New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

"Humbly, I'm one of the best players in the world. " So said Jason Tatum on a night when he was 0-11 in the first half and finished with 19. Today, he went amuck for 51 and is a playoff record for a game 7 from what Mike Breen noted. He showed he is the best shooting small forward in the league with that kind of performance, shooting with Embiid over him like no one is in front of him. Celtics played well on the other end too. I wouldn't have believed it but 6'9 Al Horford had blocked Embiid's at least twice in this series. And as I've been wanting Mazulla to do, start Robert Williams and he did these last 2 games and it set the tone to stop the interior game of the Sixers. As I said , adjustments, adjustments. On to Miami and it is necessary to hold home court and play like they did today.

Reactions: christoph
Harden will only get a ring as a role player.
He disappears too often in a series to be relied upon.
Even half the output of game 1 would have changed this series.
Let's not forget 2 years ago. KD, Kyrie and Harden were on the same NETS team that beat Boston 4-1in the first round. That would have been his ring opportunity. Some trades and schemes work. Some don't.

Reactions: christoph
I really have no bad impression of Harden in Houston.

this one is in the refrigerator. Tatum hits for over 50 and Embiid and Harden were shut down

if Tatum plays like this going forward the Celts are unbeatable.

Final Celtics 112-88,
Congrats, Phil :cool:

Reactions: jadis
Congrats, Phil :cool:
Thanks Christoph. Each Celtics win now is dedicated to you. I've informed Brad Stevens to count you as a Celtic brother. :D

so now that we have a final 4 what do the Vegas odds makers say........but before that, how about this statistic.......

Jimmy Butler is the 1st player in Heat history to average 30 points through his first 10 games of a postseason

Just as I felt all year that the Celtics are going to win it all, here is what has emerged to confirm my thoughts...

The title odds heading into the NBA's version of the final four heavily favor Boston.!!

TeamOdds
Boston Celtics+105
Denver Nuggets+230
Los Angeles Lakers+330
Miami Heat+1400

• Wow
Jack and I have a wager for a fish taco that Denver will win it all and for some strange reason I still feel the Lakers can beat the Nuggets in 7 (if the Nuggs lose their chance to win it in 6)

However FWIW even if the Lakers lose to Denver IMO they proved a lot this season. However James will be 39 next year so this could be his last chance to grab a ring. All in all this season has proved to be one of the most exciting I've seen in years

this is a great analysis of where the Sixers go in the off season........

Where Joel Embiid, James Harden and the Philadelphia 76ers go from here

On Sunday, it was Embiid finishing 5-for-18 from the field, while Jayson Tatum scored 51, including him surpassing the half-century mark with a 3-pointer from the right wing over Embiid's outstretched arm
"Humbly, I'm one of the best players in the world. " So said Jason Tatum on a night when he was 0-11 in the first half and finished with 19. Today, he went amuck for 51 and is a playoff record for a game 7 from what Mike Breen noted. He showed he is the best shooting small forward in the league with that kind of performance, shooting with Embiid over him like no one is in front of him. Celtics played well on the other end too. I wouldn't have believed it but 6'9 Al Horford had blocked Embiid's at least twice in this series. And as I've been wanting Mazulla to do, start Robert Williams and he did these last 2 games and it set the tone to stop the interior game of the Sixers. As I said , adjustments, adjustments. On to Miami and it is necessary to hold home court and play like they did today.
He is one of the best in the league...IMO he singlehandedly won that game for the Celts. He was everywhere in that 48 minutes...

Jayson Tatum's 51 vs. Sixers sends Celtics back to ECF

Reactions: christoph and jadis
@jadis

I have maintained all year that the Celtics are going to win it all. Even when they were down 3-2 and you were wavering I said then that they were going to close out the Sixers. The next few weeks will provide the answer. The Celtics had a few rough spots this past series but in the end they had the mettle to prove their worth

@jadis

I have maintained all year that the Celtics are going to win it all. Even when they were down 3-2 and you were wavering I said then that they were going to close out the Sixers. The next few weeks will provide the answer. The Celtics had a few rough spots this past series but in the end they had the mettle to prove their worth
Indeed you did. They are good when their long balls are going in. All 4 starters can shoot the 3 ball except Time Lord Williams. 2 guards off the bench are good 3 balls shooters too. It's a good thing coach went for a big lineup for last 2 games and I don't know if he'll do same against Miami, which has 6 great long range shooters too. I feel confident with this roster now as they have Brogdon who was not there last year. Great addition. Heat play with their hearts. One can see that. They don't quit easily. Even the forgotten Lowry has risen up to clear his name and make himself pertinent again. They way Tatum dropped 51 yesterday is truly one for the books. Embiid had his hand all over his face yet he didn't flinch. Hopefully this streak of his continues and they'll be on the right path.

So with conference finals starting tomorrow, I am still going with the Celtics to win it all..I don't even like fish tacos, Jack ;)
I didn't know fish tacos are available in the Philippines. LOL

Word on the street is that Monty Williams is being eyed by the Bucks as their next coach. I wish him well. He has always been kind and well mannered whenever he speaks. I believe he was well respected by his his team ...Winning isn't everything .....it's the only thing"

Word on the street is that Monty Williams is being eyed by the Bucks as their next coach. I wish him well. He has always been kind and well mannered whenever he speaks. I believe he was well respected by his his team ...Winning isn't everything .....it's the only thing"
As in each time a team with high expectations get eliminated, the coach get fired. Dwane Casey won COTY that year but got fired after the Raptors got swept in 2018. Coach Budenholzer won a title for the Bucks but got fired recently. And now Monty. Bucks have a solid team roster, But imo, the Suns have a missing tooth roster. Am not even talking about CP3's injury (who btw still have a 2 year contract paying him $30m, till he reaches the age 40 - must have a great manager - all this latter contracts were maxed , ie. Houston). Missing pieces of the Suns could be bench player and a power forward, and maybe trade Ayton to whoever is interested. KD need an entire Warriors championship team to support him, Phoenix should look into that pattern.

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu