New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Terrific game at The Garden where there were so many ties and lead changes as Harden played really well but the absence of Joel Embiid was felt. Tatum and Green were hitting from everywhere and Celtics seem to just play well enough to win. IOW they never seem stressed or worried about the outcome and on an errant pass which was one pass too many the ball was stolen and Sixers score on the breakaway to take the lead 114-113 with 28 secs left. Tatum is fouled and makes both FT's to take the lead 115-114 with 26 seconds left . Harden nails a long three and Sixers lead 117-115 with 8 seconds in the game. Tatum commits a foul and Sixers make both FT's

Final 119-115 as Sixers steal the home court . Harden scores 45 and showed great leadership without Embiid

Reactions: jadis
Terrific game at The Garden where there were so many ties and lead changes as Harden played really well but the absence of Joel Embiid was felt. Tatum and Green were hitting from everywhere and Celtics seem to just play well enough to win. IOW they never seem stressed or worried about the outcome and on an errant pass which was one pass too many the ball was stolen and Sixers score on the breakaway to take the lead 114-113 with 28 secs left. Tatum is fouled and makes both FT's to take the lead 115-114 with 26 seconds left . Harden nails a long three and Sixers lead 117-115 with 8 seconds in the game. Tatum commits a foul and Sixers make both FT's

Final 119-115 as Sixers steal the home court . Harden scores 45 and showed great leadership without Embiid
Harden is the man. Hats off.

Reactions: steve williams
I wonder if KD is missing Dreymond right now.

Rest is the Key. Good strategy by Kerr. Steph was a water bug in game 7.

Stephen A favors the Warriors over the Lakers, in 6.

Perkins picks Lakers, but of course. He picked them to win the WC title, or is it the NBA title itself?

• Haha
Reactions: steve williams
Perkins: "LeBron is going to destroy Andrew Wiggins. " That caused Tim Legler to give a light chuckle.

Since he brought it up, if I am Andrew Wiggins, it's a good chance to prove himself, after all, he was 'traded' by LeBron James for Kevin Love, even before he could suit up his original uniform. :D

Stephen A favors the Warriors over the Lakers, in 6.

Perkins picks Lakers, but of course. He picked them to win the WC title, or is it the NBA title itself?

I think it will be a good series and if the Lakers play like they did to close out Memphis, I believe the Lakers can beat the GSW

What I can say after watching Denver easily handle the Suns and go up 2-0, the Nuggets have everything it takes to win the championship. I have been saying all year that the title will go to Boston and the EC . Well if Nuggs advance to finals they have what it takes to win it all

I think it will be a good series and if the Lakers play like they did to close out Memphis, I believe the Lakers can beat the GSW

What I can say after watching Denver easily handle the Suns and go up 2-0, the Nuggets have everything it takes to win the championship. I have been saying all year that the title will go to Boston and the EC . Well if Nuggs advance to finals they have what it takes to win it all
Sad to say Steve, the fans themselves don't believe this Celtics team is the same as last year. Still making turnovers in critical times. Blowing a winnable game twice is not a good sign. Defense is not as solid as last year, imo.

Last night was the first game that I saw issues with the Celtics. That last play of theirs where the ball was passed around 5-6 times before it was picked off and the rest is history. They just didn't have what it takes to beat the Sixers without Embiid. That was a surprise loss, coupled with what I saw in the Denver game, showed me the Nuggs are for real and have a good chance to win it all

Reactions: jadis
Last night was the first game that I saw issues with the Celtics. That last play of theirs where the ball was passed around 5-6 times before it was picked off and the rest is history. They just didn't have what it takes to beat the Sixers without Embiid. That was a surprise loss, coupled with what I saw in the Denver game, showed me the Nuggs are for real and have a good chance to win it all
They need a new passing coach.

Memphis is almost of one of my teams. Kind of.
Actually, more of an interest team, as my compatriot Steven Adams was always good to watch (and listen to).

Eliminating Brooks is a good move.
I remember him losing game 4 of the conference semis v GS last year.
5 of 19, lost by 3, now down 3-1.
How does a coach let a guy continue to shoot them out of the game?

I have to admit that Embiid was the best choice but to have any of the other choices or him on your team would be welcome

76ers center Joel Embiid wins 2022-23 Kia NBA Most Valuable Player award​

The Cameroon native bests fellow finalists Nikola Jokic and Giannis Antetokounmpo to win the award for the 1st time in his career.

Reactions: christoph and jadis
Shame that Butler sits this one out as Miami shooting only 38% yet hold a 38-35 lead over knicks.
Amazing. Using the Heat system of play. Lowry is still dangerous. Everyone knows how to play D.

Looking at the Heat starting 5, I got curious and looked up their salaries. 4 of them -Love, Martin, Strus and Vincent have a combined salary of around $13m. Amazing how Riley gets these kinds of players, in the mold of John Starks, Anthony Mason and Joel Anthony.

• Wow
Reactions: christoph
I have to admit that Embiid was the best choice but to have any of the other choices or him on your team would be welcome

76ers center Joel Embiid wins 2022-23 Kia NBA Most Valuable Player award​

The Cameroon native bests fellow finalists Nikola Jokic and Giannis Antetokounmpo to win the award for the 1st time in his career.

Embiid is very likeable, works hard for every shot. But a funny stat I heard the other night is that he fell down to the floor 23 times in the first half of a game against the Nets. That was a record of sorts, for a big big man at that.

• Wow
Reactions: christoph
Another undrafted player, Haywood Highsmith, whom I've never heard of before, is being used by Spo in the rotation, off the bench - has 5 points now and 1 three ball.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu