New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

with all of the coaches biting the dust and given their pink slips I have to wonder that if the Heat prevail and win the EC that coach Mazzulla will earn the same fate as there are so. any good NBA coaches now looking for work

@jadis.....maybe they would even bring doc back who I think has finally run his gamut. To me he has done nothing since he left the Celtics

Reactions: jadis
with all of the coaches biting the dust and given their pink slips I have to wonder that if the Heat prevail and win the EC that coach Mazzulla will earn the same fate as there are so. any good NBA coaches now looking for work

@jadis.....maybe they would even bring doc back who I think has finally run his gamut. To me he has done nothing since he left the Celtics
Steve, I won't be suprised if Mazzulla gets the boot if they lose this series. I think Brad has provided him with a superb roster this season. It's the coach's job now. As for Doc, I doubt he would fare better than Mazzulla, both like to run their starters to the ground and use a 7 man rotation. Spoestra has shown he trusted his bench a lot. And he has a lot of un drafted players doing so well. Mazzulla not using a finals tested Grant Williams is puzzling to me. If Celtics lose this one, the parting of ways with Udoka will be haunting them.

Reactions: steve williams
are you kidding me . Jimmy Butler once again takes up the challenge as Grant Williams goes jaw to jaw. From that point the Heat took over the game and close strong. Tatum has no Field goal in the 4th yet he was stellar in the first 3 periods

Final Heat 111-105 and steal 2 at the Garden . Phil ....I feel the Celtics can come back however for the Lakers I'm not so sure

The Heat never give up....... they were up down all game and closed it out after the Williams-Butler dustup

Heat is playing like it has an axe to grind. Full steam. And playing like it has nothing to lose. Written out as early as the play in period and nobody even thought they'd beat a Bucks team the is intact with a core of champions from 2 years ago. I have said that all along, even before the Bucks series, that the Heat is a dangerous team. 7 undrafted players proving you don't have to be a top 10 pick to excel in the NBA. 2 starters being paid a total of $3.6m. If they become NBA champions, the league has to rethink those $60m a year deals. Spoestra has been in that seat decades. His system is naturally influenced by Riley, who brought a few CBA players all the way to the Finals in the 90s. If you ask me, there is nothing surprising about the Heat's position now. Boston has a brand new and the youngest coach in the league. Anyone can see how that translates.

Steve, I really doubt the C's can come back although what is going FOR them is now, they have nothing to lose too. :D Pressure should be a bit off. Butler doesn't get tired. This, is a given.

Reactions: steve williams
Miami has like 8 players who can shoot from anywhere. Butler, Bam, Love, Vincent, Strus, Robinson, Martin and Lowry. I've never seen a team with such an array of good shooters. That is their weapon. That is why it's easy for them to come back from a deficit. On the other hand , the shooting of Horford and Smart has totally disappeared. Horford may be gassed from guarding Embiid for 7 games. Smart has always been like that.

By the way, Heat actually LOST its first play-in game against the Hawks, who became the 7th seed, and Heat had to beat the winner of the 9th and 10th spot to get the 8th spot. That is same crawl up by Miami. One for the books.

IMHO, Boston is the better team.
But the Heat are playing better, and their coaching is better.

The small things matter. Statistically very even game.
The Heat had more offensive rebounds and less turnovers.

Last edited:
IMHO, Boston is the better team.
But the Heat are playing better, and are their coaching is better.

The small things matter. Statistically very even game.
The Heat had more offensive rebounds and less turnovers.
Agree. Execution. Hard to imagine Spo will pull out Butler for Strus and Strus immediately make a big basket. That's good instinctive coaching. Miami will win any close games. They did that last year.

Hard to imagine why or how Butler was thrown around from Chicago to Minnesota to Philadelphia and the Heat just welcomed him for good.

Reactions: christoph
Another big key to the Heat imo is Bam Adebayou who has perfected his game as compared to last year
He's been a gem of Riley. A Kurt Rambis who can shoot.

The focus of this series is not what Boston is doing wrong. It's what Miami is doing right. How this can be reversed is totally up to the coach.

And I just remembered how Spo 'outcoached' Pop. Game 6 the trophy was already wheeled out of the locker room to the side court with the Spurs with a seemingly good lead. Spo kept them in, fouling and fouling and 2 Spurs each split their free throws, making them creep within 3 until the game was sent to overtime with a 3. Then Spo guided them to beat the Spurs in the Alamo dome in Game 7. Mazzulla doesn't have even a slim chance here.

watching game 2 and LeBron in the second half throwing up bricks and missing most every shot, to me he looked gassed. He was sweating profusely and looked like he was running on half a tank as he has missed every three point attempt. He had so many unforced turnovers thatI wondered if he was suffering from mile high oxygen deprivation.......today I saw this read...

Is LeBron James fatigued? Valid questions arise as Game 3 approaches

LeBron James' mileage continues to increase, and the ramifications could be unfolding during another deep postseason run.

Steve, I won't be suprised if Mazzulla gets the boot if they lose this series. I think Brad has provided him with a superb roster this season. It's the coach's job now. As for Doc, I doubt he would fare better than Mazzulla, both like to run their starters to the ground and use a 7 man rotation. Spoestra has shown he trusted his bench a lot. And he has a lot of un drafted players doing so well. Mazzulla not using a finals tested Grant Williams is puzzling to me. If Celtics lose this one, the parting of ways with Udoka will be haunting them.
They'll just give him a stronger bench coaching staff. Keep in mind that when Ime was suspended, two of the good assistants had already moved on to other jobs. Mazzulla has obviously been exposed but he'll be given the chance to learn and get better. They mostly need to help him with his press conferences. Boy he sucks at that.

They'll just give him a stronger bench coaching staff. Keep in mind that when Ime was suspended, two of the good assistants had already moved on to other jobs. Mazzulla has obviously been exposed but he'll be given the chance to learn and get better. They mostly need to help him with his press conferences. Boy he sucks at that.
Forget the press conferences. This is all about winning and as the number 2 seed (one game out of 1st). If he goes down to defeat I wonder what Brad will do as there are so many good coaches. I think Monty Williams would be great in Boston

Forget the press conferences. This is all about winning and as the number 2 seed (one game out of 1st). If he goes down to defeat I wonder what Brad will do as there are so many good coaches. I think Monty Williams would be great in Boston
They aren't going to admit they made a mistake that quickly unless the players revolt and they seem to be behind him based on what I've read/heard. 3 weeks ago everyone was praising him. I don't think it ends that quickly. What will end is the Jayson Jaylen combo. That's clearly not working, no matter who is coaching them. Horford also old. There's a lot to be done to reshape the roster.

They aren't going to admit they made a mistake that quickly unless the players revolt and they seem to be behind him based on what I've read/heard. 3 weeks ago everyone was praising him. I don't think it ends that quickly. What will end is the Jayson Jaylen combo. That's clearly not working, no matter who is coaching them. Horford also old. There's a lot to be done to reshape the roster.
You're right everyone was praising him, myself included. I. was not however suggesting that he be fired but rather my post stated that with the firing of Bucks, Sixers and Suns coaches, do any think that Brad might fire Mazzulla if they don't win the EC. I think they are behind both on the bench and upstairs in management.

Reactions: Fishfood
Hard to imagine why or how Butler was thrown around from Chicago to Minnesota to Philadelphia and the Heat just welcomed him for good.
Going to Coach Riley was a big draw for Jimmy.
And Coach Spo has won, as well as over performed with Heat teams.

It seems Butler is looking for the highest of competitive teammates, above all else.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu