New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

We all know James is a freak of nature right? Well Steph and Klay are kind of the opposite? I guess my question really is, will adding two more speedsters help? I don't know Phil. They are already playing with 4 guards on the floor a lot. The more logical thing to me is to find a way to keep these two as effective as ever but at a slower pace that they can dictate. I'm not saying that they try to become half court beasts all of a sudden but have a defense that does not have to rely on 48 minutes of frantic peskiness. When they had KD, IMO the most important thing he gave them was some time to rest and catch a breath. These guys shouldn't have to run through screen after screen every game. This was a size compromised roster that happened to win it last year. Look at the other teams left in the West except for the Kings. Lakers, then the winner of Denver and Pheonix. Them loooong boys. I guess I'm saying I don't want to see them run into the ground. That's all. :(
I got you, Jack. To me I still notice 2 players they miss from last year. Otto Porter and GP2 jelling. GP2 is with them now but came in mid season and injured and now finding his way in. I see Steph was a bit tired in Game 6 but in Game 5 he has that viral dribbling around every defender ala Bob Cousy for a layup near the end of the game. :D Agree very much, time to rest. Divicenzo was a good addition and started a few games only to be replaced by Poole the last games and the flow of these 2 players somehow is not in sync. Poole has not been the Poole that killed the Celtics in a few games last year. And he was coming off the bench, a role he embraced and played out great. He was 2-11 in Game 6 and 7 points. And let's not discount the Mike Brown factor, the defense on Game 6 almost reminded me of the Chuck Daly Pistons swirling defense that left nobody free to shoot. I didn't see much of the Warriors' signature inside passes for easy points a lot.

Reactions: christoph
It's more fun in the NBA of Silver.

Jack, I thought that's what Steve was talking about the Lakers prior to the
Westbrook trade. That his Lakers were old and that they should trade LeBron and AD for younger blood and have a better future. The traded lots of young ones, maybe 10, who could form a strong team in themselves, but to me what saved them was one exit button, get rid of Westbrook. How were they doing when Westbrook was in when lineup? Back to Steve's comments. But after Westbrook, they got back Russell who was playing very very well in another team, Hachimura and Vanderbilt, among others. Reeves had been with them when Westbrook was there so the huge turnaround, imo was that trade day deadline. The luckiest thing was that their was a team that wanted to take in Westbrook's 40+m salary. Why would any team do that? Prior to that, many trade rumors for Westbrook died out and I heard a comment that no one wanted to help the Lakers out. And the irony is that a former Celtic player and GM did. Danny Ainge. Back to the Warriors, the series is 3-3 because the loser had bad nights with their shots. Pleasant bonus was Monk hitting 28 points to complement Fox. The older splash brothers, if they score 30 each on game 7, will yield win for them most likely. I've seen these past few years that shooting percentage play a big factor in victories.

As for Philly, they played very well the past few weeks, and their giant is another modern day money man, no one can really contain him. Boston will have their hands full. Harden and Harris and Maxey are key scorers.
Spot on Phil. To me the Lakers were a team in disarray with no future until the trade deadline. Gone was the "scowl" and inbound was a wonderful young bunch of players who IMO changed the course of the Lakers season. These guys can run and shoot and play defense. To me this is like 2 seasons in one. The real Lakers season started at the trade deadline.

FWIW the Lakers are 14-4 in their last 18 games and are the hottest team right now in the league

Watching them play last night and totally close down Morant and Bane as Dillon watched from the bench shaking his head in disbelief. Personally I hope the Lakers face the GSW a I feel they have a better chance at beatiing them than the Kings. The Kings match up well against the Lakers and are playing like "the little train who thought it could". The Kings are very good and have the highest scoring games in the league. If their defense was better they could go very deep but last night the Lakers defense was the best I have seen in years

Reactions: jadis
The Nggs proved tonight that the WC goes through Denver as they go buzzer to buzzer to easily beat the Suns and go one up

Final 125-107

Murray dominated along with Jokic and Gordon. They are healthy and a very good team

The Nggs proved tonight that the WC goes through Denver as they go buzzer to buzzer to easily beat the Suns and go one up

Final 125-107

Murray dominated along with Jokic and Gordon. They are healthy and a very good team
Nuggets' first 5 looks solid. All guns blazing. The pressure is now on Booker to produce a big output if they want to win game 2. And KD will follow. Aaron Gordon is playing up to his potential. Hope he continues. Strong guy who can shoot and hustle and rebound. Ayton has to match Jokic point for point if they want to compete. They need a third scoring guy.

Trivia time:

I just noticed a peculiar schedule for the first game of the Nuggets and Suns. Both teams finished game 5 on April 25 at 4-1. Meaning, had there been a game 6 and 7, it would have been April 27 and 29. But both played game 1 of their series on April 29. So the league moved the game forward, which means lesser days rest for the 2 teams. In Contrast, Sixers last played on April 23, and their game 1 with the Celtics will still be on May 1. C's last played on April 27. Sixers get a 1 week rest. Embiid supposedly need it for his knee sprain.

Reactions: steve williams
Trivia time:

I just noticed a peculiar schedule for the first game of the Nuggets and Suns. Both teams finished game 5 on April 25 at 4-1. Meaning, had there been a game 6 and 7, it would have been April 27 and 29. But both played game 1 of their series on April 29. So the league moved the game forward, which means lesser days rest for the 2 teams. In Contrast, Sixers last played on April 23, and their game 1 with the Celtics will still be on May 1. C's last played on April 27. Sixers get a 1 week rest. Embiid supposedly need it for his knee sprain.
My take on that is not as positive. Sometimes swaeeping a team and resting for a week might get your star healthy but many a time the rested team is not as sharp as the team they play who had less rest. …..

Reactions: christoph and jadis
My take on that is not as positive. Sometimes swaeeping a team and resting for a week might get your star healthy but many a time the rested team is not as sharp as the team they play who had less rest. …..
Agree Steve. Rusty

Aaron Gordon is one big rock solid hulk of a player. They are a healthy team now and Murray is another gifted player
I've been impressed with Murray from watching him a few years ago. He was like a Booker. Machine gun.

At the half, Knicks lead 60-55 and StephenA is animated.

So whomever wins or loses, this will be a very good series. Miami seems at the end of their run whereas the Knicks are on the upswing and I would love to see them advance

This game is all but over as the Kings go sour and they have zero defense.Warriors go on a scoring spree and lead 104-85 with 6:23 left in game

So looks like Warriors vs Lakers in WC semis....I think the Lakers match up well with the Warriors. This game showed the the Kings depend on their scoring to win as they have no defense

Warriors still prove they are champions as they get the monkey off their back and win 2 road games to close out the Kings . Never say never with the GSW

Kings have gone fishing and the Warriors move on . The Warriors have proved they still have the ability to win the big games. Lakers next

Curry scores 50 !!!! including 7 tres

Final Warriors 120-98

Reactions: jadis and christoph
Early morning games so I missed the live coverage. Read Steve's reports and these are the 2 teams I felt would win. Experience is the best teacher, at least that's what these 2 games proved. And when your team has a Steph and Butler, it is a big big plus. And I was telling my friend in the Bay Area who was weary about the familiarity of Mike Brown to the Warriors plays, I told him, all that needs to happen is the his Warriors drain in their shots. Fire as many missiles, and connect. And that's what happened on one end and not on the Kings' end. Playoffs separate the men from the boys. Steph has that 'I'll carry the burden' mentality. Tough as nails physically and mentally. I've seen him for so many years culminating on his incredible performance last year to beat the Celtics for another title. I'll take a look at the highlights in a while. ESPN will be buzzing.

Greatest point guard ever? I say yes. Other greats must be categorized by their positions too, imo

I'm 1 minute into the 2nd half of the Heat/Knicks, with NY up by 9.
Miami's shots not dropping.

Very interested to see how they managed a 17 point swing over the next 23 minutes.

I'm 1 minute into the 2nd half of the Heat/Knicks, with NY up by 9.
Miami's shots not dropping.

Very interested to see how they managed a 17 point swing over the next 23 minutes.
It’s a thing called Jimmy Butler. and Kyle Lowry

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu