New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Stevie, Phil, What's the banner count between the Lakers and the Celtics now?

Stevie, Phil, What's the banner count between the Lakers and the Celtics now?
Jack, I believe it a tie, 17 each. If we count the 5 titles Lakers won in Minnesota. I'm a Celtic, so I think that way. Lol

• Haha
Reactions: steve williams
Hahahahah OMG Tie Breaker!!!!

Hahahahah OMG Tie Breaker!!!!
I don't think it's good for my heart and nerves to see a Celtics Lakers finals so I need to find some islands with no wifi or TV. :D The last time the Celtics beat the Lakers, game 6 of 2008, I purposely drove to a place with no TV and kill time till the game ended. But a friend called me to say we're up by 30 points halfway in the 4th quarter, so I hurried home and opened the TV and saw a frenzied Garden which I last saw in 1986. :D Cheap thrills.

I don't think it's good for my heart and nerves to see a Celtics Lakers finals so I need to find some islands with no wifi or TV. :D The last time the Celtics beat the Lakers, game 6 of 2008, I purposely drove to a place with no TV and kill time till the game ended. But a friend called me to say we're up by 30 points halfway in the 4th quarter, so I hurried home and opened the TV and saw a frenzied Garden which I last saw in 1986. :D Cheap thrills.
I think you are probably safe this season.

• Haha
Reactions: jadis
I think coach Mazulla must have heard me, in telepathy. :D
Grant Williams played 29 minutes, hit 4 3 balls, had 4 assists and 4 rebounds. Far cry from his DNP for several weeks. Tough, strong guy who can play defense.

On to Philly where C's need to win at least 1 game. :D

Not safe by any means. This game is long over and in the refrigerator

Boston up by 30 with 8:36 left in game

100-70
Yeah, what happened there? Boston looked done.

As usual, Embiid comes across as the 7' tall Chris Paul. Sucks in the post season. Not making anyone better. Two steps away from an injury.

Who's really the best player in the league? Ask who shows up in the post season and start there since winning is all that matters.

As usual, Embiid comes across as the 7' tall Chris Paul. Sucks in the post season. Not making anyone better. Two steps away from an injury.

Who's really the best player in the league? Ask who shows up in the post season and start there since winning is all that matters.
I've seen Embiid poured 42 points over the Celtics in the past. So he could be what he could be. Imo, when he was absent on Game 1, Harden knew he was the main man, and that gave him more leeway to do what he does best. Now, has has to 'look' for Embiid since the big man is their main asset. And Boston found a way to stay aggressive defensively and most important, rained in 43 points from the 3 line. I've always felt this league is about who's shots are dropping in. If one team has a bad shooting night, it's about all over. And each game can be different. Agree, the best player is the one who makes his team wins in the playoffs, it's as simple as that.

I just read an article about the 'strategy' of the Lakers' coaching staff in making LeBron NOT play PG. I've been wondering all along why or how a coach cannot tell him to do that. That's what happened when they had Lonzo Ball, who is a born PG, and Westbrook, who really looks lost taking shots off the ball, he's no Klay. :D The article mentioned that this strategy preserves LeBron's energy and let the PGs do their job. And it was successful in the Grizzlies series and Game 1 over the Warriors. Gotta hand it to Ham.

so who's going to win it all

For me the big question is whether the Lakers ( as I believe they can beat GSW) can beat Denver (as I anticipate the Suns will lose that series) . If....and it's a big If, as Denver has a lot of talent.......I still feel Boston will win the EC.....but if Lakers win the West (pardon me while I choke ) I would love to see a Boston Lakers finals...That would be the rematch of all ages.Silver as you said would be at every game and the series would be telecast around the world. I believe it would go 7 games but would Boston win.;)

Reactions: jadis
I never said Celtics were done. I said for the first time this year I saw some flaws in their offense But once again it is a Best of 7. Tonight proved Boston is back where they belong which is far from done

For me the big question is whether the Lakers ( as I believe they can beat GSW) can beat Denver (as I anticipate the Suns will lose that series) . If....and it's a big If, as Denver has a lot of talent.......I still feel Boston will win the EC.....but if Lakers win the West (pardon me while I choke ) I would love to see a Boston Lakers finals...That would be the rematch of all ages.Silver as you said would be at every game and the series would be telecast around the world. I believe it would go 7 games but would Boston win.;)
Steve, I'm happy if the Celtics Lakers rivalry stayed at this point. Everybody happy. No tension, no cardiac threats. :D

And Celtics are missing this one big guy, who unfortunately got injured before the season started, Danilo Gallinari.

Screenshot_20230504-131314_Facebook.jpg

I thought this synopsis is spot on. I would take it further by stating that in these playoffs the Lakers go as AD goes. He is performing like an MVP and if he can maintain it without injury the Lakers will be a force. As to how far they can go..........well???

LeBron? Steph? Lakers-Warriors series may come down to Anthony Davis

With big men taking center stage during these playoffs, Anthony Davis takes on added importance for Los Angeles.

• Wow
Must win game of Warriors. The need to find a way to win. Defense of LA pretty tight.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu