New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

The Warriors at home just could not muster that killer instinct as the Kings outplayed the GSW from start to finish and even the series with Fox and his shooting accuracy carried the Kings in the second half

Final Kings. 118-99 as the Kings finish on a 9-0 run

So GSW have to win a second road game to hold court . What are the odds .

• Wow
Reactions: christoph
Grizzlies need someone like Monk who poured 28 points, 2 more than Fox. Bane is that guy, he needs to score his 30 to augment Morant. It cannot be a one star game. As for the odds of GS in SAC, it all depends on who's outside shots fall in better. GS shot really bad tonight.

AD is the star of this game IMHO. He is everywhere and his physical presence under the net is such that Lakers lead 74 47 wit just under 8 minutes left in the 3rd

Grizz look like lost sheep now. This is the Lakers type of play that I have missed for years and the take away for me is that it aint the Kings who are the team to be talking about but rather the Lakers as they are playing with gutsy determination. I never thought they would go this far but LeBron is playing like a 20 year old. Austin Reaves and D'Angelo Russell are also nailing everything tonight

This game is all but in the refrigerator as it is AD vs the Grizzlies. He is the dominant force tonight and with Reaves and Russell in back up the Lakers are in hyperdrive and lead 89-59 with 3 mins left in 3rd.

What a game as not only is it in the refrigerator, the Lakers proved to me that if they can sustain this pace they can compete with most any team in the league. They were hitting tonight with all their weapons

End of 3rd

Lakers 100- 67

Reactions: steve williams
  • Haha
Dillon Brooks got his wish.. a 40 :p
I know right DIng? I was cracking up when Isaiah Thomas trolled Brooks about the exact same thing ROTFL!!!!!!!

Okay let me explain my sudden Bron love. Remember that I am a Pacers fan. To this day I cannot explain how or why I became one. It was just 2 seasons of them giving the Ewing era Celtics FITS with what was on paper (except for MIller) more lowly rated players. Maybe it is because Indiana and the sport are so intertwined culturally. Add to that home town boy, LEGEND, coming home to coach. I mean, who watched Hoosiers? Gene Hackman on the sidelines! :D Era's later and who is the tormentor of my Pacers? Le Bron!

Then some punk who hasn't earned crap calls him OLD. Now enjoying my middle age with more and more aches and pains I hear this and suddenly a voice inside me yells..."KILL EM BRON!!!!" Hahahahahha Crap what a turnaround. I know it isn't allowed to discuss "pronouns" on the forum but man if you ask me what I identify as I'm saying nope no pronouns. Adjective. OLD and proud to be!!!!! :):):)

Having said all that, the Kings make the Warriors look old. Sadly it isn't the older wiser guy teaching a young person a big life lesson, it is the ache and pain old that we just gotta live with. Think about it. If we could pick any 2 players to add to the Warriors that are not max contract bucket machines what could they do to help with the Warriors when faced with a faster paced team with balanced scoring floor wise like the Kings? I don't know. It. turns out that the Kings came out to tell the media that were calling them the easiest out. Dang. The Warriors might still make it out but Next Year they need to really think about how their system will change as their huge contract big 3 continue to gradually slow down. Maybe a more deliberate system.

How are the Sixers playing? I have not been following.

Having said all that, the Kings make the Warriors look old. Sadly it isn't the older wiser guy teaching a young person a big life lesson, it is the ache and pain old that we just gotta live with. Think about it. If we could pick any 2 players to add to the Warriors that are not max contract bucket machines what could they do to help with the Warriors when faced with a faster paced team with balanced scoring floor wise like the Kings? I don't know. It. turns out that the Kings came out to tell the media that were calling them the easiest out. Dang. The Warriors might still make it out but Next Year they need to really think about how their system will change as their huge contract big 3 continue to gradually slow down. Maybe a more deliberate system.

How are the Sixers playing? I have not been following.

Jack, I thought that's what Steve was talking about the Lakers prior to the
Westbrook trade. That his Lakers were old and that they should trade LeBron and AD for younger blood and have a better future. The traded lots of young ones, maybe 10, who could form a strong team in themselves, but to me what saved them was one exit button, get rid of Westbrook. How were they doing when Westbrook was in when lineup? Back to Steve's comments. But after Westbrook, they got back Russell who was playing very very well in another team, Hachimura and Vanderbilt, among others. Reeves had been with them when Westbrook was there so the huge turnaround, imo was that trade day deadline. The luckiest thing was that their was a team that wanted to take in Westbrook's 40+m salary. Why would any team do that? Prior to that, many trade rumors for Westbrook died out and I heard a comment that no one wanted to help the Lakers out. And the irony is that a former Celtic player and GM did. Danny Ainge. Back to the Warriors, the series is 3-3 because the loser had bad nights with their shots. Pleasant bonus was Monk hitting 28 points to complement Fox. The older splash brothers, if they score 30 each on game 7, will yield win for them most likely. I've seen these past few years that shooting percentage play a big factor in victories.

As for Philly, they played very well the past few weeks, and their giant is another modern day money man, no one can really contain him. Boston will have their hands full. Harden and Harris and Maxey are key scorers.

Ja Morant had 10 points on 3 for 16 shooting. He should have done 50 points and nobody would be surprised but he did not, on a closeout game. Young one needs more experience. Speed and vertical leap don't win game and in fact threatens young careers in terms of injuries. I am not a fan of high flyers or dunkers, and I don't like Tatum doing those dunks too and it's good that he's doing more layups and finger rolls. Same 2 points without risking injuries. I can say this on hindsight, but I had been telling my son verbally at the start of the Grizzlies series. Look at their starting 5 and aside from Morant, who is really a dependable scorer needed for 7 games in the playoffs? They're mostly young, from the draft and I love teams that grow on drafts. It's not their time, yet.

D'Aaron Fox was drafted in 2017, the same year as Jason Tatum. So let's see how their 6th year unfolds. Tatum showed a lot of promise in his first playoff year but has succumbed to a lot of ill advised long shots and turnovers. Fox was fantastic on game 6, played like a veteran. Imo, I feel like the Kings and the Grizzlies have some similarities, young and no seasoned superstar that many top teams have. But very successful as shown in the regular season. Grizzlies are gone but the Kings stayed alive on a night where the odds were stacked against them. Curry and Thompson scored some but their 3 balls were not dropping. That's their signature formula. And most telling was Green's 21 points on Game 5 to 4 points on game 6. Kings' defense was amazingly tight, like Mike Brown doesn't know how to guard his old boys. :D

Jack, I thought that's what Steve was talking about the Lakers prior to the
Westbrook trade. That his Lakers were old and that they should trade LeBron and AD for younger blood and have a better future. The traded lots of young ones, maybe 10, who could form a strong team in themselves, but to me what saved them was one exit button, get rid of Westbrook. How were they doing when Westbrook was in when lineup? Back to Steve's comments. But after Westbrook, they got back Russell who was playing very very well in another team, Hachimura and Vanderbilt, among others. Reeves had been with them when Westbrook was there so the huge turnaround, imo was that trade day deadline. The luckiest thing was that their was a team that wanted to take in Westbrook's 40+m salary. Why would any team do that? Prior to that, many trade rumors for Westbrook died out and I heard a comment that no one wanted to help the Lakers out. And the irony is that a former Celtic player and GM did. Danny Ainge. Back to the Warriors, the series is 3-3 because the loser had bad nights with their shots. Pleasant bonus was Monk hitting 28 points to complement Fox. The older splash brothers, if they score 30 each on game 7, will yield win for them most likely. I've seen these past few years that shooting percentage play a big factor in victories.

As for Philly, they played very well the past few weeks, and their giant is another modern day money man, no one can really contain him. Boston will have their hands full. Harden and Harris and Maxey are key scorers.

We all know James is a freak of nature right? Well Steph and Klay are kind of the opposite? I guess my question really is, will adding two more speedsters help? I don't know Phil. They are already playing with 4 guards on the floor a lot. The more logical thing to me is to find a way to keep these two as effective as ever but at a slower pace that they can dictate. I'm not saying that they try to become half court beasts all of a sudden but have a defense that does not have to rely on 48 minutes of frantic peskiness. When they had KD, IMO the most important thing he gave them was some time to rest and catch a breath. These guys shouldn't have to run through screen after screen every game. This was a size compromised roster that happened to win it last year. Look at the other teams left in the West except for the Kings. Lakers, then the winner of Denver and Pheonix. Them loooong boys. I guess I'm saying I don't want to see them run into the ground. That's all. :(

Ja Morant had 10 points on 3 for 16 shooting. He should have done 50 points and nobody would be surprised but he did not, on a closeout game. Young one needs more experience. Speed and vertical leap don't win game and in fact threatens young careers in terms of injuries. I am not a fan of high flyers or dunkers, and I don't like Tatum doing those dunks too and it's good that he's doing more layups and finger rolls. Same 2 points without risking injuries. I can say this on hindsight, but I had been telling my son verbally at the start of the Grizzlies series. Look at their starting 5 and aside from Morant, who is really a dependable scorer needed for 7 games in the playoffs? They're mostly young, from the draft and I love teams that grow on drafts. It's not their time, yet.
Bane. I like that little T-Rex.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu