New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

What a game. Lakers down by as many as 21 midway through the 3rd only to close to within 3 but they battle back and forth until with 26 seconds remaining AD fouls Jokic to seal the victory 132-126

Lakers proved they are for real as I gave upon them at the half. The 2nd half was a nail biter . Austin Reaves is becoming an excellent player at both ends of the court

Lakers did score 72 in the second half

Who would have thought that Reaves and part of the Big 3? :D He's going to be a much coveted free agent, though restricted. He's making only $1.5m now. Brink's truck awaits him, he deserves it. Hard worker on both ends and is not afraid to shoot.

Denver cannot afford to lose Game 2. That's what happened to the previous 2 series where the Lakers won. They don't have home court advantage but a quick split in either games 1 or 2 swings the momentum back to them. The early big lead of Denver was the cushion. Pope and Bruce Brown did a lot to help tonight. I like this kind of game, clean, pure basketball. No antics.

I'm amazed at Hachimura, he was able to bother the inside plays of Jokic down the end of the game.

Reactions: steve williams
I'm amazed at Hachimura, he was able to bother the inside plays of Jokic down the end of the game.
Win or lose for the Lakers to get this far and play a game like this proved they've got some real potential but this could be James last best chance at winning it all

Game 1 is like the first round of a boxing match. Seeing what each team does.
Lakers now have some idea of adjustments, and will be forcefully trying to take Game 2.
And will be very happy how they managed to claw back into this game.

If the Lakers had limited Denver's offensive rebounds, and reduced their 3 point field goal %, the result may have been different.

For the first time in a long time, I'm enjoying this iteration of the Lakers.

The Lakers were eyeing a split in Denver, they will go for broke to steal the next one. Game 2 is very important for Denver if they don't want to have a long series. Being up 2-0 is quite comfortable because they will be the ones to target a split in LA and they will be up 3-1, and it will be a commanding lead. Denver played a very typical home game, long bombs were connecting and their passing and defense were as good as it gets. They withstood the rally of the Lakers thanks to Murray, Pope and Brown's timely clutch shots. So the Lakers know what they have to do to keep it close for the next few games. Russell, Schroeder, Vanderbilt and Walker had minimal output. Had any of the 2 combined for 30 points, that would have been another story.

This iteration of the Lakers is already one for the books. Five rotational players - Schroder, Walker, Russell, Hachimura, and Vanderbilt were not in their lineup last season, and the last 3 came in just 3 months ago. How bout that for 'jelling'? The other 3 teams in the final four have players in their teams for many years, in contrast to this Lakers team. Again, I give credit to Ham, and to Pelinka who was greatly maligned until he got rid of Westbrook, for steering this team to where they are now. Steve maybe right in saying this is LeBron's last chance at the title but ever since LeBron got to LA, his Lakers cast had changed drastically each year with the exception of Davis, and all those years were 'win now' formation teams. Them 2 are the longest tenured Lakers in the LeBron era. Right now, they are joined by a great cast.

He should at least get 4 years $140m, like Poole.
Lakers can only offer 50M. I doubt any other team will offer more than $75M so in a way, it's a controlled situation for the Lakers. Tough to imagine anyone offering too much more based on half a season of success. The problem with Reaves is going to be durability. Seeing him as a Gordon Hayward type, it's all that banging that keep these guys from staying healthy.

Reactions: jadis
Lakers can only offer 50M. I doubt any other team will offer more than $75M so in a way, it's a controlled situation for the Lakers. Tough to imagine anyone offering too much more based on half a season of success. The problem with Reaves is going to be durability. Seeing him as a Gordon Hayward type, it's all that banging that keep these guys from staying healthy.
I kinda see him as Linsanity. Vibrant and deadly shooter. His accuracy from the 3 point line is quite remarkable.

I kinda see him as Linsanity. Vibrant and deadly shooter. His accuracy from the 3 point line is quite remarkable.
He’s my favorite player on the lakers team

That's the thing. Linsanity was a mirage and Reaves isn't. Lin hadn't been scouted at all and once he was his effectiveness was limited. He also got hurt so didn't play in the postseason. Reaves's success is pretty much unprecedented.

He’s my favorite player on the lakers team
Another player he reminds me of is Danny Ainge in his Celtics playing days. Though he's not well liked in Lakers circles, both are tough, scrappy and can shoot.

Kerr said the punch definitely killed Warriors team chemistry so I officially apologize for being 100% wrong about that. Poole won’t be there by draftday.
I’m hoping Draymond won’t be there on draft day

Reactions: christoph and jadis
The NBA and NHL Lottery is a joke. If the purpose was to keep teams from tanking why are all non playoff teams eligible? Detroit going from the worst record in basketball to #5 in the draft is not right. The lottery should be for no more than the 4-5 worst teams period. I am glad the NFL has not adopted this stupid rule.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu