i-o-n. They have a structure working for them. One of the unheralded but to me most important is the scouting department. They research and look for players and theirs are staffed by people who understand basketball. They go our and regularly snatch players nobody truly believes in or do not pay attention enough to... Lakers, Celtics, Spurs, Bulls (Taking Scottie Pipen for example from the Seattle Supersonics and giving them Olden Polynice ) and more recently Thunders, Timberwolves and Nuggets ... And they do it consistently , who knew how great Raja Rondo was, could be only the Celtics.. Not a Fluke and this kid they got from the second Round (allegedly bad back) is poised to create a lot of trouble in the NBA ... The Nets have the money but not the organization, else they should have nabbed Howard and more , the man wanted to play for them.. The Magic have given up the season and are re-building something it seems great organizations don't do.. Not the Lakers,not the Celts at any given moments they surge and you find them in the quarter finals or the finals ... I am not surprised.
Now there are numerous teams to beat on the way to the Finals .. Lakers (I put them at no 1,their time windows is closing , they all have a sense of urgency, maybe not D12), The Heat of course they're the Champions, The OKC, The Vice-Champions and now they know what it takes, The Spurs, never out of contention, The Celts, I hate them but they are the Celts after all with a young squad and seasoned veterans , please do look at their roster and see how strong the team seems to be, still need a back to the basket pounding center a la Perkins .. This could be one of the best season ever... I am going to buy one of those gigantic LED Flat TV (video purist be damned !!!) and prepare myself for basketball and Football

So this:

Arron Afflalo, Al Harrington, first-round pick in 2014, second-round pick in 2013 (from Nuggets); Nikola Vucevic, Moe Harkless, conditional first-round pick (from 76ers); Josh McRoberts, Christian Eyenga, conditional first-round pick in 2017, conditional second-round pick in 2015 (from Lakers)

vs the Nets offer:

Lopez, Humphries (1 year, $9.6M), Brooks, 4 unprotected No. 1's for Howard, JRich, Duhon, Clark.

This is a joke right?

we non-lakers fan can only shake our heads at how mitch pulled this deal off. but through the weeks when i kept reading the lakers-howard talks keep surfacing and sinking and then surfacing again, i had a gut feel that the mitch would finally succeed in nabbing howard. there is a resiliency that one does not read anywhere. nets were dilly-dallying, hence the hammer is pouncing on their heads. but again, how mitch talked to 3 gm's is incredible ability and savvy in his handling of the job. i mean, why would denver and philly want to help out mitch and the lakers get into title favorites overnight with a howard acquisition? that is even more baffling to me.

I think it was a good deal for both Philly and the Nuggs. Bynum is from the Philly area and will hopefully resign and build the future team around him much the same as the Nuggs will do

Magic was the only team to come up short handed. They, no doubt will be doing a complete rebuild of their team

I think it was a good deal for both Philly and the Nuggs. Bynum is from the Philly area and will hopefully resign and build the future team around him much the same as the Nuggs will do

Magic was the only team to come up short handed. They, no doubt will be doing a complete rebuild of their team

Yes, the team who traded the best player got the least. The trade should have been the foundation of the rebuild, instead it's some minor players and conditional picks. Nets trade would have been a foundation.

And yeah Jadis, kudos to Mitch for his savvy and tenacity in pulling it off. I'm just kinda sick of laker championships :). Four of five starters are all stars. Oy vey!

<snip> I'm just kinda sick of laker championships :). Four of five starters are all stars. Oy vey!

Heeey!! Don't hate us because we're beautiful! That's what we do ... :cool:

:)

That's the way I read it plus salary dump. But with the lottery picks protected, and these all being winning teams, what are they really going to get out of the deal? Alot of bodies--that is unless they package these picks for other players?

That's the way I read it plus salary dump. But with the lottery picks protected, and these all being winning teams, what are they really going to get out of the deal? Alot of bodies--that is unless they package these picks for other players?

Except the deal was salary neutral -- they didn't clear any cap space

Except the deal was salary neutral -- they didn't clear any cap space

Salary maybe but didn't they dump Richardson's contract?

One can never get enough Laker championships Bob

As Doug Collins said yesterday about the Lakers acquiring some great players but late in their careers, they are trying to maximize the remainder of Kobe's career

One can never get enough Laker championships Bob

same way as one (me literally) :) cannot get enough of celtic titles. :D

well, in case of a highly probably heat-lakers title match, i'm going to root for the lakers, for only the second time in my life. first time was '82, during the sixers-lakers series. i hated the sixers for beating the c's in 7 games at the eastern series that i vowed to root for any western team that faces them. and that was the time when silk wilkes would drain it a lot of open shots. i even asked my cousin in sf to find me an orange la championship t-shirt after they won the title.:D this coming season, i hope history repeats itself and the heat gets destroyed by this fab 4 la team. but, in case the wild card c's get into the finals against la, that will be the problem. i won't be ordering any orange t-shirts. :D btw, if la wins another, it will be their 18th (if you include those from minneapolis), ) tying the c's banners.

Salary maybe but didn't they dump Richardson's contract?

Yeah, but between Affalos new contract and Harringtons existing I think the number dumped and gained is around 30 in a similar timeframe

Hey guys. Think it's time to start a new thread for the new season? ;)

USA wins the GOLD and defeats a real gutsy Spanish team 107-100

Gotta hand it to LBJ who won it with 4 fouls but how about KD who finishes this Olympics as the top scorer with 157 points

Great medal for Coach K who hangs it up as the USA coach

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu