New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

The life of the Celtics hinges on Tatum making shots. He is the SF version of Curry. :D
Tatum had a bad night and in the 4th period he had too many missed shots and unforced turnovers when the game was on the line late in the game.
I believe this series will go 7 games and if Butler continues the way he has, it is not improbable that the Heat could represent the East in the Big Dance. Every team has a bad game from time to time and for the Celts it always seems to be game one of a new series....but then they adjust and do what they do best.....win

However there is something inside me that says the Heat are a great team and better coached than the Celtics and could win the EC. In the west this too will be a great series. I thought in the first half of game one the Lakers were woefully outplayed and I figured that was their bad game. The second half however the Lakers turned a 21 point deficit and came to with in 3 points before they ran out of clock and James committed a fateful game ending turnover that IMO cost the Lakers the game

Will tonight be another nail biter. These are the 4 "best" teams now fighting for the ring. These two series have only just begun. I have a fish taco on the line

Reactions: christoph and jadis
FWIW, the GSW are not going to win another ring with Steph, Klay and Green. The dynasty is over and Kerr can't see the trees for the forest. They had a great and long run and if nothing changes next year as far as who the team is, they will be spoilers at best. To me the dynasty ended when Austin Reeves made a half court buzzer beater 3 to end the half. Green is to me the same as LeBron is to Phil and Christoph......both are either hated or revered . yes it was the punch that ruined their season but let's just say Green got special treatment from team management

Reactions: jadis
Tatum had a bad night and in the 4th period he had too many missed shots and unforced turnovers when the game was on the line late in the game.
I believe this series will go 7 games and if Butler continues the way he has, it is not improbable that the Heat could represent the East in the Big Dance. Every team has a bad game from time to time and for the Celts it always seems to be game one of a new series....but then they adjust and do what they do best.....win

However there is something inside me that says the Heat are a great team and better coached than the Celtics and could win the EC. In the west this too will be a great series. I thought in the first half of game one the Lakers were woefully outplayed and I figured that was their bad game. The second half however the Lakers turned a 21 point deficit and came to with in 3 points before they ran out of clock and James committed a fateful game ending turnover that IMO cost the Lakers the game

Will tonight be another nail biter. These are the 4 "best" teams now fighting for the ring. These two series have only just begun. I have a fish taco on the line

The Lakers made an adjustment that really surprised me. They negated Gordon's production from the dunker's spot. I never even thought it was a deal at all. That one less option I guess takes the Joker a bit out of the zone. If the game was 3 minutes longer, they probably would have won. I can't wait to see Denver's adjustment. This is a classic for the basketball coaching /play nerds.

Reactions: christoph
FWIW, the GSW are not going to win another ring with Steph, Klay and Green. The dynasty is over and Kerr can't see the trees for the forest. They had a great and long run and if nothing changes next year as far as who the team is, they will be spoilers at best. To me the dynasty ended when Austin Reeves made a half court buzzer beater 3 to end the half. Green is to me the same as LeBron is to Phil and Christoph......both are either hated or revered . yes it was the punch that ruined their season but let's just say Green got special treatment from team management

Sadly I agree. Their contracts are just too large. I wouldn't put so much on their declining though. For me the question is, will Klay be able to work his body back to anywhere he was pre-injuries. Very tough question. It's not something anyone can just will into being. It's just that they really caught the hearts of the underdog lovers and that makes it so hard not to root for them. They live and die by skill and focus. It's a style of play that I don't want to disappear.

The Lakers made an adjustment that really surprised me. They negated Gordon's production from the dunker's spot. I never even thought it was a deal at all. That one less option I guess takes the Joker a bit out of the zone. If the game was 3 minutes longer, they probably would have won. I can't wait to see Denver's adjustment. This is a classic for the basketball coaching /play nerds.
I have to win Jack , if for no other reason that I hate fish tacos :)

I'm willing to change the bet to any tacos you want :D

Sadly I agree. Their contracts are just too large. I wouldn't put so much on their declining though. For me the question is, will Klay be able to work his body back to anywhere he was pre-injuries. Very tough question. It's not something anyone can just will into being. It's just that they really caught the hearts of the underdog lovers and that makes it so hard not to root for them. They live and die by skill and focus. It's a style of play that I don't want to disappear.
FWIW, the GSW are my 2nd favorite team and had they beaten the Lakers I could have lived with that but it is woefully apparent that short of their occasional flashes of greatness they can't win on the road and they are too top heavy in contracts. Do we really think Klay and Steph will redo their contracts to allow some breathing room under the CBA. I seriously doubt it. Westbrook didn't. James didn't. Steve Nash never did it nor did Kobe. It was their money and they weren't leaving without it

Denver is clearly the odds on favorites to close out the Lakers and I cannot disagree with the pundits. Having said that however the Lakers I think enjoy being the underdog and trying to perform to the best of their ability with o stress from the media. Still believe that if the Nuggs don't win it in 6 the Lakers will get the road victory and win it in 7. Im cringing as I think of chewing on that taco :eek:

I sure hope that Ja Morant gets his life straightened out because to my eyes he is the future of the NBA and it is his to blow .........

Adam Silver 'shocked' by Ja Morant video; Morant releases statement

LAKERS SHOULD NOT GO 0-11 BUT 11 POINTS IS NOT BIG LEAD ANYMORE.

Another nail biter!

Reaves seems to be everywhere. Very much like a Danny Ainge. :D

Okayyy. Had to search out fish tacos since it was on the line for this series. I thought it was always meat. :D

What country are fish tacos from?

Mexico

The prototypical fish taco originated in Baja California, Mexico, and the preparation referred to in this country as “Baja-style” is similar to what you might find on the Mexican peninsula. It usually involves deep-fried white-fleshed fish, shredded cabbage, and a creamy white sauce.

And while we're at it, Steve, I keep telling my friends that the best salad that I ever had was in Cedar Creek Inn where you took us to in San Juan Capistrano for a late lunch. Absolutely the best. Seafood salad - shrimp, crabs and scallops with asparagus, marinated cucumber, artichoke hears, eggs, cherry tomatoes over iceberg and romaine lettuces with thousand island on the side. Back to the game. :D

Reactions: steve williams
Lakers ice cold in the 4th and Denver making nothing but 3’s. and lead 96-84 with 5 minutes left. Jamal Murray has been unstoppable and the key to Denver pulling ahead Lakers also have no answer for Porter. Lakers badly outscored in 4th.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu