New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Another undrafted player, Haywood Highsmith, whom I've never heard of before, is being used by Spo in the rotation, off the bench - has 5 points now and 1 three ball.
Still lots of game and too close to call. Butler is a game changer. He will be. missed in the 2nd half

I think it will be a good series and if the Lakers play like they did to close out Memphis, I believe the Lakers can beat the GSW

What I can say after watching Denver easily handle the Suns and go up 2-0, the Nuggets have everything it takes to win the championship. I have been saying all year that the title will go to Boston and the EC . Well if Nuggs advance to finals they have what it takes to win it all
I called the unsexy Nuggs to come out of the West at the start of the Season and still believe this to be true based on Murray's return and to some extent Porter Jr. Murray left a very big impression on me in his performance in the bubble. Sadly for the Suns, the OTHER guy that made a huge impression on me and also got sidelined by injury is still injured. That would be former Pacer (Boohoo) TJ Warren. These guys when healthy are true all star caliber scorers each having gone off for 40+ point games with efficiency in the playoffs. Murray is every bit as scary as Fox IMO he just uses slickness instead of lightning speed. Warren was a fast tall wing. Great for allowing rest for either Booker or KD or joining them when Ayton sits.

A healthy and complete Nuggets team is the scarier to me than the 76ers and Boston.

My sentimentality is for the Dubs as far as all remaining teams go but I think they are just too small. People say they were small last year but they are even smaller now.

Heat just couldn't keep the lead and there were 13 ties and 15 lead changes however 4th quarter was all Brunson and his long 3's which took over the game

Knicks even the series. If Butler had played the Heat would be up 2-0

Final Knicks 111-105

Reactions: christoph and jadis
Two best teams in the league. This is the finals.
At the back of my mind I share the same feelings. This is the kind of stuff that Adam Silver loves. Imagine globally, the coverage , of this glittering matchup. I've read that courtside seats in LA are hitting record highs, for games 3 and 4. There is a live FB channel here that has 400k viewers, and there are 2 more live feeds with very high viewership. Call it 'glamor' basketball.

4th period was the best I've ever seen in years

Lakers roll to a 14 point lead and had the game won until Steph and Klay and Poole hit all 3's and tie the game with 1:36 left at 112-112

Davis takes the final rebound and Lakers take the lead at 115-112 with 4.7 seconds left in game

Lakers have possession and Schroder is fouled and closes out the game

Lakers steal game one but man were they lucky they had that 14 point bulge

Final Lakers 117-112

Laker are 15-4 in last 19 games

• Sad
Reactions: christoph
4th period was the best I've ever seen in years

Lakers roll to a 14 point lead and had the game won until Steph and Klay and Poole hit all 3's and tie the game with 1:36 left at 112-112

Davis takes the final rebound and Lakers take the lead at 115-112 with 4.7 seconds left in game

Lakers have possession and Schroder is fouled and closes out the game

Lakers steal game one but man were they lucky they had that 14 point bulge

Final Lakers 117-112

Laker are 15-4 in last 19 games
Perkins, 1 point. He needs 11 more to fulfill his prediction. The guy is not a clown after all. :D

• Haha
Reactions: steve williams
AD IMO has become central in the success of the Lakers. He is everywhere, scoring, defending the rim and taking rebounds as he is also scoring more than any other part of the season. He somehow has mustered the will to win and IMO has been a guiding light for the Lakers in the post season.....

5 takeaways from Lakers’ Game 1 victory over Warriors

Anthony Davis is too much for the Warriors while Stephen Curry isn't quite enough as the Lakers steal home-court advantage in Game 1.

as much. as I would be happy to see the Knicks advance in the playoffs, all eyes are on the Heat as they have proved their worth. There is no doubt in my mind that as Butler goes, so goes the Heat. It is tough to see an injury dictate an outcome. If butler played yesterday I have no doubt the Heat would be up 2-0

Pivotal game tonight for the Celts, looking t redeem their loss against the powerful Sixers without MVP Embiid. Tonight will hopefully show the Celtics remain formidable. In their loss to the Sixers, for the first time this season I saw a Celtics team lose because of too much hipper dipper on the court and no one wanting to take the shots. A loss tonight would be a dagger in their heart

Reactions: jadis
Sentimentality aside, I think a Nuggs vs Sixers finals would be really cool. It will certainly be different.

Who are the Knicks?

Sentimentality aside, I think a Nuggs vs Sixers finals would be really cool. It will certainly be different.
a lot of us here on the west coast are hoping for a Lakers Celtics final:cool:

Reactions: jadis
That would be nice too. 2 MVPs as poster boys for the Finals . I wonder if Joker can become as tough as Dirk in his Finals run. I hope so. I've been waiting for that moment. Murray will be his Robin. Also, many many people have been waiting for the process to happen to the point that today nobody talks about the process anymore. At least 2 number 1 overall picks that went bust. Embiid is last stand of the process. Harden, like Davis is suddenly rejuvenated. They've got a good team now really. Last year they lost to Miami, and if they get past Boston, I believe they can beat Miami now.

a lot of us here on the west coast are hoping for a Lakers Celtics final:cool:
That will be Jackpot event of Adam Silver. He might come to watch every game. :)

• Haha
as much. as I would be happy to see the Knicks advance in the playoffs, all eyes are on the Heat as they have proved their worth. There is no doubt in my mind that as Butler goes, so goes the Heat. It is tough to see an injury dictate an outcome. If butler played yesterday I have no doubt the Heat would be up 2-0

Pivotal game tonight for the Celts, looking t redeem their loss against the powerful Sixers without MVP Embiid. Tonight will hopefully show the Celtics remain formidable. In their loss to the Sixers, for the first time this season I saw a Celtics team lose because of too much hipper dipper on the court and no one wanting to take the shots. A loss tonight would be a dagger in their heart
In my observation, new coach Joe differed from Udoka in the usage of starters and bench players. The former does not use Grant Williams much since he's got 6th man Brogdon. I like Brogdon a lot but I wish coach could find time to give Grant Williams some good minutes. If Embiid comes back, no way Horford can handle him as Robert Williams comes off the bench. Both should be starters and White should come off the bench. And most of all, practice those passes.

This must be the secret 'weapon' of Harden. :D

Screenshot_20230503-225326_Facebook.jpgScreenshot_20230503-225320_Facebook.jpg
Screenshot_20230503-225323_Facebook.jpg

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu