New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

I think the other noteworthy observation is that the Nets have been on a roll lately as both Kyrie and KD have been playing well together.

Case in point, Kyrie sinks a buzzer beating 3 to defeat the Raptors in Toronto for their 5th win in a row and putting them in 4th place in the EC where things are tightening up

Kyrie has certainly been showing up with his A game

Reactions: christoph
what a game last night once again between Pels and Suns. I turned it off when the Pels were up 24 and saying to myself that the Pells have arrived. Well I awakened to find that Booker scored 58 points to power the Suns to win 118-114
That last period must have been fantastic

• Wow
Reactions: jadis
quite a tight are in the WC where only 5 games separate the top 10 teams whereas in the EC 5 games separate the top 5 teams.

I cannot remember ever a year where most every team is close to, slightly above or slightly below .500 and still all be contenders

Reactions: jadis and christoph
I'd love to see Kyle Kuzma return to the Lakers...........

Kyle Kuzma might miss the Los Angeles weather, but will that matter when deciding his future?

I'd love to see Kyle Kuzma return to the Lakers...........

Kyle Kuzma might miss the Los Angeles weather, but will that matter when deciding his future?

He's WAAAAYYYYYYY too young to fall into LeBum's loot scheme :p

C's lost to Magic again. The young big players are playing very well for Orlando, the 2 Wagner brothers are bruisers who can shoot. And the rookie Banchero nailed six 3 balls

Why is it that foot injuries seem to be the injury that finishes the careers of so many Bigs" Going back in modern era when Bill Walton had a chronic foot problem after an injury. So AD finally got healthy after so many other injuries and Lakers were at least winning a few . But now he's out at least a month.........with a foot injury. They should have traded him and LeBron last year

Having said that, at home in the 2nd period with 7:05 left in the half, Lakers lead Washington 47-39

Reports: Anthony Davis out at least 1 month with right foot injury

Davis apparently got hurt when he landed awkwardly after a layup attempt in the 1st half of L.A.'s 126-108 victory over Denver

• Sad
Why is it that foot injuries seem to be the injury that finishes the careers of so many Bigs" Going back in modern era when Bill Walton had a chronic foot problem after an injury. So AD finally got healthy after so many other injuries and Lakers were at least winning a few . But now he's out at least a month.........with a foot injury. They should have traded him and LeBron last year

Having said that, at home in the 2nd period with 7:05 left in the half, Lakers lead Washington 47-39

Reports: Anthony Davis out at least 1 month with right foot injury

Davis apparently got hurt when he landed awkwardly after a layup attempt in the 1st half of L.A.'s 126-108 victory over Denver

True, Steve. Big men get the foot injuries. If I'm not mistaken, Sam Bowie and Yao Ming are others.

Reactions: steve williams
Lakers equal their 2nd longest win streak of the year last night (2 games) as they beat the lowly Wizards whoo have lost 10 in a row. ''Hottest teams now are Knicks, Nets and Magic. I believe the Nets will be in the mix at the end of the season as Kyrie and KD are playing great together. It seems all teams are looking over their shoulder sas most teams are playing .500 at the best This is quite a year. So far only a few games separate the leader fro the 10 spot so things are competitive such that on any given day, any team can prevail over its opponent. Parity is the best I can ever remember

Reactions: christoph and jadis
I thought this was a great read and look who is sitting at number 1.........

NBA MVP straw poll: Luka? Giannis? Tatum? 100 league insiders make their picks

• Wow
  • Sad
Ja Morant and the Grizzhave risen to the top of the heap.....

Power Rankings, Week 10: Grizzlies move into No. 1 spot

See where all 30 teams rank as we enter Week 10 of the 2022-23 season.

Reactions: jadis and christoph
I think the other noteworthy observation is that the Nets have been on a roll lately as both Kyrie and KD have been playing well together.

Case in point, Kyrie sinks a buzzer beating 3 to defeat the Raptors in Toronto for their 5th win in a row and putting them in 4th place in the EC where things are tightening up

Kyrie has certainly been showing up with his A game
Saw the Nets beat the Hawks at Barclay a couple of weeks ago -- Kyrie still does amazing, unique things, but we'll see if he's still playing in a few months.

The Bulls have me in a deep, dark cave. :(

Last edited:
another reality check last night dfor the Lakers as they play without their big 3 who are all injured. They get crushed at Phoenix but at least no changes in the LeBron scoring saga

Pels also returning to reality in their past few games where they have lost 4 and have dropped out of 1st to 4th place

Best record in the NBA now owned by the Bucks who are 0.5 games ahead of the Celts who also have had their share of losses

in the west 5 games separate the top 11 teams and in the east 5 games separate the top 6 teams. As the season wears on the play in group will be all lobbying for position as things change only slightly in the west

I have no idea who will emerge from the west but it is going to be someone different unless the Suns get back to their winning ways

And this one is a bitter pill to swallow. On the road at Net York the GSW lose again

Warriors are 3-15 on the road. Who would ever imagine that. They are 1 game ahead of the Lakers. Now that’s really unthinkable.

• Sad
I just checked the standings and the Warriors have the worst road record in the NBA. Even the Rockets have a better road record.

I noticed Dallas also can’t win on the road 3-11

Bottom line is this league really seems up for grabs.

• Wow
Ive been impressed with the Knicks lately. FWIW they are the hottest team in the league now with an 8 game win streak and crushing the GSW yesterday.

it seems that alll of th teams rthat have risen to the top of the heap all have Lakers cast offs who were traded so that Lakers could improve their own team but rather served to elevate the other teams. Think Pels, Bulls, Knicks, Washington etc

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu