New Album & The Beginning of Basketball Season

Stephen A has a different spin in Philadelphia....when will Joel Embiid request a trade? He has never reached the conference finals

Stephen A. wonders when Embiid will ask out of Philly

• Wow
Reactions: jadis
The only player in the off season that I was hoping would find a home in Miami is Lillard. The guy deserves to be on a team which is competitive.He deserves a ring (or a chance to win one)for all of the years he faithfully played in Portland

Reactions: christoph
he should remain loyal to the team that drafted him and stay there his whole career..:p:p
Nice thought dimfer and I can't disagree but truthfully, how many players , played their entire career with the team which drafted them. Kobe was one, but he did demand a trade until Dr Buss told him to go f*** himself. The reality is every player dreams of a championship and a ring. The other reality is that a ring doesn't come easily to the team which drafts the player . IMO Damien has given his all to Portland. The city loves him but he has nothing to back him up and he is at the peak of his career. If it doesn't happen soon, it will never happen. I wish Damien luck. He is a class act player.

this is what he said after signing the contract extension to 26-27 season.

“I don’t think that you earn something like this just by going out there and scoring a bunch of points,” he said. “Something that’s missing in our league is character, and the fight and the passion and pride about, you know, not just the name on the back, but the name on the front, and how you impact the people that you come in contact with.”

and now asking for a trade. I personally think that anytime a player ask to be traded, the team owner loses something in terms of trade value. other teams who might be interested to get him will probably offer less because they have knowledge that Dame does not want to be there anymore.

I will have more respect for a player who does not sign a contract extension, work his ass off until the end of current contract and walk away or evaluate his options after completion of his current contract.

I like Dame btw..

this is what he said after signing the contract extension to 26-27 season.

“I don’t think that you earn something like this just by going out there and scoring a bunch of points,” he said. “Something that’s missing in our league is character, and the fight and the passion and pride about, you know, not just the name on the back, but the name on the front, and how you impact the people that you come in contact with.”

and now asking for a trade. I personally think that anytime a player ask to be traded, the team owner loses something in terms of trade value. other teams who might be interested to get him will probably offer less because they have knowledge that Dame does not want to be there anymore.

I will have more respect for a player who does not sign a contract extension, work his ass off until the end of current contract and walk away or evaluate his options after completion of his current contract.

I like Dame btw..
Dimferr

youre mistaken. If that were the case he’d be in Miami by now. Did you see what the Blazers we’re asking for him

Dimferr

youre mistaken. If that were the case he’d be in Miami by now. Did you see what the Blazers we’re asking for him
no, I am actually right. If Miami is not aware that Dame wants out, they will not grind the Blazers.. the Blazers owner can ask what they want, his real (depleted) value is what Miami is willing to offer.

the value of the deal is not what the seller is asking for, it is what the buyer is willing to pay

no, I am actually right. If Miami is not aware that Dame wants out, they will not grind the Blazers.. the Blazers owner can ask what they want, his real (depleted) value is what Miami is willing to offer.

the value of the deal is not what the seller is asking for, it is what the buyer is willing to pay
I disagree once again. The Blazers said they will trade him but they want X, Y and Z. Then Miami countered with a lesser offer. Perhaps Blazers are making the trade impossible because of whom they want thus suggesting they have no desire to trade him.

Now this is a great listen. Stephen A takes no prisoners

Why Stephen A. rates Steph ahead of Magic as greatest point guard of all time

• Wow
and how about this taking one step further......"Magic Johnson invented the Triple Double and has 5 rings"

Michael Jordan weighs in on the Curry vs. Magic debate

Reactions: steve williams
Stumbled at this feed during the lull. I never saw this charity game organized by Magic in the 80s, and I showed this for my 28 yr old son who always thinks the this era's player are faster. He agreed Magic was fast. He was asking me who my all-time starting 5 was and off the bat, I picked Magic at 1, Kareem at 5, Bird at 3. Jordan at 2, and Duncan or McHale at 4 (tough choice).

Prime on Prime, I think this bunch of runners could gas out everyone but MJ :D

Curry, Kobe, LBJ, Hakeem, Shaq. For half court 5 on 5 LBJ on Magic, Kobe on MJ, Dirk on Larry, Hakeem on Dunc, Moses on Kareem.

To be fair to Curry, he acknowledged Magic's CV and said he was just glad to be in the conversation. More media taking things out of context.

On Dame. He has not shown he is fully back from his abdominal injury. I liken him to Klay. We as fans can trade on past greatness but teams on the hunt have to look at the present. I don't want to see it yet but Dame may be headed Westbrook and Harden's way due to health :( Klay may never be the same defensively too.

The guard (pun intended) is changing very quickly. Edmonds, Fox, G-Alexander are just waiting for teammates to step up and follow suit. Murray has already broken through. Trailblazers were one of the first perennial playoff teams to be victims of these.

For half court 5 on 5 LBJ on Magic, Kobe on MJ, Dirk on Larry, Hakeem on Dunc, Moses on Kareem.
Good picks to go against my picks but my picks will win , even in a best of 7, in their primes, of course. :D

LeBron can control Magic due to his size ( heck, Dennis Johnson was credited for slowing down Magic in '84) but Magic does not need to score much and he really didn't. Hard to slow down pass first players (Magic , and Stockton). Dirk-Larry, good match. Larry has better passing. :D Hakeem on Tim, that's a real good one. footworks vs bank shot. :D Kobe can't stop Jordan, and maybe vice versa when Kobe has those 80 points modes. Moses on Kareem. Moses won't go to the promised land. Kareem's skyhook is said to be blocked only 5 times, all others will just be automatic 2 points. LOL Remember, he was all time scoring leader before the chase up, without help from the 3 point line. Well, he did make 1 in his entire career. :D Nice to play fantasy match ups.

Totally agree. As point guard, court general, no one is close.
My 2nd choice would be Steph of Isiah Thomas, and push comes to shove , I'll take IT.

IT's career numbers:
979 games, 19.2 points, 9.3 assists.

Curry
882 games , 24.6points, 6.5 assists.

I told my son that what impressed me most is that IT drives and penetrates, and makes midrange stop and pop shots that at times are against taller players. He virtually scored at will against whoever was guarding him. As he was a bitter rival, with the Pistons, my mind was blocked off from his plays in those times, but decades later, I realized he's one very under rated guards to play the game. Curry, no need to talk about his shooting prowess, truly he's the greatest in that field. He carried his team, sometimes all by himself, or most times actually, and is a pressure clutch shooter, from anywhere. Maybe the tiebreaker for me was the 43 point Game 6 Finals performance with a sprained hobbling ankle (25 points in the 3rd quarter). As Shaun Powell wrote about the game:

"After briefly leaving the game, Thomas returned and scored 11 of Detroit’s last 15 points in the quarter. The Pistons were down eight when he left and after he returned, they took a two-point lead into the fourth quarter. Without question, it was the second-most famous sprained ankle in NBA Finals history, and in some ways, it should be ranked No. 1.

Yes, Willis Reed gets plenty of deserved respect for walking out of the tunnel for the New York Knicks on his bum ankle in Game 7 of the 1970 Finals, but Reed scored only two baskets (which, admittedly, did fire up the Knicks in the win). Thomas, meanwhile, was engaged in a tight game with a title on the line, and the Pistons needed him on the floor.

Thomas finished with 43 points and eight assists and at times was the best player despite the injury. The finish was controversial as a “phantom” foul by Bill Laimbeer on Kareem Abdul-Jabbar gave the aging Lakers the lead for good. With his ankle still stiff and bothersome, Thomas was a non-factor in Game 7, which the Lakers won. Many believe if not for the injury, the “Bad Boy”-era Pistons would have three titles instead of two."

Shaun Powell

"After briefly leaving the game, Thomas returned and scored 11 of Detroit’s last 15 points in the quarter. The Pistons were down eight when he left and after he returned, they took a two-point lead into the fourth quarter. Without question, it was the second-most famous sprained ankle in NBA Finals history, and in some ways, it should be ranked No. 1.
I have to admit that I hated IT when he was part of the Bad Boys and how he walked off the court a loser and couldn't shake the hands of the winners. Having said that I did watch that game and agree with you about him and that sprained ankle

I have to admit that I hated IT when he was part of the Bad Boys and how he walked off the court a loser and couldn't shake the hands of the winners. Having said that I did watch that game and agree with you about him and that sprained ankle
Same with me. IT was as pugnacious a competitor as I've ever seen. He made Ainge look like a novice then. LOL He wanted to punch Ainge after Ainge made a breakaway foul. Fuming with fire. But , I have to acknowledge later on that he was a great player, all heart.

Oh , he was BFF with Magic, warm greetings before the jump ball. :D

Same with me. IT was as pugnacious a competitor as I've ever seen. He made Ainge look like a novice then. LOL He wanted to punch Ainge after Ainge made a breakaway foul. Fuming with fire. But , I have to acknowledge later on that he was a great player, all heart.

Oh , he was BFF with Magic, warm greetings before the jump ball. :D
I hated him, especially when he had that cocky little smile :rolleyes:

Good picks to go against my picks but my picks will win , even in a best of 7, in their primes, of course. :D

LeBron can control Magic due to his size ( heck, Dennis Johnson was credited for slowing down Magic in '84) but Magic does not need to score much and he really didn't. Hard to slow down pass first players (Magic , and Stockton). Dirk-Larry, good match. Larry has better passing. :D Hakeem on Tim, that's a real good one. footworks vs bank shot. :D Kobe can't stop Jordan, and maybe vice versa when Kobe has those 80 points modes. Moses on Kareem. Moses won't go to the promised land. Kareem's skyhook is said to be blocked only 5 times, all others will just be automatic 2 points. LOL Remember, he was all time scoring leader before the chase up, without help from the 3 point line. Well, he did make 1 in his entire career. :D Nice to play fantasy match ups.
Super fun! :D Now switch 'em around Phil. I got 5 scorers to your 4. 3 with range to 1 Hehehe. Bird to me is the better passer than Magic in the half court. Open court Magic and Kidd rule. Half court Bird and Stockton. Just my opinion :) Dirk was a shot blocker too. Even KG couldn't handle him. Even MJ would have had nightmares with triple towers. MJ also conceded Kobe would be tough because he stole all his moves LOL

Fun exercise. Obviously we'll never know. But man that would be priceless to see.

Oh Moses gave Kareem fits because he could get under him so Kareem had a hard time going into the sky hook. Ok. I cherry picked. I admit it. Dumars didn't give MJ near enough fits so I counted him out and went with a clone instead LOL LBJ is as close to Magic as I could come up with. Penny and Grant Hill blew their knees out too early to make my "anti" list. :D

About us

• What’s Best Forum is THE forum for high end audio, product reviews, advice and sharing experiences on the best of everything else. This is THE place where audiophiles and audio companies discuss vintage, contemporary and new audio products, music servers, music streamers, computer audio, digital-to-analog converters, turntables, phono stages, cartridges, reel-to-reel tape machines, speakers, headphones and tube and solid-state amplification. Founded in 2010 What’s Best Forum invites intelligent and courteous people of all interests and backgrounds to describe and discuss the best of everything. From beginners to life-long hobbyists to industry professionals, we enjoy learning about new things and meeting new people, and participating in spirited debates.

Quick Navigation

User Menu