New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

It’s a thing called Jimmy Butler. and Kyle Lowry
I was about to say the same thing. Before that game, I told my son Lowry is a sleeping bomb. Can do 5 points but when he does 20 points, it's going to kill the opponent.

Okay, scrap that. I see now. Max hits a couple.
Love, Butler.
16 point swing in 5'30"
Heat up by 8
And Duncan Robinson didn't do nothing, yet, in this game. Lol

There are still many games ahead for him

Last edited:
Spo after the game. And that said it all about why I feel they are ever dangerous.

"It’s the playoffs, number one. You expect it to be tough," coach Erik Spoelstra said. "Two, just because the regular season didn’t go the way we wanted it to go or other people wanted it to go, doesn’t mean we weren’t developing grit and tough habits and good things. It wasn’t just from the play-in.”

And I've always been a believer in Pat Riley teams. Even past Showtime. He coached a Knicks team of some CBA players, to battle Jordan hard, and on another year, reached the finals. This Heat lineup has 2 little know starters, maybe even undrafted, who are doing the jobs like those multiple million contacts players. Vincent and Strus. Each getting $1.8m a year. Amazing vision to get them. And Spo did the rest. Trusting these players.

Lakers vs Dubs OH WOW!

No predictions here! So GSW wins over the super speedsters that are the Kings by forcing the Kings to play more half court ball. They just couldn't keep up with them playing transition heavy games on both sides of the floor. Looney was the guy that made this possible. Now they face the Lakers who they can outpace but now have giants against them on the front court that can slow GSW down. Kind of the opposite situation. If Defense Davis shows up and Vanderbilt's got his back, I'm expecting a big cut in GSW fast breaks. This may just be the Basketball equivalent of Sugar Ray vs Marvelous Marvin. For the record, much as I was rooting for Leonard I thought Hagler won that until the moment the scorecards were announced.

Last year my "favorite dude" award went to GP2. The year before that was Ja. Man I am loving Austin Reaves. He's like a baby Jerry West. :)

Early on, I have the reverse view than Steve's. I didn't feel Kings can beat the Lakers. For the same reasons they didn't beat the Warriors. Assuming Denver get past Phoenix, I don't feel they can beat the Lakers or the Warriors even. Track records of experience is what I bank on. There's a lot of fantastic individual performers out there, but bottom line is how to win a 7 game series. The veterans of LA and Golden State have been there. Don't look now but suddenly the Heat is on track to be in the Eastern Finals. As I said before, they were 1 failed 3 ball away from it last year. The smaller names are getting very very comfy for the Heat. They've got nothing to lose. Less pressure. That same pressure wilted Memphis and Sacramento. That's one of the biggest factor in playoff basketball, pressure.

Reactions: steve williams
Early on, I have the reverse view than Steve's. I didn't feel Kings can beat the Lakers. For the same reasons they didn't beat the Warriors. Assuming Denver get past Phoenix, I don't feel they can beat the Lakers or the Warriors even. Track records of experience is what I bank on. There's a lot of fantastic individual performers out there, but bottom line is how to win a 7 game series. The veterans of LA and Golden State have been there. Don't look now but suddenly the Heat is on track to be in the Eastern Finals. As I said before, they were 1 failed 3 ball away from it last year. The smaller names are getting very very comfy for the Heat. They've got nothing to lose. Less pressure. That same pressure wilted Memphis and Sacramento. That's one of the biggest factor in playoff basketball, pressure.
What is amazing is that a 5,6,7and 8 team are in the semifinals

Reactions: jadis
What is amazing is that a 5,6,7and 8 team are in the semifinals
True. They're based on regular season rankings. But as Spo said, their regular season didn't go as planned. But they have the pieces, and they have the experience and pedigree. I'm more surprised at the Nets being at number 6, which was even number 3 before Kyrie was traded.

In about 10 hours begin another chapter of a rivalry that I grew up with, and it started 42 years ago, the 1981 Eastern Conference Finals between Bird and Dr. J.
Celtics came back from a 1-3 deficit to win game 7 at the Boston Garden. I must have seen this hundreds of times and it never ceases to give me goosebumps. This is why I'm stuck in old school basketball.

• Haha
In about 10 hours begin another chapter of a rivalry that I grew up with, and it started 42 years ago, the 1981 Eastern Conference Finals between Bird and Dr. J.
Celtics came back from a 1-3 deficit to win game 7 at the Boston Garden. I must have seen this hundreds of times and it never ceases to give me goosebumps. This is why I'm stuck in old school basketball.

The real rivalry, in fact the one which put the NBA on the map was the Bird-Magic rivalry and ultimately the arrival of MJ

Reactions: jadis
The real rivalry, in fact the one which put the NBA on the map was the Bird-Magic rivalry and ultimately the arrival of MJ
And Lakers had their own mini rivalry with the Sixers, beating them in 1980 and 1982 but losing in 1983 when Moses Malone came and promised FO FO FO. Then came the Celtics and the Lakers, for me, a true Clash of the Titans matchup.

Steve - Lakers or Warriors now?
I really believe the Lakers can beat the Warriors in a 7 game series. I had my doubts as to whether they could beat the Kings. If Lakers can play the type of close out game they did against Memphis I believe they will win

Steph Curry did what stars are supposed to do. He put the team on his back and carried them to the next round. However, that was probably the performance of a lifetime. Not even fouls could stop him Better competition and the law of averages could defeat him. But who knows. It's Steph Curry.

Steph Curry did what stars are supposed to do. He put the team on his back and carried them to the next round. However, that was probably the performance of a lifetime. Not even fouls could stop him Better competition and the law of averages could defeat him. But who knows. It's Steph Curry.
For me the Lakers Warriors series is a win win. I prefer a Lakers win but in the absence of such, the GSW have always been my back up team and Steph my favorite

Steph made me revaluate my bias against shooters (Kobe, too.) I though the answer was to make him drive to the basket. He frequently gets fouled and winds up with three points anyway.

Great discussion on Bill Simmon's podcast about whether this post season will put Steph above Kobe and into the Bird/Magic group all time (which is just below MJ, LBJ and Kareem). I'm ready to do it but then I think about how in a series of games with all great players in the Olympics, it was Kobe that brought them to victory. Fun topic. No real answer.

Reactions: Gregadd

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu