New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Denver, is my heartbreak kid. I've followed and rooted for them in the past. Dan Issel, Alex English, Carmelo Anthony, Jokic in the bubble series. Always eliminated. My feeling is not too positive either in this WCF. I'm waiting for Jokic to come out swinging with the ferocity of a grizzly bear but to date, I've seen only high points, high stats, some moves that are unothodox (but made shots) and a 3 ball that is sinking only when there is no pressure. I really want to see him make the money shots down the line, like that Dirk drive that sealed a Mavs win in one of those Heat games in the Finals. Well, he's got a signature move ala Dirk, the one foot fall away shot. :)
It's Murray and his freakish composure that makes me think they will win it all. He's averaging mid 20s in the flow. We know he can go off when told to. Scary team with a low O2 home court.

It's Murray and his freakish composure that makes me think they will win it all. He's averaging mid 20s in the flow. We know he can go off when told to. Scary team with a low O2 home court.
I like Murray a lot. He's like a Booker who can spray like a machine gun. His Robin that time was Harris whom I was very impressed too. But he's gone and now it's KCP, who was on the Lakers team that beat the Nuggets in the bubble. Let's see. I'm not bullish on the Nuggets though,

Another one bites the dust. Is it his fault or the missing 3 players from their last Finals stint?

The last nail for Monty was their loss to Dallas last year. It just hadn't been nailed in.
This year's loss again in the second round drove it home.
He had to return to the finals for it to have been removed.
Wonder privately if he really wanted the trade for KD, losing Bridges and Cam Johnson.

Reactions: jadis
Jamal Murray will have his way against Russell.
Vanderbuilt could limit Porter Jnr.
LeBron v Aaron Gordon, an interesting matchup. LeBron has to box out, but Gordon won't stop him.
KCP and Reaves will cancel each other out, but think Reaves will be something like a +8 in points over KCP.
Jokic and Davis? AD has to stay on his feet and stay out of foul trouble. The most interesting matchup.
Lakers do have Wenyen Gabriel to throw at Jokic for a few minutes to give AD a rest.

The bench? The difference makers?
Bruce Brown v Rui Hachimura, Lonnie Walker IV and Dennis Shroder.

The last nail for Monty was their loss to Dallas last year. It just hadn't been nailed in.
This year's loss again in the second round drove it home.
He had to return to the finals for it to have been removed.
Wonder privately if he really wanted the trade for KD, losing Bridges and Cam Johnson.

I think any contending team will want KD and it's a matter who you're giving up. Nets insisted on taking Brown and Smart plus picks. Suns were lucky to retain Booker and Ayton. KD commands a steep price, losing those 2 players are like a minimum that the Nets would demand. Bridges turned out to be a big loss judging from his performance with the Nets after the trade.

Last edited:
Reactions: jerrybj
Jamal Murray will have his way against Russell.
Vanderbuilt could limit Porter Jnr.
LeBron v Aaron Gordon, an interesting matchup. LeBron has to box out, but Gordon won't stop him.
KCP and Reaves will cancel each other out, but think Reaves will be something like a +8 in points over KCP.
Jokic and Davis? AD has to stay on his feet and stay out of foul trouble. The most interesting matchup.
Lakers do have Wenyen Gabriel to throw at Jokic for a few minutes to give AD a rest.

The bench? The difference makers?
Bruce Brown v Rui Hachimura, Lonnie Walker IV and Dennis Shroder.
Agree with your assessments. Lakers players aside from Davis and LeBron all have been playing level up basketball. Reeves has played in ways much better than Caruso as Reeves is a tremendous rebounder too. Porter has to be more consistent with his scoring. Denver needs all 5 starters and 2 bench players to score double figures because to me, the Rui and Schroeder can burn them any night. You're right, Davis and Joker is the pivotal matchup. Davis won handily in the bubble series and Joker has his best chance now to prove his mettle. MVPs don't really mean much if there is no title.

Reactions: steve williams
Btw.. the bubble series was 4-1 Lakers.

Another one bites the dust. Is it his fault or the missing 3 players from their last Finals stint?

I just read that. Im not surprised but I am disappointed. Tough to go from COTY to a coach looking for a job.The Suns have always been a run and gun team which scored a lot of points but never played defense. I think that was obvious again this year. Chris Paul sat out yet another series and is almost certainly destined to never win a ring. Harden might get his this year but Im not betting on it

Denver is a tough team and they have to contain Murray. I think the Lakers can win a few games but I also believe that they have players that can hound Murray. No matter the outcome, I remain amazed that the Lakers have gone from 13th in the standings to reaching the conference finals I believe the Lakers just might pull this one off but a lot of luck and healthy players will be needed. AD is the key to it al

Agree with your assessments. Lakers players aside from Davis and LeBron all have been playing level up basketball. Reeves has played in ways much better than Caruso as Reeves is a tremendous rebounder too. Porter has to be more consistent with his scoring. Denver needs all 5 starters and 2 bench players to score double figures because to me, the Rui and Schroeder can burn them any night. You're right, Davis and Joker is the pivotal matchup. Davis won handily in the bubble series and Joker has his best chance now to prove his mettle. MVPs don't really mean much if there is no title.
I believe Murray will get his points but I also believe that the Lakers have the manpower to contain him. He will be double teamed for sure but I am convinced that the Lakers have enough players to contain him. The Nuggs seem to have a new star with eacch game they play.

So to all you pundits,it is time to make a prediction ....who will win this one and who will the Heat face and who will win the EC and take home the trophy

JackD201 calls Nuggs to win the west as well the ring

I think the Lakers have a chance based on their play over the past few months but it will be a long series so with Denver in 6 or Lakers in 7

The big unknown is what will happen in both games today. I don't think the Heat care who they play as they could very likely find themselves in the NBA final against either the Nuggs or the Lakers

I like Murray a lot. He's like a Booker who can spray like a machine gun. His Robin that time was Harris whom I was very impressed too. But he's gone and now it's KCP, who was on the Lakers team that beat the Nuggets in the bubble. Let's see. I'm not bullish on the Nuggets though,
Im not either Phil. Jokic although an amazing player can be contained and FWIW the Lakers have had the best defense in the league since the trade deadline and the new Lakers emerged

No matter the outcome in either the east, the west or the finals, this for me has been the wildest NBA season I can remember in years.

It is not impossible for a number 7 and 8 team to represent the EC and WC. That would be talked about for years. I must admit that the Lakers have found a coach in Darvin Ham and the players seem to really like him. He is always upbeat as they come off the floor and I haven't seen LeBron doing any field Marshall coaching. The Lakers are focused and locked in. I would just like not to see AD on his butt at the end of every play in which he is involved as he is banged up.

Im not either Phil. Jokic although an amazing player can be contained and FWIW the Lakers have had the best defense in the league since the trade deadline and the new Lakers emerged

That will be the key

No matter the outcome in either the east, the west or the finals, this for me has been the wildest NBA season I can remember in years.

It is not impossible for a number 7 and 8 team to represent the EC and WC. That would be talked about for years. I must admit that the Lakers have found a coach in Darvin Ham and the players seem to really like him. He is always upbeat as they come off the floor and I haven't seen LeBron doing any field Marshall coaching. The Lakers are focused and locked in. I would just like not to see AD on his butt at the end of every play in which he is involved as he is banged up.
I saw a short reel of Ham as a player in the NBA. He literally tore down the ring from the glass back board. I think field Marshall thought twice about messing with him to insist on being the PG. :D

They play a similar pace, so the question becomes, which team is more efficient? I think this series is going to be a grind for both teams. I don't want to tick anybody off as I have no doggie in this at this point. Still that devil on my shoulder says Nuggs in 6. They steal game four, lose game 5, win it on the road. LOL I'm off to prove I have no psychic abilities :D:D:D

It's a good thing the knock-out game 7 is 3.30am here. I'll be asleep and hopefully relaxed to see the outcome watch 7am. Can't really predict as the team that sinks the 3 balls usually wins. Boston has lost 1 game to the Hawks and 2 games to Sixers on last second 3 point conversions. As a coach I can live with that. There's nothing you can do when opponents throw up 3 balls to kill you when they're just down by 2. It will be stupid to foul them from 40 feet out. I believe either Celtics or Sixers can beat Miami. Celtics will be so familiar with Butler and company from last year's Eastern finals.

other big questions will be who will coach the Bucks and the Suns
They have to find those teams where Ham was an assistant. And get the fellow assistants. :D

They play a similar pace, so the question becomes, which team is more efficient? I think this series is going to be a grind for both teams. I don't want to tick anybody off as I have no doggie in this at this point. Still that devil on my shoulder says Nuggs in 6. They steal game four, lose game 5, win it on the road. LOL I'm off to prove I have no psychic abilities :D:D:D
I tend to agree....the Nuggs have to win it in 6 as I believe the Lakers will steal a road win in game 7 ...I have no psychic abilities

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu